I was carjacked in 1994

This is a discussion on I was carjacked in 1994 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mustang, That's why I started this thread to see if I'm ever in a circumstance like that, Would I be considered over reacting if I ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I was carjacked in 1994

Mustang,

That's why I started this thread to see if I'm ever in a circumstance like that, Would I be considered over reacting if I blast someone.

I don't ever want to have to take out my weapon and use it, but I know what it is to be left on side of a mountain with a bullet in my face.

2. Remove Ads

did they ever catch these guys ?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRICKORMATE View Post
    yes sir. I was sitting in the driverside and the BG broke the passanger window and stuck his arm inside the Rodeo and shot me point blank 1/2 inch from my right eye. I seen the flames from the corner of my eye.

LEO said that I was lucky due to the bullet not going all over the place once it penetrated my face.
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck and I'm glad you survived. I have a question. Had you been CCW and the incident happened exactly as you described, would you have had time to defend yourself with your weapon when the BG suddenly broke the window glass? Through your description of the event, I'm imagining it happened pretty fast and unexpectantly.

Also, immediately after the shooting, while on the ground, and coupled with the stress and injury, do you recall having the desire/ability/ thoughts to use a weapon at that time, if you had one?

Just wondering, it's interesting to learn from a shooting victims experience. Once again, I'm glad you survived......you're lucky.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Wow,given the scenario do you think had you been carrying would you have been able get your gun out before he shot you,it sounds like they were planning on shooting from the get go.
    OOps just saw the previous post
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Did you see the guys coming? Did you see the gun before he fired?

Man, I can't imagine. Glad you made it.

Quote Originally Posted by REDTAIL View Post
    did they ever catch these guys ?
    The BG's were cought, How they cought them well here it goes.

The guys are driving the Rodeo with a girl, they flip the Rodeo and they leave her in there.

well they run the tags on the Rodeo they see that it's been reported stolen and well they arrest her.

she begins to tell them what happened etc.

Well, the oldest guy (23yrs old at the time) was arressted at his job and that's the way he was cought.

The 18yr old was busted at his house, Now the 16 yrd that shot me was the hardest one to get. it took them almost a year to find that BG.

Family would not say a word etc, well someone gave them a tip of where he was at and the swat team tore down the door and jacked him up.

Keep in mind I didn't even live in El Paso TX, I had actually driven my Grandpa to TX, cuz no one else wanted too, I was suppose to leave back that Monday and this happened on Feb 5th 1994.

What's crazy is that my youngest son was born Feb 5th 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck and I'm glad you survived. I have a question. Had you been CCW and the incident happened exactly as you described, would you have had time to defend yourself with your weapon when the BG suddenly broke the window glass? Through your description of the event, I'm imagining it happened pretty fast and unexpectantly.

Also, immediately after the shooting, while on the ground, and coupled with the stress and injury, do you recall having the desire/ability/ thoughts to use a weapon at that time, if you had one?

Just wondering, it's interesting to learn from a shooting victims experience. Once again, I'm glad you survived......you're lucky.
    I was in the back part of the Rodeo with my Girlfriend at the time, good thing we weren't doing anything just talking, As we were laying in the back I heard some voices and I seen some shadows through the windows (windows were tinted) They tried to open the tail gate but it was locked and they pulled on it real hard that the Rodeo moved back an forth.. That's when I jumped on the front seat and tried to start the SUV, I'm sure it was already on but that didn't register in my head. by the time I had jumped on the front seat they were already by the passanger side and that's when the window was broken by one of them and the other BG stuck his arm inside the SUV and fired the shot at my head.

I would had used the weapon at the time they were pulling on the tailgate, I would have been shooting from inside cuz they couldn't have seen me. Yes I had wished I had a gun while I was laying there, would i had used it? I don't think I would have cuz by that time I couldn't see out of my right eye, the right side of my face was swollen. I think i would had been a much eaiser target for them at that point.

I'm glad I'm still here to tell this nightmare of a story.

I'll try to post some pictures of what I looked like at the time I got shot, I'll have to take pictures of the pictures if that makes sense.

The pictures i'll post is probably like 2 days after the shooting.

The night before the 3 BG's had shot a man in downtown El Paso TX, his car had broken down and he was in the driver side, He had his window down and they walked and shot him right behind the ear dragged him out of the car and to there luck the car didn't start so they left him there.

Thank God he survied

That same night they went to Scene Drive an there is where they shot a US Soldier in the face that the bullet went from one cheeck and exited it the other side, he lost some teeth but he was able to drive himself out of there. He was with his Girlfriend also and he also survived.

VIP Member
    Glad your still with us Superman. I hope those BG's are still locked up ?. What happened to the Girl ?.

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    Glad your still with us Superman. I hope those BG's are still locked up ?. What happened to the Girl ?.
    My Girlfriend at the time? or the Girl that with them at the time of the accident?

VIP Member
    Your Girl Friend of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    Your Girl Friend of the time.
    Well they dragged her to the back of the SUV and pointed the gun at her head, I heard her yelling "leave him alone, Please don't shot me",

I get flashback's just thinking of it...

After I heard the car doors slam and heard them leave, I flatlined (that's where i felt going thru a tunnel and pleading for my soul) she tells me she was there for a few min's trying to get me up but there was no reponse on my part. It seemed like a long time from the moment I came back to myself, When I picked up my head from the position that I was in, that's when I seen the 3rd BG come back to where I was at.

she had to walk probably about 1/2 mile to the bottom of the moutain that we were at in El Paso TX, to get help for me..

after the BG took my stuff and checked my pulse etc (don't want to repeat everything again).

And heard his car leave, I got up and everything went black. I couldn't see from my right eye because that part of my face was swollen, I was only able to see from my left eye for a few min's and that's when everything went black. I said to myself man how am i going to get down this moutain if I can't see..

I started praying and asking God to please let me get help.

cont...

Well I kept praying and I was able to get my sight back from my left eye, I knew I couldn't freak out cuz I knew it would be worse if I did. I drug myself all the way down the moutain on my butt cuz i couldn't walk because of the loss of blood.

I still have the clothes that I was wearing that night in a plastic bag..

anyways when i got to the bottom to some houses I was going to knock on the first house but there was a big dog inside the fence barking and I didn't want to risk anything..

well i thought i was going to knock on the next house but i ended up at the end of the block.. well i knocked on the door of a house and it was around 5:30AM - 6AM in the morning. I'm knocking and i see someone coming to the door, they open the door i have my hand holding my face where I was shot and i tell them please call the police cuz i've been shot.

Thank God the couple let me in.. well while i was at the bottom of the moutain my Girlfriend had already made contact with the police and they had went back to where we were, they didn't find me and they had thought the BG's had actually came back and got my body or they had threw me over the moutain.

cont....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links