I was carjacked in 1994

This is a discussion on I was carjacked in 1994 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ccman TRICKORMATE You look good. Thanks for sharing. I'm surprised 60 minutes or some show like that did not call you for ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I was carjacked in 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    TRICKORMATE You look good. Thanks for sharing. I'm surprised 60 minutes or some show like that did not call you for your story.
    I was approached to do some type of New's briefing after the court trial, but that never happened don't know why.

Pictures in page 5-6

2. Remove Ads

Looks lika a .22 wouldn't do anything now but piss you off. You turned out to be a big boy....

Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Dog View Post
    Looks lika a .22 wouldn't do anything now but piss you off. You turned out to be a big boy....

Thanks for sharing.
    My wife is a great cook. The barrel of the gun was about 2-3 feet from my face due to the BG sticking his arm inside the SUV.

pictures in page 5-6

Quote Originally Posted by TRICKORMATE View Post
    This is what I look like now..

When they did the surgery they had to do plastic surgery on the right side.

The surgeon did well. God was with you, and I'm glad one of the good guys made it. You truly deserve that avatar that you have!!
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

You're right, God was with me.
    Read my story.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ed-1994-a.html

Pictures in page 5 & 6

Quote Originally Posted by TRICKORMATE View Post
    Thank you guys for allowing me to share my story.
    Oh no. Thank YOU for sharing it with us.

Stay safe.

-JT

All I can say is 45 years is not enough for the guy. With all they were involved in none of them should ever see the outside of a federal Penn again.

Dont worry about him getting out in 45 years. A guy in his youth with already a "Tough Guy" attitude will either get killed or prosecuted for the crimes he will commit while serving his initial 45. I would like to see his record since he's been in.

Wow. I currently live in El Paso and I know that Scenic Drive is a place to take the missus to "fool around" I think the BG's used that to their advantage. You may have been caught with your mind somewhere else.
    As far as the carnage in Juarez spilling over here seems unlikely. They know that the US does not play when it comes to terrorism. In essence thats what these guys are, terrorists. Keeping everyone in a state of fear as to what their next level of harm will be.
    God was clearly with you in that vehicle that morning. God bless you and your family. You truly are blessed to get a second lease on life!

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Oh no. Thank YOU for sharing it with us.

Stay safe.

-JT
    Hear, Hear! and +1 !
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by texasccw View Post
    Wow. I currently live in El Paso and I know that Scenic Drive is a place to take the missus to "fool around" I think the BG's used that to their advantage. You may have been caught with your mind somewhere else.
    As far as the carnage in Juarez spilling over here seems unlikely. They know that the US does not play when it comes to terrorism. In essence thats what these guys are, terrorists. Keeping everyone in a state of fear as to what their next level of harm will be.
    God was clearly with you in that vehicle that morning. God bless you and your family. You truly are blessed to get a second lease on life!
    From what I was told, these kids where in some gang called the Fatherless.

Every morning that I look in the mirror there's a scar that reminds me of that dredful day.
    Read my story.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ed-1994-a.html

Pictures in page 5 & 6

Quote Originally Posted by texasccw View Post
    As far as the carnage in Juarez spilling over here seems unlikely. They know that the US does not play when it comes to terrorism.
    We are, have been, and continue to be, playing. If we weren't, bangers wouldn't be flashing sign and displaying tats. We don't take the issue seriously- going to prison where they receive 3 squares a day, exercise and unrestricted communication with their networks (via attorney-client privelege) is hardly "cracking down".

AA, Asian, Hispano, whatever, when a society has neighborhoods where the LE won't go in groups less than 6(yeah, in most of SA, its groups of 2 doz+ with an APC and heavy machineguns, but should it get to that point before we consider it "serious"?), the gangs rule.

Crazy story.. glad you and your GF made it out alive.

Thanks for sharing.

Arrow

These guys really are NOT terrorists. They are drug smugglers. They are "gangstas".

The question is not IF the war might spill over into the US, by WHEN will it spill over.

The US might not "play" when it comes to terrorism, but drug smuggling is another matter.

Keep yer gun handy!

The Second Amendment is NOT about hunting!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
    I think given your previous circomstance the judge/jury would be more inclined to side with you than to think that you over reacted.

unfortunately it is possible that you coul be prosecuted for killing a would-be attacker (especially in some of the more nazi states)
    Just thinking that if you had shot those DB's when they were shaking your tailgate you would have been in deep kimshi. However, since they did, in fact, shoot two other men previously, you would have gotten a pass.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links