I was carjacked in 1994

This is a discussion on I was carjacked in 1994 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If that doesn't make you think. Well, God has something in the works for you or you wouldn't be around. THANKS for sharing and glad ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I was carjacked in 1994

Distinguished Member Array old grunt's Avatar

WOW

If that doesn't make you think. Well, God has something in the works for you or you wouldn't be around. THANKS for sharing and glad you are a survivor!!!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by old grunt View Post
    If that doesn't make you think. Well, God has something in the works for you or you wouldn't be around. THANKS for sharing and glad you are a survivor!!!
    I thank him for his mercy and for allowing me to be a survivor and to allow me to share my testimony.

Trickormate.
    Read my story.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ed-1994-a.html

Pictures in page 5 & 6

Wow, that's a moving story. So glad you're okay and those punks got sent away. I certainly hope they're still there and don't get an early release.

I was stationed in El Paso (Fort Bliss) in 88-89, and spent many evenings up on Scenic Drive with girls, the last of which I married there in March '89. Still married too, it's 20 years coming up next March. Also spent a LOT of time in Juarez, even lived there for several months. My wife still has family there.

At the time I was young and tough and fearless (and naive, and stupid, and...). And I loved El Paso/Juarez. But it was getting pretty bad even then, and I could see it getting worse. From what we've heard from relatives still there, it HAS gotten a lot worse. But then again just about *everywhere* has gotten worse, which is why it's even more important that we carry to protect ourselves and our loved ones.
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II • Colt Combat Commander • Glock 26 GNS • Ruger Mark III 22/45 • Kahr CW9 (sold)

I am speachless. I'd say the Man was looking out for ya.
    I was stationed in Ft. Bliss in '75, and got my first tattoo in Jaurez, in a bar.
    Just goes to show you never know when or where the boogyman strkes.

Quote Originally Posted by TRICKORMATE View Post
    From what I was told, these kids where in some gang called the Fatherless.
    Whatever else is true, they're officially members of the Honorless, the Spineless and the Hades/ACME Consortium of Poorly-Endowed Prattlers ... fatherless though they may be. Fatherless, and missing a few other things, obviously, like humanity. Whodunit? Bubba, in Cell Block D, with a pipe wrench. I truly hope that Bubba is making nice-nice each and every night, with these idiots. 45yrs? Sometimes, there aren't enough years.

I can't believe it has been weeks and I've missed this story.

Trick, you've been given a gift. To literally see what life might be without you. You're living proof that good things can happen and will, with dedication and devotion to the people we love. You have my condolences for the pain and suffering you have gone through. You have my respect and admiration for standing tall in the 15yrs since, tall enough to love your wife and raise your children to be honorable people. They all have a strong example living with them.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

first i would like to thank you for sharing your story. its truly is amazing.

that scum shouldn't have gotten a plea. 3 aggravated robbery over 2 attempted cap. murder, 2 aggravated assault and 2 aggravated robbery... i think its ridiculous that they offer pleas in situations like this, if your being tried for something, you should stand trial for it. not say "well ill go to jail for a lesser charge"...

and a side note, seeing that the one was a 21yo, AND a LEO's son, i think they should be harder on him, at his age and (assumed) upbringing he should have known better.

+1 on everything CCW9MM said before me.

once again though, im glad your alive. i was almost killed in a car accident 2 years ago, and just thinking of it brings chills to me, i cant imagine how you feel. thank you so much for your story, and braving the memories to share it with us. i wish the best to you and your family.
    NREMT-B

"Dead is dead"
    "Yea, till we show up with jumper cables and drugs to debate it"

I just felt that I needed to share it with you folks, It's been a ride that's for sure I'm just thankful that I'm able to carry now and I hope I never have to use it, but if I do I won't hesitate.
    Dude I know that plastic surgery was not as advanced back than as it is not but you need to sue those docs. They did not have to just slap you mug together and leave ya THAT homely. Dang bet that ticks you off...... They could have at least made you good looking after all you went through

Joking sorry could not help myself. My wife's teases me all the time because a few years back she came up on me as they were putting in the ambulance after I had put my face through the side windows of a car at 30 mph. My mug was bloody and looked shredded. My wife had visions of Val Kilmer. Much to her dismay turned out to be just scratches they stitched up so she got me back with the same fugly mug she married with a couple of new little scars. Anyway, joking

Thanks for the share, nothing brings home how immediate horrific and deadly these encounters are than first hand accounts like yours. Thankfully you survived to continue to be of service to your community even if it is not in the way you had planned. Sadly shattered dreams is among the wreckage theses maggots create. Glad to see you are a strong enough to not let that keep you down and found other ways to be of service to your family and community.

As far as your questions about what we would have done. Realizing that I am in the comfort of my home with perfect hindsight. I would not shoot as long as they stayed out side of the car and had made no aggressive action. If all they did was try to unsuccessfully open a door. I would do no more than covertly draw and have my girl friend stay behind cover below window level on the floor boards if possible. Awhile back I set out to prove Janq wrong on another topic and shot up a car with my .45 using both Hp and FMJ none of the rounds penetrated the metal of the car. So it will provide some protection. I would have tracked their positions try to come up with a plan that will probably go out the window with the first shot. As soon as they opened the door at the sight of a weapon I would respond with maximum force of violence and fury. I would stop when they were on the ground in submission or incapable of being a threat. In addition to the ten plus one in my XD and the thirteen in my spare magI have always have two additional mags in my car, giving me fifty rounds of 230 grain HST to getter done.
    Good to see that you to are prepared to deal with it if you are ever confronted with the evil again. Please train and practice. Know how to use your tools. Great to see you here learning and sharing your experience with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Bouquett View Post
    Hey folks, the next time some internet "expert" tries to tell you a .22 caliber handgun is a sufficient SD gun you just stop and think of the several people this punk would've killed if he'd been using something like a .38 spec. +P. If he'd used a .45 ACP or a .357 mag. they'd all be dead for sure.
    I am not an internet "expert" nor do I ever advocate using a .22 for self defense however this story indicates that a .22 would be an effective man stopper, and validates those that say a .22 would work for self defense. Our goal is not to kill but to stop an attack. With the shot hitting the sinus it is obvious that a .22 stopped the victim in this case as it did the other victims and may very well stop an aggressor as well. That said I am going to keep packing my .45 and will not recommend that anyone I care about carry a .22 for self defense.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

LongRider,

I went back in time to think about that horrific early morning, I don't know if I could have done all of the things you said, I was only 20 yrs old at the time, and not only that, I was not carrying a weapon.

I did what was best at that moment and that was to start the SUV and drive off, but it was to late when they broke the window and the teen shot me point blank.

Regards,
    Read my story.

Pictures in page 5 & 6

I've sat here, mesmerized, reading your account, the answers to the questions you've been asked, and observing your demeanor throughout your presentation to this forum. I can only say God Bless. I am thankful that you and your girlfriend survived that night. When things happen that fast, I'm not sure any of us would have reacted in a way that our hindsight indicates while reading this. I can only hope as I and all of us train, read, and analyze all of the "what if" situations, that I/we will have the ability, if ever involved in such a horrific scenario that you experienced, to react in a manner to protect myself/ourselves, our loved ones, anyone with me/us, and inflict maximum hurt on the BG's. Thank you for sharing.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    I've sat here, mesmerized, reading your account, the answers to the questions you've been asked, and observing your demeanor throughout your presentation to this forum. I can only say God Bless. I am thankful that you and your girlfriend survived that night. When things happen that fast, I'm not sure any of us would have reacted in a way that our hindsight indicates while reading this. I can only hope as I and all of us train, read, and analyze all of the "what if" situations, that I/we will have the ability, if ever involved in such a horrific scenario that you experienced, to react in a manner to protect myself/ourselves, our loved ones, anyone with me/us, and inflict maximum hurt on the BG's. Thank you for sharing.
    Thank you for taking the time to read my story, I suppose telling it is part of the healing process.

God Bless all of you and your families.
    Read my story.

Pictures in page 5 & 6

Did he just reach in without warning, grabbed you and shot you or did you have some warning of what he was about to do? Seems like it happened so quickly that having a gun at that moment may not have helped you much.
    "Government is not reason and it is not eloquence. It is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action."

George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by henryher View Post
    Did he just reach in without warning, grabbed you and shot you or did you have some warning of what he was about to do? Seems like it happened so quickly that having a gun at that moment may not have helped you much.
    As i was trying to start the motor on the SUV, I heard the passenger window break and I turned in that split second and I seen his arm going in through the broken window as I turned back towards the hood I seen the flame of the gun by the corner of my eye and I felt the worst hit that you have ever felt.
    Read my story.

Pictures in page 5 & 6

LongRider,

I went back in time to think about that horrific early morning, I don't know if I could have done all of the things you said, I was only 20 yrs old at the time, and not only that, I was not carrying a weapon.

I did what was best at that moment and that was to start the SUV and drive off, but it was to late when they broke the window and the teen shot me point blank.

Regards,

Please don't take anything I said as criticism. you did perfect you did what you needed to survive that. That is all that we can ever really hope for. I got the scenario wrong too some reason. Thought they were trying the doors at first, if your first awareness is when you are being shot there really is nothing to do and I agree with your post that shooting blind is not a good idea and could prove deadly to innocent people
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post

Please don't take anything I said as criticism. you did perfect you did what you needed to survive that. That is all that we can ever really hope for. I got the scenario wrong too some reason. Thought they were trying the doors at first, if your first awareness is when you are being shot there really is nothing to do and I agree with your post that shooting blind is not a good idea and could prove deadly to innocent people
    By no means did I take it wrong, I understood your post.

Thanks again for taking the time to read my post, if you or anyone else has any other questions please let me know.

Thanks again.
    Read my story.

Pictures in page 5 & 6

I hope everyone is able to see the pictures, I can see them from my office and from home.

they're hosted on photobucket.
    Read my story.

Pictures in page 5 & 6

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Links