I was carjacked in 1994

This is a discussion on I was carjacked in 1994 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That's some pretty good surgery ,you can't even tell you were a redheaded Irish kid before.....J/K. I live in South Texas and crime is bad,If ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I was carjacked in 1994

That's some pretty good surgery ,you can't even tell you were a redheaded Irish kid before.....J/K. I live in South Texas and crime is bad,If I couldn't carry a CCW I'd probably sell my house and move to a little safer place.Glad those scumbags were caught and you lived to see them brought to justice,I couldn't imagine seeing the gun flash during the shooting and hope you flashbacks don't haunt you as frequently
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    That's some pretty good surgery ,you can't even tell you were a redheaded Irish kid before.....J/K. I live in South Texas and crime is bad,If I couldn't carry a CCW I'd probably sell my house and move to a little safer place.Glad those scumbags were caught and you lived to see them brought to justice,I couldn't imagine seeing the gun flash during the shooting and hope you flashbacks don't haunt you as frequently
    For some reason, during this time is when I get flash backs, it's those cool mornings where the temp is just a bit frosty and the wind is barely blowing and there is very little sun light that my memory takes me back to that early morning.
    Read my story.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ed-1994-a.html

Pictures in page 5 & 6

Quote Originally Posted by OM44 View Post
    Incredible! I have been in El Paso since the 60's when I was in high school. Scenic drive was a favorite place to take a date before taking her home. I have heard about crimes being committed there, but nothing as serious as what happened to you.

I don't remember hearing or reading about your incident. I do vaguely remember something about someone planning to join the military but being unable to do so after an attack by bad guys. I am very glad to hear you survived!

Bad guys do have the advantage because they know what they are planning and you don't. You must be able to react instantly, which requires you to be alert and have a gun handy.

Texas didn't have a law in 1994 allowing concealed carry like they do now. If you don't yet have your license to carry, get it soon!

By the way, the gang war going on in Juarez is expected to spill over into the US very soon. Don't go anywhere without your gun, day or night! Don't go over the border into Juarez at ANY time!
    I was stationed at Bliss (El Paso) for a year from 1964 to 64. My buddies and I never thought twice about going across the border. No concerns at all. Unless we ran the risk of getting too rowdy ourselves and running afoul of the El Paso Police. A different world then. I was up and down Scenic Drive quite a few times. The last time I was in El Paso was several years ago doing some work at one of the hospitals there, I had some time during one afternoon and found a scenic pullout on SD and sat there for a few hours just looking out over the city, and relaxing while reading. Granted it was during the day and I thought nothing of it as for as danger. I would not consider doing that now.
    Dan,

CZ82 nut

I had a good friend who was stopped at a red light, was summer and his window was down. Someone walked up and stabbed him repeatedly in the chest and neck. No carjacking, nothing taken, just walked up and started stabbing, then ran off. He was in critical condition for quite a while.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    My question is what did your GF do after she got help? Did she ride with you to the hospital? and how did she emotionally handle everything afterwards, seeing you hurt? How long had you been dating? how did it end with her? Sorry I'm getting personal I just like to see how people close to you respond in these types of hard times. I have a GF and we are similar in age to you when this happened and I just wonder what she would do after. Thanks... God Bless you and your family.

This Story will help me be more aware of my surroundings and hopeful make me stay safe.
    God Bless Stay Safe.
    ~Spec
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links