I was carjacked in 1994

I was carjacked in 1994

This is a discussion on I was carjacked in 1994 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have read many scenarios where no one has actually shot someone during a time you felt threatened, it seems the BG always walks away, ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I was carjacked in 1994

I was carjacked in 1994

I have read many scenarios where no one has actually shot someone during a time you felt threatened, it seems the BG always walks away, runs away etc.
    I was carjacked in 94 and shot in the face I didnít have a gun and of course I was not a ccw until just last week,reading some of the scenarios I would have probably shot someone and asked questions later.

This is my perspective, If I see someone with a gun or knife endangering my family or me Iím fixen to blast them or if I was to get carjacked again or was approached by someone to give them my wallet (God forbid), I think I would not be there waiting to see if the person was going to leave I would defend myself.

Whatís your thoughts on this..

All I can say is if you're in fear of your life do what you gotta do.

I'm glad you're still around man.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockk View Post
    All I can say is if you're in fear of your life do what you gotta do.

I'm glad you're still around man.
    hey thanks,

It's a long story, but the kid that shot me was 16 and I was only 20 fixen to turn 21, the night before he and his buddies had shot two other guys in the face. Glad we all survived.

The bullet lodged behind my sinus.

Quote Originally Posted by TRICKORMATE View Post
    hey thanks,

It's a long story, but the kid that shot me was 16 and I was only 20 fixen to turn 21, the night before he and his buddies had shot two other guys in the face. Glad we all survived.

The bullet lodged behind my sinus.
    what caliber? 22?
    "An armed society is a polite society" - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
    what caliber? 22?
    yes sir. I was sitting in the driverside and the BG broke the passanger window and stuck his arm inside the Rodeo and shot me point blank 1/2 inch from my right eye. I seen the flames from the corner of my eye.

LEO said that I was lucky due to the bullet not going all over the place once it penetrated my face.

2 BG's left in the Rodeo, the 3rd BG left on foot then came back and checked my pulse on my neck, i was lying face down I had to play dead. the thoughts that crossed my mind, was he is fixen to shoot me behind the head. Thank God he didn't..

Just curious, what physical sense and sensations did you have at the site of the wound?
    Also how was your mindset in regard to physically being able to sense where you were, what was going on around you, and ability to move?

Geez man you had to have bled like a stuck pig taking a bullet to the sinus. :(

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Just curious, what physical sense and sensations did you have at the site of the wound?
    Also how was your mindset in regard to physically being able to sense where you were, what was going on around you, and ability to move?

Geez man you had to have bled like a stuck pig taking a bullet to the sinus. :(

- Janq
    I was shot about 1/2 inch from my right eye. The moment of the impact I felt that I was hit with 2x4 or the hardest punch you can imagine.

As soon as the impact i reached for the door handle and fell to the ground.

I was with a girl and she was dragged out of the Rodeo and they pointed the gun to her head, As i was laying on the ground i knew that there was no sense in trying to get up cuz I was losing to much blood.

I had to just lay there playing dead and do nothing. As soon as I heard the car doors slam and heard the BG's leave, I must have blacked out, but I honestly felt I died at that moment.

The girl I was with said she tried to get me up and was moving me by I was not responding. All I remember at that moment is going through a dark tunnell pleading to God for my soul.

cont...

2 BG's left in the Rodeo, the 3rd BG left on foot then came back and checked my pulse on my neck, i was lying face down I had to play dead. the thoughts that crossed my mind, was he is fixen to shoot me behind the head. Thank God he didn't..
    I would think remorse, he didn't have to check your pulse to shoot you in the back of the head or could it have been a bystander?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick View Post
    I would think remorse, he didn't have to check your pulse to shoot you in the back of the head or could it have been a bystander?
    No it was the 3rd BG, he took my wallet and my Nikie's, as soon as I heard him run from where I was at, I seen him as he went around the corner and heard the car door slam and he fired another gun shot but don't know where.

Damn. :(

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

No it was the 3rd BG, he took my wallet and my Nikie's, as soon as I heard him run from where I was at, I seen him as he went around the corner and heard the car door slam and he fired another gun shot but don't know where.
    OK so much for remorse, the little a$$*%#&
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Wow! You are certainly lucky to be alive.
    Did they catch those dirtbags?
    Had you been armed, know what you know now about awareness...would it have been any different?

Try to threaten my life...things are going to get very bright and loud, very quickly...hope you enjoy the 'fireworks'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Wow! You are certainly lucky to be alive.
    Did they catch those dirtbags?
    Had you been armed, know what you know now about awareness...would it have been any different?

Try to threaten my life...things are going to get very bright and loud, very quickly...hope you enjoy the 'fireworks'.
    They caught all three BG's. If I have had a gun at that time, I would have been shooting from inside the vehicle, If you ever go to El Paso TX, never go to scene drive at night, it's a well known place to see the city lights at night.
    http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...tain0Large.jpg

Wow trick thats ruff. Now that it is over you still gotta live with that.
    Be carefull

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links