Elevator Scenario

This is a discussion on Elevator Scenario within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Elevator Scenario Let say itís the end of the day and youíre on the 16th floor and youíre headed to your car, letís say you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elevator Scenario

Elevator Scenario

Elevator Scenario

Let say itís the end of the day and youíre on the 16th floor and youíre headed to your car, letís say you have a briefcase in one hand and several planners in your other hand.

So both hands have stuff. Now letís say the elevator stops on the 13th floor and 3BGís get in the elevator with you, letís say that one of them standís right next to you and pulls out a gun and says give me everything you got or Iím going to blast your brains, letís say as your putting your briefcase down one of them gives you a cheap shot and punches you in the gut and knockís you to the floor

What would you do?

I know there could be many Elevator Scenarios and please feel free to add them here for those of us that are always on them things.

2. Remove Ads

I'm new but it seems that SA should help cover this. If you always keep your strong arm free of clutter then you should be better able to react. Even so, there could always be a time when someone just plain gets the drop on you. Then you have to decide if there is anything you can do or MUST do given the situation you are in. Sometimes a slim chance is better than no chance at all.

Cy

3 bg in a tight space like an elevator is a tough one. in all honesty once i got knocked down id divert their attention with my weak hand while reaching for my weapon with the strong hand. id shoot from retention at the first/closest bg and continue down the line. if all three were armed i find it unlikely that i would make it out without at least being wounded. if only one had a firearm i would double tap him and then move down the line. the close qtr's is what makes this one a hard one for me
    when I leave this Earth, It's gonna be on both feet; NEVER KNEES IN THE DIRT

I was thinking about this as I was going to go get lunch, It's a pretty tight quarter if you ask me..

I'm wondering as you're seeing them come in your acting as if you're getting out on the floor they just came from..

But if they decide to push you back in, i think that would be the time to throw the briefcase on the floor, which would probably cause them to look at that and you have a split second to start blasting.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Sometimes you have to know when you're beaten. If legal, as they are leaving, I'd fill all 3 with holes.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

As I read this, I had a little flashback from last weekend. I went to Miami Beach, and since we were going out partying, I didn't carry. We parked in a parking garage, and as we were walking out, we took the stairs. As soon as we passed the 3rd floor, the door opened behind us, and I whirled around to see what was behind me, and at the same time pushed my wife behind me and guarded my strong side.
    3 guys came down, just going to the bar, but one of them definitely saw my reaction and slowed down. My wife never noticed.

On the way back from the bar, we took the elevator, and she and I were the only ones in it. As the door closed, 2 big ole guys reached in to open the door. I instantly said, lets take the stairs to her, and we got off. Well, as we walked the long way up to the car, the 2 guys decided not to take the elevator and left the garage. Don't know where they went, but I know I went straight to the car and got out of there

Quote Originally Posted by TRICKORMATE View Post

What would you do?

It sounds as if I'd get the snot kicked out of me!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

wcbstv.com - Elevator Assault Victim: 'You Should Be Ashamed'

Old new's but just stuff we don't think about.

VIP Member
    In this scenario you just take your lumps and hope they don't kill you.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Just you and 3 BGs in an elevator? Unless your name is Jason Bourne, you're SOL and at the whim of the BGs.
    Bitter and clinging to my guns and my religion.

....Both hands full, 3 bg's, one with a gun, and a cheap shot........all while in the very close confines of an elevator. Very bad situation.

The only thing I got is to drop all in my right hand while rolling on my strong side, drawing and firing......up. BG with the gun gets it first if possiable but I'm opening up while trying to keep my sidearm as tight in my body as I can.

That's it. Very good scenairo to think through.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    Sometimes you have to know when you're beaten. If legal, as they are leaving, I'd fill all 3 with holes.
    Although I like this answer, its probably not the right reaction. If the scenario matches the OP's, all one can do is take the lickin' and hope your not killed. As soon as you pull a weapon in that confined space, your dead from one of them. I guess I'll just take the stairs from now on.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Some of the scenarios on this forum ARE thought provoking...some, well...

Let's say your on an elevator...you're wearing a straightjacket...17 BG's with machine guns and terrorist bomb vests get on the same elevator...8 of them also pull knives and put them to your neck...you suddenly realize that you left your pistol in the car, but you do have a pen knife in your left shoe...
    What would you do?

Respectfully submitted, of course...
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; September 10th, 2008 at 10:55 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Lead Moderator
    Take the stairs next time
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Honestly in an elevator , phone booth , bathroom stall , and other restricted space ill most likely go for my knife while using what is in my hands for distraction. Then any and all in reach will get cut 3 ways ... Deep , Fast , and Repeatedly. I tell ya fellas ill look like a huckster from the 30s calling down rain while the " spirit " is uppon him ( or an epileptic on meth take your choice ) . Firearms are fine tools , but in a confined environment many times not only are they not the choice , but they are not even in the question of what to do . With the op's q i am holding weapons in both hands ( may not even hurt but distraction has its own advantages ) . A multi pound briefcase will get your attention if your whacked with it btw. The point is violent resistance at the point YOU choose . Predators look for prey , not a scuffle . The fella wanting your wallet may well kill you as a convenience before he leaves , but unlike a solderer he is not looking for a fight and in fact has little interest in staying around to discuss things if you change the program . He hurts others , if you hurt him you are unlikely to awaken a warrior spirit , rather you will awaken his latent greyhound or racehorse as a rule . Oh he will try so when you commit to violence then totally commit to it , your now in a fight for your life not a high school punching match . As the vote thing in Chicago goes you need to cheat hard , cheat fast , and cheat often . Dont give the felons a chance . The common rules among states is that you have to spot the criminal the if not first act at least the clear intent . In some states you still have a duty to retreat so a good thing to keep in mind is screaming HELP , HELP , HE WANTS TO KILL ME before and during any confrontation . Not that this will bring " help " in time to do more than draw an outline of you , but that in this day of witnesses , full audio cameras ect.. it shows an intent for you to just stop what is happening as well as a fear for your life . In point of fact NONE of us want to kill anyone , and i hope no one who reads this has to . However i will say that if you are in a life or death struggle well YOU want to be the one to go home . Not only that , but it would be nice to still own your home when its all done , and not have a showermate called bubba . Out here in " flyover country " self defense is pretty clear cut without some of the " nuance " that some of our members in other areas deal with . ill stop here and maby put up a thread on my understanding of MY states ( common ) views of self defense and prosicutioral tools such as grand jurys , interrigation , ect . I dont want to hijack the thread , and to wrap it back Ill use my " handfulls " as distractions more than weapons , tho the briefcase has possibility , ill go go my large folder rather than my pistol , and ill " get active " on my defense .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links