Grasped weapon,noticed bulge in sleeve

This is a discussion on Grasped weapon,noticed bulge in sleeve within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Homies walked on by didn't pay me no mind, thought me staring at them might set them off, but no. Further down saw shorty take ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grasped weapon,noticed bulge in sleeve

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Homies walked on by didn't pay me no mind, thought me staring at them might set them off, but no. Further down saw shorty take a drink of what ever was up his sleeve. Heighten awareness or just paranoid ?

That is what we call Non Verbal Communication. When I worked with Juvenile delinquents they would say somrthing like why are you Muggin me? Like we were thinking something they could nt hear . they were right. If they began to get physical and we were about to perform a restraint the time for talking was over but we had to communicate our Intentions by doing stuff like removing rings, watches jewlery from our person and it is amazing how many times they understood what was about to happen.
    Amazing how just the movement of a hand to a certain position switches the momentum of fear!
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

2. Remove Ads

Two weeks ago I was in Hartford for dinner. I had my 380 w/ me, my gf didnt even know. We got home and the news said 8 people were shot that evening in the same general area we were. It made me happy I went to the efforts of a ccw permit.

Welcome sigman232, hopefully you'll introduce yourself on New Members. Hartford can get crazy, the north end can really rock&roll sometimes, I would never go there at night.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    If you had done nothing, and he was one of the several who will shoot someone unprovoked today or this week, you probably wouldn't be here to post about it.

If I had time, I could probably find a thousand examples of where someone in your same situation was assaulted and/or shot unprovoked.

Better safe than sorry.

Better safe than shot.
    You're 1000% right on this.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

I once watched a situation much like this go very bad.
    A contractor was in the front yard, back to the street. Two thugs walk down the sidewalk until even with him, then one abruptly turned and punched him square in the back of the head, at the base of the skull. He was KO before he hit the ground.
    The two homies kicked him a couple times & generally harassed his unconscious body before losing interest and wandering off.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Always be two steps ahead of the game.

I'd rather be two steps ahead than having to watch instant reply to find out what the hell just happened.
    We are only as vulnerable as we are naive.

Yes you are paranoid, does not mean they are not out to get you. Stay alert, don't eat dirt
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links