Univeristy of Akron's "Defense Plan" Codename ALICE - Page 3

Univeristy of Akron's "Defense Plan" Codename ALICE

This is a discussion on Univeristy of Akron's "Defense Plan" Codename ALICE within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mlr1m I find it hard to understand that more of you aren't applauding this as a wonderful first step. Once we have ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Univeristy of Akron's "Defense Plan" Codename ALICE

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I find it hard to understand that more of you aren't applauding this as a wonderful first step. Once we have retrained these kids that its ok to follow their natural instinct for self preservation they will no longer be sheep.
    Hopefully they will start looking for better ways to protect themselves. I wouldnt be supprised to see some come to the conclusion that firearms are the perfect tool for the job.
    Who knows. Maybe we will see shooting clubs back in the schools again.

Michael
    I see you can dream, too!
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I find it hard to understand that more of you aren't applauding this as a wonderful first step. Once we have retrained these kids that its ok to follow their natural instinct for self preservation they will no longer be sheep.
    Hopefully they will start looking for better ways to protect themselves. I wouldnt be supprised to see some come to the conclusion that firearms are the perfect tool for the job.
    Who knows. Maybe we will see shooting clubs back in the schools again.

Michael
    Exactly! Its the start of a new way of thinking. Students participating in this program have to face the reality of facing a man with a gun, holding nothing but a pencil.

I'd put good money that it creates a VERY good opportunity to put a CCW pamphlet in someone's hand and bug in their ear.

it will get people thinking, "dang, going up against a guy with a gun is pretty effin useless unless i have one myself." People will start to talk.

Bottom line, its no more useless than the hide-under-the-desk-and-wait-to-die approach, but it DOES get people pointed in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang View Post
    My son is also in college. He has gone to Tri C and also Now Kent State. They must be doing this acroos the board. There is a group Students for conceal carry or something like that. I knwo he's not happy with the situation either.
    Good luck with that. Akron tends to be a little more pragmatic probably due to a fair amount of violent crime in the area. Kent on the other hand would probably be more likely to mass distribute a "gunman on campus" kit to their students consisting of a blindfold and a kneeling pad.
    We are only as vulnerable as we are naive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links