Drew Weapon for first time

This is a discussion on Drew Weapon for first time within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; All's well that ends well. One small thing: You want to be very, VERY careful about telling someone either to show you his hands or ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Drew Weapon for first time

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    All's well that ends well.

One small thing:

You want to be very, VERY careful about telling someone either to show you his hands or take his hands out of his pockets, when they're in pockets to begin with.

Think about it: what are you EXPECTING to happen next?

What would the first move of an armed attack upon you probably be?

One and the same.

Better to have them face away from you first. Then you can move away from the last spot they saw you.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Good job. Bet she's glad you have your CCH now, and that she called you.

Yep, if she would have felt comfortable to talk to him because she knew him from work... they may have been doing a search for her body today.

OK ... I gotta ask what gun were you carrying and was there one in the chamber ??? LOL. And... is she ready to go to the range with you now ?
    I was carrying a glock 23 and there was one in the chamber like always. She goes with me everytime we are both off. Like people say there is nothing more sexy to a man then to see his better half in tight jeans with a magazine in thier back pocket and holding a gun.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

told my wife about this last night. she works with some freaky deakies also.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

wow thats scary.
    its easy for us to say what you should and shouldn't have done, but when it comes down to it, it turned out ok and thats all that matters.
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Good job on protecting your woman. I think every man would of done the same. Stories like this are scary, and we all pray they don't turn into nightmares. Good story to send to my SO too.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

that [Edited] was after your girl....i know the feeling, i posted the "almost carjacked" thread. luckily i didnt have to get that close because they drove off but it was real tense..i bet he thought he had her until you showed up and made him think twice. its good to hear about the good guys winning.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; September 17th, 2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Edited inappropriate language.

wow that is nuts. glad to hear it turned out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Mac View Post
    All's well that ends well.

One small thing:

You want to be very, VERY careful about telling someone either to show you his hands or take his hands out of his pockets, when they're in pockets to begin with.

Think about it: what are you EXPECTING to happen next?

What would the first move of an armed attack upon you probably be?

One and the same.

Better to have them face away from you first. Then you can move away from the last spot they saw you.
    Very good advise

Warrants for rape!?! AND he's a pharmacist?

I know you said the warrant was new, but whatever happen to a "background check". You would
    think this guy would of had trouble with the law before.

Glad you kept a cool head, and glad you knew to call the LEO's.. And really glad you where there to stop that pervert.

BTW... Next time the LEO's arrive, before they get out of the car, (if your safe) I would holster my pistol. I've done that on numerous occasions before, and I've never had any problems. The last time, they did not even ask me for my CCL.

VIP Member
    Well done, I'm glad everything turned out as well as can be expected.

As to the knife in his pocket - just to play devil's advocate here, what if one of us were in this pharmacist's position, but had been following the person for a legitimate reason (they left their purse at work, someone had called work with a very important message, whatever - this is a hypothetical). Everything else goes down the same. The police show up - imagine what WE have in our pockets and on our belts. One member here carries 5(!) knives... Many carry two guns. Even without a rape warrant pending, we are going to spend a good bit of time sorting all of this out with the PD....

Again, though, good job. I hope this guy faces his past (and future) charges!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    The warrant is a recent one so don't ask Im wondering the same thing I guess they did a Background check when he first started but not since then.
    In a prior job we hired a nurse who was later found out to have outstanding warrants for illegal drugs. The problem with the background check companies are that they can usually find convictions, but rarely warrants. The folks who do the background checks don't always have the same resources as LEOs.

The best bet are some of the firms who have former FBI and retired LEOs working for them. These folks can sometimes get the inside scoop through their personal connections when something about an individual doesn't smell right.

Glad that things worked out for you folks. I hope that this scumbag gets put away for a long time and stays out of your lives.

Great job, I would have done the same thing!! There was allot of great advice out there! I learn allot just from this nightmare that you guys experiences thanks for sharing..

Stay Safe Defend your women at all cost!!
    ~XD-45 Compact~
    You might be weak but God is Strong!

great job out there, good for keeping your cool. Sounds like he was asking for trouble until he saw the pistol, another potential assault prevented by a licensed gun carrier. well done!

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Charges are now pending against him
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

what gets me is even after you showed up, he was still coming at you. sounds like he was definitely going to try something on you to get to your fiance. Glad you were armed, sounds like it would have been justified if he'd kept advancing after you drew on him.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    Charges are now pending against him
    Are you saying he has been charged? At least stalking for starters. Since the fiance works at the same place...has the company fired him?

Rick

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links