Drew Weapon for first time

This is a discussion on Drew Weapon for first time within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I took care of the OC already. I am taking her to the gun shop on monday time for me to buy her a new ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Drew Weapon for first time

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    I took care of the OC already. I am taking her to the gun shop on monday time for me to buy her a new toy and something that begins with a .4 instead of a .380
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    and something that begins with a .4 instead of a .380
    Practice, practice, practice. Forcing a gun in "too much caliber" on someone just to get some more of that mythical "stopping power" is rarely a good idea. Not that your SO can't handle it, but if she is used to something smaller (or not used to shooting at all), a .40 or .45 can prove to be a handful. And as we all know, if she (or anyone) doesn't like to shoot it, she'll never learn to shoot it well.

Stay safe out there.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

It's scum like this pharmacy perp that are the bane of society. They kidnap, rape, and often kill... then they do it again and again until they are caught.

It's time to take your and your g/f's security up another notch. You'll likely be testifying against this scum, both at his trial and possibly at a future parole board hearing. This scum will know your names from court records. He'll have time in prison to think about revenge and retribution once he gets out. But as a future officer in the military, you were already destined for a need to live with a security level more on alert than normal.

You or your g/f may have a future meeting with this scum once he gets out of prison. If so, the timing will be of his choosing. You and she need to always be prepared for this scum to enter your world at any time.

Good job on putting this scum away.

If society breaks down, scum like this will be more prevalent. But I guess if society does break down, threats like him will be dealt with on the side of the highway.

Damn the legal system that lets guys like this out in a few years. Maybe we'll get lucky and his orientation will be altered by Bubba in prison... or maybe he'll have an unfortunate accident in prison.

Good job for your g/f for her being willing to carry. I hope she's made a life-long decision to carry every day (not counting the times you two may be overseas). She may have another meeting with scum in the future when you're not around, and she needs to be ready every single day, every single moment.

Thanks for going to court and helping put this scum away.

I am glad everything worked out. My only question is. My Daighter had to have a backround check to work as a Pharmacy Tech, and does yearly. I wonder how his issues slipped threw the cracks?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang View Post
    I am glad everything worked out. My only question is. My Daighter had to have a backround check to work as a Pharmacy Tech, and does yearly. I wonder how his issues slipped threw the cracks?
    A lot can happen in 12 months.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Practice, practice, practice. Forcing a gun in "too much caliber" on someone just to get some more of that mythical "stopping power" is rarely a good idea. Not that your SO can't handle it, but if she is used to something smaller (or not used to shooting at all), a .40 or .45 can prove to be a handful. And as we all know, if she (or anyone) doesn't like to shoot it, she'll never learn to shoot it well.

Stay safe out there.

My SO is from TX and she has been raised around guns all of her life and she shoots my .40 glock and my xd and para of which both are .45 so she is able but the only reason I want to get her a .40 or .45 is it can do more damage far off and not having to be so close to the BG and I also own a .380 and it does not do what I need it to do when it comes to protect her so thats why.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    My SO is from TX and she has been raised around guns all of her life and she shoots my .40 glock and my xd and para of which both are .45 so she is able but the only reason I want to get her a .40 or .45 is it can do more damage far off and not having to be so close to the BG and I also own a .380 and it does not do what I need it to do when it comes to protect her so thats why.
    When you say "far off"...how far?? Most of my practice is in the 10-20 foot range...about the length of a room.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    It's scum like this pharmacy perp that are the bane of society. They kidnap, rape, and often kill... then they do it again and again until they are caught.

You or your g/f may have a future meeting with this scum once he gets out of prison. If so, the timing will be of his choosing. You and she need to always be prepared for this scum to enter your world at any time.
    First, Grady is right many times these scumbags are on the street for many years starting with low level crimes and then escalate as they hone there skills. Some have taken decades to be caught.

Second, as for the future meeting, when incarcerated they have 24hrs a day to do nothing but plan and thats what they do. You may be part of his new criminal fascination, and he may be given many years to plan.

Be prepared and God Bless
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

go to any parole hearings he has to object or at least write to the parole board w/your story. he needs to stay in as long as possible.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Mac View Post
    All's well that ends well.

One small thing:

You want to be very, VERY careful about telling someone either to show you his hands or take his hands out of his pockets, when they're in pockets to begin with.

Think about it: what are you EXPECTING to happen next?

What would the first move of an armed attack upon you probably be?

One and the same.

Better to have them face away from you first. Then you can move away from the last spot they saw you.
    thats great advice sergeant mac, thanks
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    they found rope, duct tape and GHB pills and when I found that on the report my stomach dropped completely and I had chills
    please make sure the D.A. knows he had these items with him even if you have to tell him in person.

― Thomas Paine

I plan on it

ouch man, thats crazy. good luck!

man this thread is tearing me up, esp the parts about what the dude was carrying. I am making sure my SO gets to read this thread, so she can open her eyes.

let me know if i can help you in opening her eyes.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links