Drew Weapon for first time

This is a discussion on Drew Weapon for first time within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Earlier this evening My fiancee calls me while I'm out and tells me the Pharmasist she was working with that day was following her and ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Weapon for first time

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar

Drew Weapon for first time

Earlier this evening My fiancee calls me while I'm out and tells me the Pharmasist she was working with that day was following her and had been doing so ever since she left work she is a phymacy tech and had tried to turn down other roads to see if he was going to turn but nope kept following her and he had done 115 on the highway to keep up with her and she was getting freaked out and wants me there now so I run out and hop in the camaro of course with gun on the hip locked and loaded on the way out the door and speed off and catch up to them on the highway and I tell her to pull over and when she does I jump out as his door comes open and he steps out and I tell him to stay in the car and he does not heed the warning I again tell him to stay in the vechicle and I call to her to lock the doors and stay in the car until either I come up or LE arrives. I walk up to the car to check on her and as I am talking to her he approaches the car hands in his pockets and I then pull my shirt back and slide my hand on my weapon and tell him " show me your hands" he does not comply and so I draw my weapon and tell him step back and place your hands where I can see them. He does and about this time LE shows up and I tell them I have a CWP and they took my permit and checked it and then I got her out of the car and she told them what happened and he was taken into custody and when ran it came back he had a warrant for a rape in another state. He had a knife in his right front pocket they found when they patted him down. Thank god I got there before anything happened cause if anything happened he would have been in the obituary section of the paper.
    Last edited by XD 45; September 16th, 2008 at 10:57 AM.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

2. Remove Ads

WOW!! You never know!! Sounds like you handled it as I would have.
    Glad she had a phone, now get her a gun!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    That's a nightmare come true. I'm glad it worked out the way it did, though if you had to shut him down it wouldn't have been any loss to society.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceGibson View Post
    That's a nightmare come true. I'm glad it worked out the way it did, though if you had to shut him down it wouldn't have been any loss to society.
    A nightmare is right. Warrents for rape!?! AND he's a pharmasist?
    Very glad it worked out and hope your fiancee is OK after that misadventure.

After he was in custody, did the officer find any weapons on him or in his car? Him not showing his hands is BAD for his health and well-being in that situation.

Glad you both are OK
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Good SA on her part. I hope this does not have any linger effects for her less maybe considering becoming a sheepdog.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Glad it turned out well and great SA on her part...but a few thoughts:

1) I would of recommended driving to the local police department or a well established public place

2) I would not have stopped on the side of the highway...to many ifs...I shoot, family claims it was road rage. He has every right to get out of his car...which elevated the situation. I see my arrest and lawsuit...

3) Rapist's modus operandi is usually not to chase someone down the highway at 100+ speeds...if he had a rape charge in another state...I'm sure he would prefer to be steathy. You pull your weapon...and he doesn't get in his car and take off? Hummm...something not adding up right...

4) If a LEO attempts to pull you over while chasing after them...what would you have done? Keep going??

5) Did she call 911 while driving and stay on the phone with the police while describing the vehicle etc.?

Again...glad it worked out and she is ok.

Rick

Wow is right! Glad things worked out, but what a scare.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    Glad it turned out well and great SA on her part...but a few thoughts:

1) I would of recommended driving to the local police department or a well established public place

2) I would not have stopped on the side of the highway...to many ifs...I shoot, family claims it was road rage. He has every right to get out of his car...which elevated the situation. I see my arrest and lawsuit...

3) Rapist's modus operandi is usually not to chase someone down the highway at 100+ speeds...if he had a rape charge in another state...I'm sure he would prefer to be steathy. You pull your weapon...and he doesn't get in his car and take off? Hummm...something not adding up right...

4) If a LEO attempts to pull you over while chasing after them...what would you have done? Keep going??

5) Did she call 911 while driving and stay on the phone with the police while describing the vehicle etc.?

Again...glad it worked out and she is ok.

Rick

She was on the phone with 911 and described the car after she called me. I would have pulled over if LE attempted a traffic stop on me. I know about pulling over in a well established place but there was no place as we were on a highway in the middle of the country. I don't care what his intentions were that did not matter to me this scumbag was approaching the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with no one is going to stand in the way of that. I would have tried to hold him at GP until LE arrived and then let them handle it but if he came at me then I would have done what needed to be done to defend myself and my fiancee at all costs. They found a knife in his right front pocket during the patdown before placing him in the patrol car.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Wow, Talk about freaky.
    One more BG off the streets (at least for a while), thanks to you.

Since your lady was working as a tech with this pharmacist, was there any history of him harassing her at work?

Also, being in SC myself, I'm curious. Where did this take place?

Well done,
    V

She definitely needs to get her CHL,I can picture many other scenarios happening,all bad.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Wow. That's crazy.

XD, what part of SC are you in?

Has he ever bothered her before? Sounds like you handeled it well. Glad it worked out....

Sounds like good use of your best weapon...your brain!

I know it would have been hard not to pull the trigger when the guy would not take his hands out...get your lady a gun!

Glad it worked out for the best.
    One man with a gun can control 100 without one.
    Vladimir Lenin

1. I am glad it worked out
    2. Tactical note- you say that you drew your garment back "brandishing" your weapon and ordered him to show you his hands from his pockets. From your post you had not yet presented your weapon. If had showed you his hands and it had a gun in it you would have been shot multiple times before you could have drawn yourself.

Good thing she had a cell phone too..
    " Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master." George Washington

Others have already mentioned not stopping until a PD station or PD car could have be contactec.
    That aside...sounds like you did well to me.

Hope this dirtbag gets a very long vacation.

Stay armed...be smart...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links