Stupid kids at Wal-Mart.

This is a discussion on Stupid kids at Wal-Mart. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now you know why we send CCW newbies to Wally World for their initiation!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid kids at Wal-Mart.

VIP Member
    Now you know why we send CCW newbies to Wally World for their initiation!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

2. Remove Ads

Your Wal-Mart sells handgun ammo????? Dang, My local ones(both regular and super Wal-Mart) only sell shotgun and rifle ammo. You wont find a box of .45 or 9mm.

Well, you're all gonna say I'd have over reacted because my response would have been LAY DOWN OR DIE at the top of my lungs gun in hand, if I saw a gun I'd be hitting COM. I get that it would be an over reaction UNLESS it was a gun shot. How would you know until you turned around? By than the second and third round could already be on their way. Just reading that has my blood pressure up. Not funny on any level.
    If my kids would have pulled something like that CPS would have had to be called because my foot would have had to be surgically removed from their rear
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Great heads-up. We should all remember to be alert to whats going on around us, we never know who may be watching the ammo counter at WM or elsewhere knowing that someone buying ammo may have a weapon on them, in their car... but for sure at home. A holdup and robbery or worse waiting to happen. Those punks most likely the next poster on Americas Most Wanted.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

I eyeball the dirt bags just like our scumbag prisoners like to eyeball new staff. My wife thinks I'm nuts and I look too mean. I'm not laying down for any dirtbag, and I keep seeing more of them up here.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Lighten up guys, they are kids.... I don't know about you... but I did some stupid things as a kid too. Smart-asses..... sure. Some "kids" bear keeping an eye on, and too many are using guns without any sense or consequence at all.... but we know how to spot em.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Lightn up guys, they are kids.... I don't know about you... but I did some stupid things as a kid too..
    Sure we did and we paid the price back than. None of those stupid things included randomly shooting people.

too many are using guns without any sense or consequence at all....
    That is the gist of most of the posts. That those [Edited] deserve a consequence

we know how to spot em.
    Would that be the ones dressed like thugs in the OP'? The ones dressed like gang bangers that had the sounds of gun shots coming from them? IMO not having your gun in hand following the sound of guns shots behind you is a very poor response. What if it was gun fire?

Definitely stand by my opinion that they deserved to be laying on the ground after staring down the business of a .45 soiling their pants in fear. As it is explained to them that they are 4.5 pounds of finger pressure AKA a knats fart away from dying. Fact is with so many coming back from war zones suffering from PTSD they need to understand that stupid games like that can be fatal.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; September 22nd, 2008 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Deleted a language workaround.

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I am not likely to draw my weapon for backfires and such, but I think that would have elicited a response. Most likely poo poo drawers for everyone involved, and hopefully no blood.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

My family and I hate going to Walmart, also. The only reason I go is for the ammo. Usually the cheapest around. Plenty of "gansta-lookin'
    " people at ours too. Of course, I usually feel pretty safe because they have a security guard driving around the parking lot in a pickup truck. Who would dare try anything with that scary guy around.

My family and I live out in the sticks, or cactus, in Arizona. Literally, we are 9 miles south, and 8 miles north respectively...right between two Wal Mart stores. The funny thing is...scumbags still seem to find even these two remote locations.

Most of the panhandling is "handled" by drunk indians from the reservation that is close by, but there are the usual mix of tweaker-types and wannabe gang bangers too.

I go NOWHERE unarmed. I spent too many years carrying a badge and gun not to go armed, and as retired LE with over 10 years honorable service, my permit says I can carry in all 50 states .

My wife and I have a 4 year old daughter. My wife is a corrections officer, and as such is also authorized to carry off duty with her badge and state ID. I also insisted she get a civvy CCW permit too. My family rule is this: Go nowhere unarmed and unprepared. Period.

As much as I don't like Wal Mart, it is one of our few close-by shopping choices.

Luckily, a nasty glare from me has worked to keep the drunks and punks away from my happy family unit.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryPower View Post
    So today I'm at Wal-Mart with my best friend (LEO) and his girlfriend and we are picking out ammo too buy before we hit the range. We are both packing, him one and me two. While we are telling the associate what we want two late teen males (one Hispanic, both wearing gangsta clothes. Yes, I'm profiling) and a teen girl mosey on over and look at us getting ammo. Then the main dude asks who has the guns, to which my friend says,"everybody should". Good answer if you ask me, doesn't give much info. So we finish getting the ammo and then shop for some food and make our way out.

Outside of the doors by the first row of parking spaces, the three stooges are. I already have my left hand around my PPS in my support side pocket (M&P is on other side 3:30) as I always do when walking through a parking lot. I think to myself that this is too "perfect" for a bad thing. I keep an eye on them as we walk past. Once past, there was a big BANG! It sounded just like a small caliber pistol. I did my best not to whirl around too quickly and kept the PPS just barely in the pocket. I see that the idiots are lighting fireworks! The main dude says to us as we walk away, "My uncle has lot's of guns". My friend was amused at my reaction.

What freaking idiots! Good way to get hurt.
    THOSE IDIOTS!

Great way to get yourself blown away

People like this sometimes make me feel ashamed to be young.. maybe I just have an old mind.

Administrator
    "I did my best not to whirl around too quickly and kept the PPS just barely in the pocket."

Next time try to whirl around as quickly as possible because it might not always be fireworks going bang.

Just a thought, maybe the setting off the fire cracker/s was an attempt to see who had the gun/guns on them. I believe they may have been baiting you and your friend to see who/and if they would draw. Good job on assessing the situation before drawing.

PM
    While Barbary maybe correct; I think the guns should have appeared followed by your friends shield and cuffs. Prone them and cuff 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Next time try to whirl around as quickly as possible because it might not always be fireworks going bang.
    EXACTLY +1 on that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links