Stupid kids at Wal-Mart.

This is a discussion on Stupid kids at Wal-Mart. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Believe me, my face was turned instantly, but the rest of my body was still mostly facing the other way....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stupid kids at Wal-Mart.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Believe me, my face was turned instantly, but the rest of my body was still mostly facing the other way.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

2. Remove Ads

I work at a Wallyworld. It's pretty shaddy at any given time. I work at night too so when I get off I'm always on the lookout on the way to the car. It sucks because I'm not allowed to bring my kahr in with me while I work.
    Kahr CW45
    Glock 19 OD

If Obama is the answer it was a dumb question.

It might be overreacting, but I am of the same opinion as LingRider on this one. I'd have turn and drawn looking for the one with the weapon while moving for cover. After the situation was established that it was maybe fireworks, then a call to 911 to report what happened and a description of the thugs and yourself, then sit and wait for them because technically you just brandished in the true sense of the law.

Hopefully the arriving LEOs will understand why and give you a pass. If not, it will be in interesting case in court. .25 - .32 cal, sounds just like a firecracker. Why risk it?
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    ... because technically you just brandished in the true sense of the law.
    In most every state, ONLY illegal attempts at intimidation are covered by any brandishing statutes. Responding to likely gunfire by drawing and seeking cover isn't that.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Stupid kids and Wal Mart just seem to go together don't they?
    Stupid and Wal-Mart go together, kids optional! I think they are so popular here in N.C. because there just isn't anyplace else for the stupid people to go!
    Last edited by Conan; October 1st, 2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: word left out
    I carry a gun because cops are too heavy!
    Take my advice, Don't take my advice!

It might be overreacting, but I am of the same opinion as LingRider on this one. I'd have turn and drawn looking for the one with the weapon while moving for cover. After the situation was established that it was maybe fireworks, then a call to 911 to report what happened and a description of the thugs and yourself, then sit and wait for them because technically you just brandished in the true sense of the law.

Hopefully the arriving LEOs will understand why and give you a pass. If not, it will be in interesting case in court. .25 - .32 cal, sounds just like a firecracker. Why risk it?
    I think yous last sentence says it best and why it would not be brandishing. Brandishing is unlawful display to intimidate. That is not what is going on. Drawing going for cover is a reasonable response to what a reasonable man consider not only a threat but an active effort to take your life. If it turned out to be nothing as it would have in this case the only reason to call LEO would be to CYA in case the dirt bags tried to make it something else
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    I think yous last sentence says it best and why it would not be brandishing. Brandishing is unlawful display to intimidate. That is not what is going on. Drawing going for cover is a reasonable response to what a reasonable man consider not only a threat but an active effort to take your life. If it turned out to be nothing as it would have in this case the only reason to call LEO would be to CYA in case the dirt bags tried to make it something else
    Exactly, and guess who is going to call whining like a little girl that some dirtbag pulled a gun on us in the parking lot, when we were just minding our own business drinking our Slurpees.

It is going to turn into a "He said, She said". I just hope there are witnesses that will stick around.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Exactly, and guess who is going to call whining like a little girl that some dirtbag pulled a gun on us in the parking lot, when we were just minding our own business drinking our Slurpees.

It is going to turn into a "He said, She said". I just hope there are witnesses that will stick around.
    I agree you're right on the money. It was actually not until I was posting that I thought of that because my instinct is to have just left. No one hurt no shots fired But now think I would call too, to be sure my call is the first one they get. Would like to think that LE would be able to take one look at them and figure out who the idiot is. But than I'm told I often dress like a thug. So I guess I would need to depend on the officers ability to identify bull when he hears it. Still would not change my responce to hearing gun shot like sounds. Rather play he said she said than operation or funeral
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Stupid kids and Wal Mart just seem to go together don't they?
    Like PB & Jelly!
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

At our 24 hr. Wal-Mart, a female HS student was abducted from the parking lot around 11:00 PM. Her remains were found about 3 yrs. later in a shallow grave up in the mountains.

They did catch the guy, but not before he murdered two more women in the Reno, NV area. He's on Nevada's Death Row now.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

My wife was at Wal-Mart in Lake St. Louis today and there were some suspicious types making a lot of noise and acting stupid while she was in line to check out. She was glad that she was carrying. These idiots are all over the place...
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links