Threatened with knife - Page 3

Threatened with knife

This is a discussion on Threatened with knife within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jonesy_26 Everyone take a deep breath and remember what it was like to be that age again..............parties like that were FUN. Most ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Threatened with knife

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy_26 View Post
    Everyone take a deep breath and remember what it was like to be that age again..............parties like that were FUN. Most of us would have dropped everything to make that party, and would have enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. If you never partied as a college aged kid, you may have missed out on some good times.
    True.

But it doesn't make the situation less stupid.

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    If this guy do not seem to advance toward you just leave, no one else girlfriend is worth getting yourself hurt over or ou hurting him.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Everyone take a deep breath and remember what it was like to be that age again..............parties like that were FUN.
    "Take a deep breath," eh? A&B and threats of death are not fun, by any standard.

Only one gathering I ever attended resulted in a drunk/psycho attendee threatening to attack someone. He was 25yrs old. Had he committed the act, it would have been felony A&B, worthy of a stint in prison. It most definitely was not "fun." I never attended such a thing either before or since. Plenty of parties for folks, sure, but nothing where drinking and carousing was the centerpoint.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy_26 View Post
    Everyone take a deep breath and remember what it was like to be that age again..............parties like that were FUN. Most of us would have dropped everything to make that party, and would have enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. If you never partied as a college aged kid, you may have missed out on some good times. A few years into the "real" world working a career job cured me of most of that having to get up early every day. Having a family took care of what was left. But it was a fun time in my life.

Yeah scary things can happen, fights break out at events like these. What can you do at that age? Nothing really. Just be careful like Mom said. If a kid in that age group is mature enough to have a CCW, he's probably not going to be at that party anyways. Thinking about it, I don't know if I would have carried to a party like that regardless...alcohol and drugs and lots of people. Its a generator for bad situations. Taking a gun somewhere I know there is a high probability I may have to use it would not look good afterwords. I would go and enjoy myself as best as could be, or stay home.
    +1
    I remember these times; however it was a loooong time ago; drugs were not common in these gatherings and there were a few (more) adults keeping an eye.
    But you are right, it was fun ... at the time...
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links