Katrina: Would you surrender your guns?

This is a discussion on Katrina: Would you surrender your guns? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; nope. i would hope/expect that those enforcing the "law" would be consciences objectors to such orders....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Katrina: Would you surrender your guns?

nope.

i would hope/expect that those enforcing the "law" would be consciences objectors to such orders.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

2. Remove Ads

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimz13 View Post
    Suppose that day comes that we all fear.. when you have armed representatives of any the US govt in your front yard demanding your firearms, would you give them?

Further suppose that you were in the middle of a Katrina-equivalent event, having witnessed looting and numerous violent crimes within line of sight of your home.

Provacative Gunowners article
    The bottom line in an 'event' like Katrina is to survive. If an armed group of armed govt. agents (in any capicity) came for my guns.....I imagine I'd have little choice. I can't fight overwhelming forces with violence of action OR reason.

.......but I'd do what I could to survive. That's all I got to say 'bout that.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    i would hope/expect that those enforcing the "law" would be consciences objectors to such orders.
    Don't hold your breath.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I would but I lost all my guns in an unfortunate boating accident

There was a pretty long thread that involved the same subject. You might want to look over there at some of those answers...

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...hands-not.html
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    What guns?

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

If the authorities are knocking on my door, first off I would not let them in until they make their business known. If they are asking if I own any guns, I am assuming they have not run me and do not know if I have any or not. Just so they don't get suspicious, I would probably say, "Oh sure, I have my .22 from when I was a kid, you want that?". If they responded affirmatively, I would give them the .22 and say bye-bye. If they decided to search my house, then I would have to do what I could to try and prevent my guns and I from being separated. I'm sure it would result in my death, but at least I would remembered as a patriot. If they came knocking and saying our records check indicate you own guns , we need to confiscate them, I would say I sold them, if that did not work, then I would again try and prevent the separation between myself and my guns.
    "People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people".
    -- V for Vendetta

NRA Associate Member

bae
    I selected a place to live where it is exceedingly unlikely that "the authorities" will ever be on my doorstep.

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar
    In the event of a natural disaster and we haven't already fled home, We'd be dug in like ticks, since we live on 22 wooded acres, anyone seen from my house is on my property. As far out of town as we live, it would take a long time for any sweeps to reach us. It's easy to say I'd go down with guns blazing, their would surely be plenty hidden for the wife and son if something happens to me. They wouldn't just walk up and take them. Most likely "they" would be speaking to me from the lesser defensible side of a barricade. if they deem it worth it to take me by force, and fight up hill, well, that's their choice. You can bet it would all be on tape too. The next to last thing I want to do is to shoot an LEO or Soldier, the last thing I want, is to loose my family. I won't start it, and may not be able to end it on my own, they will have to fight for it.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Nope, and since the 4473's simply stay in the sellers file there is no reason that they would know that I have any firearms.

If it got to the point they were going house to house, the truck and the Jeep with trailer would be loaded up with necessary items, and I would be out in the woods being very quiet behind the locked gate.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I do find it kind of funny to hear so many people with the same "the authorities can take my guns from my cold dead hands" because they very much WILL do that and then move on without a second thought.

Administrator
    I want to know who is going to get the job of going door to door.
    "Just blame Sixto"

BAC
    Why, SIXTO, who do you think?

I dunno, my state's got a provision to keep exactly this from happening, but even if they did the cops'll be as enthusiastic about doing it as a gun owner would be about giving any up. In fact, I'm pretty sure the most common conversation would be something like:

"Got any guns?"

"Nope, sorry."

"Great. Stay safe, sir/ma'am."

-B

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Why, SIXTO, who do you think?

I dunno, my state's got a provision to keep exactly this from happening, but even if they did the cops'll be as enthusiastic about doing it as a gun owner would be about giving any up. In fact, I'm pretty sure the most common conversation would be something like:

"Got any guns?"

"Nope, sorry."

"Great. Stay safe, sir/ma'am."

-B

I have no idea who, unless its an outside blue helmeted force. There is no way I'd do it, and I dont know any American who would.
    "Just blame Sixto"

My guess is after the first house that refused or put up a fight, the numbers of folks who be ready for the door to door duty would be very limited. Can't see many people ready to do a whole day of banging through doors and getting shot at or such.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links