Katrina: Would you surrender your guns? - Page 4

Katrina: Would you surrender your guns?

This is a discussion on Katrina: Would you surrender your guns? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "sorry, i was granted custody of these guns. it's right here in the 2nd amendment"...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Katrina: Would you surrender your guns?

"sorry, i was granted custody of these guns. it's right here in the 2nd amendment"
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I'd love to say that I wouldn't give them up, but I've seen (as many of you have) the documentary about the folks having their guns taken by armed guardsmen after Katrina. After that happened, I've built in several locations that are absolutely invisible to anyone searching my home, so yeah, I'd give them my hunting shottie, maybe my TC Muzzleloader, MAYBE even produce a pistol (like that piece of crap .22 H&R I have somewhere in the closet). The rest (which, if you're reading this AFTER the incident in question has ensued, have all been sold or lost) will not be seen by anyone until their services are required. Then God help us all.

No way, no how.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

I'm with Ram Rod on this one. Besides, as other posters have opined, i'm gonna be long gone.

God help anyone who tries to stop me.......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

So if you won't give them up,Would you hide them? How? Have any of you given that a thought? One cannot give up what you don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    So if you won't give them up,Would you hide them? How? Have any of you given that a thought?
    Sure.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimz13 View Post
    It's easy to say "i'd be remembered a patriot... " but would you? The way the media does their perverse dance you'd wind up just being another 11:00 special about a crazy man killed by police after an X-hour standoff...

Food for thought...
    History is written by the winners.

We saw in Katrina that when SHTF, the Bill of Rights goes out the window. LEOs from different jurisdictions were not only enforcing an illgal order but destroying & stealing property. On a good note US Armed forces showed proper respect for the civilians they came to protect.

A localized event like a hurricane aftermath and the violation of civil rights will be ignored by the press unless there is a body count that outshines the other stories. If there is an incident where citizens shoot and kill Police Officers violating the law under the color of office, rest assured that the citizens will be made guilty by the Media and the White Shirts will send more officers, heavily armed to "deal with the situation" unless the citizens have an independent outlet to make their case.

As for the original question of the thread... "Guns sir? Only this old thing, You can have it! Anymore? No sir, the economy is so bad I had to sell the rest. Paperwork? darn it, it was lost in the hurricane. It might be somewhere in Orlando by now. "

Where would I hide them? That is for me to know and you to ignore.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    . . . I have a $60 bb gun to throw that dog a bone...assuming I answer the door.- Janq
    This topic was covered in the recent issue of the American Rifleman. At the commencement of the revolutionary war the British were demanding the surrender of all firearms from all citizens in a certain community. As a carrot the British general made certain promises which were not kept. Although many firearms were turned in, the author of the article suspected that most of the firearms that turned over to the British were junk guns, and that the good ones were retained by the citizens.

VIP Member
    Hummm...

"Gosh guys, your too late! I sold all of my guns to pay the mortgage"!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Nope, Without heavy artillery and combat troops they would never get far enough up our road to get them. We have more than a few red necks that live up this up this dirt road of ours.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    First I'd lie and say I own no guns. If they ran a check, they would only find my pistols, and none of my rifles. I'd end up keeping the rifles and demanding a reciept and reimbursment for the pistols. I wouldn't win a standoff with police or military. I'm not even sure that's what I'd actually do though. Martial law is a confusing subject for me. I know if the government tried to take my guns in a normal situation, I'd be going down guns blazing...so when do we draw the line of when we decide not to let our constitutional rights be violated?
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Guns? Me? No sir, I use to own a few but Sarah Brady helped me see the light and I sold them all a long time ago. I'm soooooo glad you folks are taking care of this evil, nasty stuff - it's about time! I'd offer you boys some hot coffee but there's no power/clean water/etc. You guys be careful out there now, those gun owners are crazy! Have a nice day now ... buh-bye! ....
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Hummm...

"Gosh guys, your too late! I sold all of my guns to pay the mortgage"!
    +1 to that!

"I sold ALL my guns to some guy at a gunshow who paid top dollar for them. Didn't get any info on him though..."
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    nope, without heavy artillery and combat troops they would never get far enough up our road to get them. We have more than a few red necks that live up this up this dirt road of ours.
    +1 nope!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Exclamation The point

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    ...so when do we draw the line of when we decide not to let our constitutional rights be violated?
    That, sir, is the heart of the issue. This is what I have been waiting for someone to ask for the last 6 pages.

WHEN DO WE DRAW THE LINE?

At what point is it necessary take all measure up to and INCLUDING a full-out '6 O'clock special' standoff with the police?

How far are you willing to be pushed before you fight back?
    We have fairly clearly defined the line that an assailant must cross before we draw and fire. Why have we not done the same for our government?

This is not a call to revolution, it is a call to contemplation - Think about it!
    I we are not prepared to act, we will become another UK, staring at our empty holsters wondering how did this happen?

DON'T BE A VICTIM.
    DON'T BE A VICTIM.
    DON'T BE A VICTIM.

DRAW THE LINE.
    PLAN AHEAD.
    We are only as vulnerable as we are naive.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links