Katrina: Would you surrender your guns? - Page 5

Katrina: Would you surrender your guns?

This is a discussion on Katrina: Would you surrender your guns? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; WHEN DO WE DRAW THE LINE? Nov 4th. If Obama and/or his type get, or keep power, we are continuing toward another UK, or Australia. ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Katrina: Would you surrender your guns?

WHEN DO WE DRAW THE LINE?

Nov 4th.

If Obama and/or his type get, or keep power, we are continuing toward another UK, or Australia.

I don't recall the details, but as I read some of the posts, I remember hearing or reading something about some kind of agreement, (or plan to) between the U.S. and Canada, to share military resources in the event of an emergency like Katrina. It could be Canadian troupes knocking on your door. (What 2nd Amendment Sir? I'm Canadian. I didn't swear to uphold your constitution. )

Otherwise, my answer is? "What Guns?"
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

I remember a response to a similar thread on another gun board: "Sure, I'll gladly give them my guns. But first I'd like to give them my bullets."

They would either have to be going door to door, or they whould have had access to some sort of record kept in violation of the law. If they are just doing a sweep of neighborhoods, how many of your neighbors know you have guns and would they give you up if asked if they knew anyone that had guns?
    Another reason to not let anyone know about your guns unless you can trust them with your life.

Another thing, it is easy to say that you would resist, but when it comes right down to it , can you? Will you really? Brovado is fine but when pressed? Waiting till it happens is to late to start planning. Have you really thought it through? Do you have a hiding place picked out?

To go door to door in every comunity would be lagistically impossible, so if they come to your place they already will know that you either have guns or did have. This means that they have access to info that was saved somewhere or someone gave you up. Not to sound to paranoid but you really should have them ready to hide at a moments notice. Should confiscation become the norm then martial law will probably have been declared and travel will have been restricted. Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    Brovado is fine but when pressed? Waiting till it happens is to late to start planning. Have you really thought it through? Do you have a hiding place picked out?
    Bravado doesn't work at the point of a gun, of course. Pre-planning is the only practicable solution.

Not to sound to paranoid but you really should have them ready to hide at a moments notice.
    That, or already have a couple (plus ammo) stashed.

... then martial law will probably have been declared and travel will have been restricted.
    Anticipating travel restrictions is part of the selection process for hidey-holes. They must be hidden, but they must be reasonably accessible even without a vehicle or multiple days of travel.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The law doesnt know what guns you do have. They only know you applied for X # of permits or you have CCW permit. To ease things maybe give up your worst weapon but as long as they arent all stashed in one spot, I wouldnt give up anymore than needed.

Quote Originally Posted by lock View Post
    The law doesnt know what guns you do have. They only know you applied for X # of permits or you have CCW permit. To ease things maybe give up your worst weapon but as long as they arent all stashed in one spot, I wouldnt give up anymore than needed.
    Depends on the state. On these boards we need to remember the laws of our state are not universal. That there is so much disparity in the law between states that what is perfectly legal in one state could be capitol murder in another.
    Also remember there is a record of every gun that is sold and who it is sold to. For any gun sold through a gun shop.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Somehow, this is the point of small government.
    If power is diffuse - in the hands of the citizenry, insted of concentrated in a few life long bureaucrats, the thought of gun confiscation would be a moot point. Especially the thought that guns need to be registered ought to send a chill down every honest citizen's spine.
    "Mr. X, it says right here you have 3 hand guns, cough them up or we put your family in jail till we get this matter settled..."
    It sounds funny, but many things I thought impossible in this country have come to pass, and I have stopped laughing...

The Katrina/Natural Disaster thing is very concerning to me.

I've been in hurricanes before and such. I understand the false logic behind getting rid of firearms. They're trying to prevent people from preying on others and taking their food/water to survive.

This is the same logic people use for banning guns, or no gun-zones. The only thing it creates is more people to be preyed upon.

Guys,
    If you think it can't happen just ask a few people from New Orleans, will it happen again, most like yes but only after ammunition, components, guns, licensing and fees make it so most are no longer armed. Make sure you and all you friends help get the right people in office, you vote is one of your most precious rights.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLFF View Post
    I understand the false logic behind getting rid of firearms.
    There is no logic in any gun grab, gun control measure. All those decisions are emotion based, not fact based. If any logic was used the same conclusion you had would be seen by everyone, That gun control, gun bans or grabs create unarmed defenseless human beings. Once the public figures out that feelings are not facts and makes fact based decisions we will be able to force the politicians stop infringing on our 2A rights.

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

how'd that old saying go....."from my cold dead hands!" yeah thats it, it would be a violent standoff before i give my weapons up, i dont care if they wanted my pellet rifle.
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Quote Originally Posted by GBS View Post
    It sounds funny, but many things I thought impossible in this country have come to pass, and I have stopped laughing...
    A fact that seems to become more terrifying with each passing day..
    We are only as vulnerable as we are naive.

Well to stay in a disaster situation was the first mistake to make. When an area comes under martial law your civil rights take a vacation.

I remember that during Katrina the guys on the streets were a large portion 82nd Airborne and they were supported with heavy hitters fome the ICE special response teams. At the time the Army fellows that i talked to had only been state side for two weeks, prior to be given the security assignment for the disaster area. Resistance was futal.

Leave the situation prior to a problem is the best tactical decision. You will be facing superior firepower. Leave first.
    " We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    -- George Orwell

Yeah, that's all fine and good ... except that lots of those Katrina folks had no way to leave. If you have no private transportation and public transportation has either failed or is unavailable, what do you do then? Sometimes there's no choice BUT to dig in and if you find yourself in that situation, you do the best you can with what you've got.

Considering the reports of roving gangs of thugs who were kicking in doors and taking whatever they wanted, hell no I wouldn't give up my guns. The uniforms may come by and demand your guns during the day but will they be there after dark to protect you? ... didn't think so.

I will protect my family from whomever would do them harm, whether that be strong arm thugs or government officials who mean to leave us helpless in their midst.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by detacbob View Post
    Well to stay in a disaster situation was the first mistake to make.
    Choosing to stay to protect your home in a personal choice. There is nothing wrong with anyone who opts to depend on themselves and not rely on the government handouts or charity. Damn shame we now have to defend NOT being on the dole. As if there is something wrong with being self reliant and not dependent on the nanny state

When an area comes under martial law your civil rights take a vacation.
    Since congress has passed laws that forbid taking arms from citizens during a disaster. Any attempt by the state to do so is illegal and unconstitutional. Yes there are many immoral unconstitutional laws that I tolerate and abide by rather than pay the price for violating them. But, when violations of the law and Constitution jeopardize the well being of my family my life and my property, than its time to resist.

I remember that during Katrina the guys on the streets were a large portion 82nd Airborne and they were supported with heavy hitters fome the ICE special response teams. At the time the Army fellows that i talked to had only been state side for two weeks, prior to be given the security assignment for the disaster area.
    My hope is that our soldiers are better men than those who became good Nazis. That they would refuse to take up arms against their fellow citizens. When our soldiers come to a place that they can not distinguish between their fellow citizens and foreign terrorists or enemy combatants, willing to violate the oath they swore to uphold. Than they are lost. No longer legitimate members of the United States Army, defenders of the Constitution or the People. Traitors. Worst the Bin Laden. I have no problem taking up arms against Bin Laden or traitors.

Resistance was futal.
    Resistance of a free people defending their liberty is never futile. No army will ever defeat a people defending their homeland, short of using nukes and total extermination.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links