My Fiances SHTF Situation Tonight - Page 2

My Fiances SHTF Situation Tonight

This is a discussion on My Fiances SHTF Situation Tonight within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Jaystekan . Would have been better for the dispatcher to have a patrol car meet her in the local walmart parking lot, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Fiances SHTF Situation Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Jaystekan View Post
    . Would have been better for the dispatcher to have a patrol car meet her in the local walmart parking lot, or somewhere where the bad guy would not be expecting her to pull up next to a patrol car. Surprise the bad guy, may have saved the police a trip to his parents house. They could have surprised him right there and resolved the situation. Not her fault, she was just following instructions, I just think that would have been a wiser decision on the part of the dispatcher.
    BAD IDEA That might help catch the BG but depending on the situation that could lead to more time with her driving as the BG follows. And could in theory give him the moment he was looking for before she gets there. And a police station is always going to be safer then one patrol car in a parking lot. The only way this a good idea is if a Patrol unit is wayyyyy closer then the station Good for catching the bad guy, but who wants to use a loved one as bait.....

She did very well indeed. Tell her everyone thinks so and giver her an extra hug. Heck call her dad and tell him how smart his daughter is.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

She did a great job...maybe heading to the Police or Fire station would have been a better move than a parking lot...but good on her!
    Brad B.

great job !
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FISTER View Post
    BAD IDEA That might help catch the BG but depending on the situation that could lead to more time with her driving as the BG follows. And could in theory give him the moment he was looking for before she gets there. And a police station is always going to be safer then one patrol car in a parking lot. The only way this a good idea is if a Patrol unit is wayyyyy closer then the station Good for catching the bad guy, but who wants to use a loved one as bait.....
    I agree...going into a parking lot except at a Police or Fire Station could result in one being boxed in or stopped due to traffic. As long as he/she is in a moving car...the better.

Rick

First take the girl out for something better than pizza for doing the smart thing. I have preached to the wife a 1/2 dozen times get the plate number first finally sunk in.

I have never understood the "drive to the station" thing.

Durr if the person following you sees where you are going they are going to stop following you.. good thing BUT they are not going to get cought in the act.

To me I can see why they want keep you on the phone and tell you to drive to a lacation where an officer or two is waiting.
    You know "im in the blue chevy with a baby on board sticker and XXX-XXXX license plate". And have you drive threw a intersection or something where the officer can be looking for you and the suspect following you, and turn in behind the suspect.

Makes more since to me

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernZ71 View Post
    I have never understood the "drive to the station" thing.

Durr if the person following you sees where you are going they are going to stop following you.. good thing BUT they are not going to get cought in the act.

To me I can see why they want keep you on the phone and tell you to drive to a lacation where an officer or two is waiting.
    You know "im in the blue chevy with a baby on board sticker and XXX-XXXX license plate". And have you drive threw a intersection or something where the officer can be looking for you and the suspect following you, and turn in behind the suspect.

Makes more since to me
    1.Following someone isnt really illegal , it shows intent if a crime where to come next. But, if the bad guy doesnt have anything against the law in his possession , no warrants , ect. What can the police really do? At the most a "talking to" ?
    2.Going to a public store makes it just that much more easier for the guy to say he was just going to that store.

The priority for loved ones in this situation should be to get somewhere safe , not help catch the bad guy.

She did everything correct...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by FISTER View Post
    1.Following someone isnt really illegal , it shows intent if a crime where to come next. But, if the bad guy doesnt have anything against the law in his possession , no warrants , ect. What can the police really do? At the most a "talking to" ?
    2.Going to a public store makes it just that much more easier for the guy to say he was just going to that store.

The priority for loved ones in this situation should be to get somewhere safe , not help catch the bad guy.

Yea I realize both of your points but thats what im saying is to getting to a safe location.
    If the police are able to "catch" them in the "act" .. a "routine" traffic stop would be a great way for you or your loved one to get to safety.
    ie they are held up by police for a period of time even if nothing but a warning or whatnot.

where IMO going to the safe location of a Sheriffs office allows them the option of going where they want because they broke there chase themselves. and could EASILY watch at a distance and return chase later at a greater distance once the person now "feels" safe b/c they have made contact with a LEO.

I dont know, Just makes perfect since to me.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    She did very well.
    +1. Buy her something nice ( like a glock ) as a reward. Nuff said.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    thanks guys/gals for the words, ya I am taking her to a nice dinner for doing an excellent job with all of this. But as of now I am trying to get her comfortable with her car again she doesnt want to drive it in fear he is going to come back. I am trying to get her to go shooting with me more and she says she wants to learn so now we just have to go...
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

VIP Member
    Maybe you could swap cars with her for a week or two.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

VIP Member
    Smart lady you have there!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by rangerman2003 View Post
    How do you all think she did?
    Similar story on the tube today. Except it was some one the lady knew a handy man turned stalker. I just got part of it sure someone knows the full story and details. Anyway, he was following her too. She called 911 and drove to the cop shop, the gates were locked. She tried to run into the shop and did not make it he killed her right outside of the cop shop.
    Your lady did the right thing, just as the lady in the story did. Your lady was lucky the other lady mother of three was not. Hope your lady now knows she NEEDS a gun and carries it everywhere 24/7 365. The next lesson may not be as easy to walk away from.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links