My Fiances SHTF Situation Tonight

This is a discussion on My Fiances SHTF Situation Tonight within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I get a call at work tonight from my Fiance saying that she had just been talking to the police. So I was like ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Fiances SHTF Situation Tonight

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar

My Fiances SHTF Situation Tonight

So I get a call at work tonight from my Fiance saying that she had just been talking to the police.

So I was like "OK babe I give why were you talking with the police" thinking it was a joke or she had been pulled over.

She responded with " Tonight when I was going to bring up some lunch to you I had a guy cut me off on the expressway"

I said "ok babe continue"

Then I hear what I dreaded to hear "well after he cut me off he changed lanes and got behind me, he followed me everywhere, I could not get rid of him. I went and pulled into the pizza place but I noticed he followed me so I didnt get out I just left the parking lot and called the police"

I said "so what happend next babe are you alright"

She responded "They told me to come by the police station and pull in the parking lot and they would have an officer there waiting for me"

So once she got to the parking lot of the police station on of the officers tried to find him but they couldnt. My Fiance had gotten an accurate description of the car including a couple distinct features plus the plate number. So the cops ran it and got the address of his parents house where they went to talk with him but he wasnt home. His mother gave the officer his cell phone were he then called and talked to this kid.

As of now this is all we know, the cop said that he doesnt believe the kid will be back again as he feels his is scared now that the police are involved but what do you all think? I feel she handled it extremely well and I am glad all the talks we have had really came into action tonight. Now if I could just get her to think more seriously about protection. Her pepper spray just doesnt seem enough now...

How do you all think she did?
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

2. Remove Ads

she did the best thing she could have done. Even if she was packin.

Glad she is safe...Smart thing to do.
    I live in Miami and have seen some crazy people get the road rage. I changed lanes on the highway and had a guy 200 yards back start flashing his lights and start tailgating me. I'm in a Jeep Wrangler and just trying to pass a truck. Since I couldn't get out of this guys way, he pulls into the emergency lane next to me, and starts trying to push me into the 18 wheeler. So I waited for him to swerve again and slammed on my brakes (no one behind me), the idiot over corrected, almost hit the wall and the truck and sped up. I changed lanes, got my phone ready to call 911 about it and over at the next exit was a Highway Patrol, so I rolled in behind him and waited for him to see me, he flagged me over and I explained what happened and gave a detailed description of the car and driver with the license plate. As soon as I finished telling him, he pointed out a car stopped at the beginning of the off ramp. Sure enough, the idiot was waiting for me. LEO drove up there and the guy sped off.

Road rage sucks and she did the right thing... did you ever get the pizza?

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    No I left work to be with her as she was completely tore up and terrified. So I got a bowl of Mac N Cheese
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

Nice to hear she kept moving.
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

Administrator
    She did very well.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by rangerman2003 View Post
    "so I didnt get out I just left the parking lot and called the police"
    She responded "They told me to come by the police station and pull in the parking lot and they would have an officer there waiting for me"

So once she got to the parking lot of the police station on of the officers tried to find him but they couldnt. My Fiance had gotten an accurate description of the car including a couple distinct features plus the plate number.
    How do you all think she did?
    Swish! Perfect score! Seriously, textbook. Couldn't have done better.

(unless she knew he was there when she stopped)

-john

She did good!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

She did great. Glad it worked out.

My wife was followed once when she was headed home from dropping me at work. She started to go to the police station when a cruser actually passed her by. The dude in the truck took off. She was smart enough not to lead him home.
    'The assailant chooses the time, location and method of attack.

Since they are unlikely to let you know ahead of time when, where and how violent they're going to be, you should always be prepared.' - matiki

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Great SA and presence of mind under pressure. By the way, how many "fiances" do you have???

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    She did a great Idea
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Senior Moderator
    She did great and what she should have done even if she was carrying
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

She did exactly what she should have done. One suggestion though for next time, hopefully there won't be a next time. When the police ask you to drive to the police station, and there will be an officer there, she should have asked for a patrol car to meet her in a store parking lot somewhere. What good does it to have a police officer waiting in the police station parking lot? Unless this guy has absolutely no clue what is going on, I highly doubt that a bad-guy who had any sense about him would actually follow her into the police station parking lot. Would have been better for the dispatcher to have a patrol car meet her in the local walmart parking lot, or somewhere where the bad guy would not be expecting her to pull up next to a patrol car. Surprise the bad guy, may have saved the police a trip to his parents house. They could have surprised him right there and resolved the situation. Not her fault, she was just following instructions, I just think that would have been a wiser decision on the part of the dispatcher.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

VIP Member
    Can't find fault with any of her actions. Text book example of what to doin that situation. Now you need to impress on her that she needs to carry. Her cell phone may not always be available for her to call the police, ie. she forgets it, the battery is dead, no cell coverage.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

She did the right thing, glad to hear she is safe.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links