"Father, Son Tag-Team Armed Robbers"

This is a discussion on "Father, Son Tag-Team Armed Robbers" within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As reported today via NewsNet5.com (Ohio): Father, Son Tag-Team Armed Robbers Ambulance Called To Take Suspect Away POSTED: 1:58 pm EST December 18, 2005 UPDATED: ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Bud White
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: "Father, Son Tag-Team Armed Robbers"

Thumbs up "Father, Son Tag-Team Armed Robbers"

As reported today via NewsNet5.com (Ohio):

Father, Son Tag-Team Armed Robbers
    Ambulance Called To Take Suspect Away

POSTED: 1:58 pm EST December 18, 2005
    UPDATED: 2:11 pm EST December 18, 2005

MILWAUKEE -- A Milwaukee father and son said they thought it was a joke when two men with guns entered their home on Friday night.

But once guns were at their heads, they fought back, reported WISN-TV.

Police said two armed men walked up the stairs, knocked on the door and planned to rob the home of Alfredo Hernandez and his son.

"I saw the pistol ... to my son's head," Hernandez said. "If they were going to shoot anybody, they were going to shoot me."

While one of the men attempted to make off with his son's recording equipment, Hernandez said he wrestled the other man to get the gun away from his son's head.

Hernandez's son also didn't give into the robbery.

"He clenched onto my arm and I just kept punching him till finally I ripped my arm out," said the son, who didn't want his name publicized. "Then we got him down, then I kicked him a couple times."

The man who nabbed the valuables was able to get away, while Hernandez sat on the other robber, trapping him.

By the time police arrived on the scene, Hernandez told WISN-TV, they had injured the man so badly that an ambulance had to come to the home.

Hernandez said he stabbed the man three times in the leg with a cheese knife and his son hit the man in the head with a snow shovel, which authorities took for evidence.

According to Hernandez, the man was screaming for help, begging not be arrested by police.

Hernandez also said the crooks pointed the loaded guns at his daughter and his 3-year-old granddaughter.

With his family in peril, Hernandez said he did what he had to do.

"Oh yeah, I messed him up," Hernandez said. "He came in walking and left in a stretcher."

Hernandez said his favorite movie is "Scarface."

The story can be found at http://www.newsnet5.com/news/5569327...p=nationalnews

Lessons learned/confirmed: As always everything and anything is a weapon be it a cheese knife, snow shovel or simply one's own seated ass. And it pays to fight like an animal than to be shot like one.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

Kudos to them for fighting back i only have to questions about this

What does guys fav movie have to do with anything remotely in this article

And who keeps a snow shovel inside
    Brad426 and pittypat21 like this.

VIP Member
    "Oh yeah, I messed him up," Hernandez said. "He came in walking and left in a stretcher."
    Hernandez said his favorite movie is "Scarface."
    I see a lawsuit coming.... BG is gonna clean them out in court.

Why do people insist in talking to reporters after an event like that?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Assistant Administrator
    his son hit the man in the head with a snow shovel
    Ouch! Well at least they came out of it alive and sounds like these BG's were not the sort to go in shooting - as they easily could have been - different outcome then probably.

Yes - pretty crass to make stupid statements to the press after the event.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I'd like to know what happened to the guns during all this WWE SMACKDOWN stuff? I mean someone had to have the guns and if either son or father got it away from the BG, what didn't they just hold him up with it instead of bong him with a shovel? And if the BG that got away with the gun had it, why didn't he get his accomplis out from the tyrrany of the cheese knife?

Something smells weirded here, could be the mix of driveway salt, cheese and blood - but I doubt it......
    S&W 5906
    si vis pacem, para bellum

protego communis bona

VIP Member
    Yep, Mr. H is probably going to be a very poor man soon. This was Wisconsin. Agreed on why would anyone talk to a reporter after something like this. Nope. My lawyer will issue a statement.

BTW I do keep a snow shovel inside the door. Steel shovel head on a hickory handle.

-Scott-

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    BTW I do keep a snow shovel inside the door. Steel shovel head on a hickory handle.
    I like the idea of using it for home defense - concealing those shovels is really rough.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

I'm ignorant WRT WI laws concerning a situation like this..... these BG's, who entered their home, stealing their property all the while holding a gun to the heads of the son, grand-daughter, etc., are going to have a case to sue....... ?!?

I completly agree the homeowner and his son needed to keep thier traps shut! We've discussed that here many times and the conclusion is almost always the same..... just shut up, tell the police just what happened and lawer up.... and NO press!

As for how the father-son team did, holding a gun to his sons head and taking the action he did can be questioned, but they came out ahead. Bravo Zulu on tearing that home-invader to shreads.

A cheese knife...? Well, it IS Wisconson........
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

See, what happened was the reporter left out a word: I kicked him a couple [dozen] times. Really don't see what they did wrong, "he kept struggling, we kept beating him"

Holy thread revival Batman,looks like this happened almost 7 years ago,laws were a lot different
    goldshellback likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Holy thread revival Batman,looks like this happened almost 7 years ago,laws were a lot different
    I know, I started to welcome Janq back, until I noticed the date on the thread. He's been gone for over a year.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

So long as the thread still has some relevancy I see no problem with new input on it. Would we rather open a new thread on the same subject?

I do have to admit that when I noticed that Jang's name was at the top I was very happy to seen his return. Then I noticed the date and it was a big letdown.

Michael

Links