Back Yard Bang - Page 3

Back Yard Bang

This is a discussion on Back Yard Bang within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by henryher I had to shoot my gun in the air a couple of times to get his attention in between shots and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Back Yard Bang

Quote Originally Posted by henryher View Post
    I had to shoot my gun in the air a couple of times to get his attention in between shots and then yell at him for being such an idiot.

I know, shooting my gun in the air was a stupid thing for me to do also. But I couldn't get his attention and my grandbabies were in my house. I moved them all to the opposite side of the house. Calling the sheriff would do no good since it would take about a half hour to get them there. My other neighbor was upset with this guy too and we both were yelling at him.
    "Government is not reason and it is not eloquence. It is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action."

George Washington

I understand that not everyone has the .22LR option open to them, but I've never understood the whole large-caliber-shoot-in-a-neighborhood thing, even for dangerous varmint.

Get your 22, get some of those sweet little powder less cartridges, and take care of the problem without anyone so much as noticing the little *pop*....

Gun shots are regular occurances to me too. If its within a block, I usually call my neighbor to make sure they are fine (if they don't call first). Calling the cops is useless if you don't exactly know where it came from. It can be hard to tell the direction of a gunshot, so unless I see the muzzle flash, I just go about my business.

In your particular case: I hope your neighbor was aware of what was beyond his target. I would rather have him use shot shells in a revolver if there are other houses close by.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Oh no, folks around here will use what ever caliber for snakes and varmint. But the guns going off around here is mainly target practice in the backyards or hunting. I have a small range set up in my backyard for practicing. I do go to a local range also but mostly I practice in my own backyard. I have it set up where there is at least 1000 acres between me and the nearest house. The back of my property abuts a pine plantation that is several thousand acress. I also shoot from a four foot deck down to the targets so the trajectory will carry it to the ground and not travel far beyond the target. I also have mounds behind the target area to stop any bullets that go that way. This young guy had his target set where the bullets would travel accross his front yard in an angle across my driveway and through the woods to my house. My other neighbor was also in the general direction of fire which is why he also came out to scream at the guy.
    "Government is not reason and it is not eloquence. It is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action."

George Washington

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links