UGLY: 16yo girl beaten by line-cutter.

This is a discussion on UGLY: 16yo girl beaten by line-cutter. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://cbs2.com/local/Line.Cutter.Mc....2.829820.html Girl Beaten By Man Who Cut In Line At McDonald's LOS ANGELES (AP) ― Los Angeles police are looking for a man who beat ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UGLY: 16yo girl beaten by line-cutter.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar

http://cbs2.com/local/Line.Cutter.Mc....2.829820.html
    Girl Beaten By Man Who Cut In Line At McDonald's
    LOS ANGELES (AP) ― Los Angeles police are looking for a man who beat up a 16-year-old girl at a McDonald's counter after she complained about him cutting in line.

Police announced their investigation Tuesday night and posted surveillance video online.

Police say the girl, her 5-year-old niece and a friend were standing in line on Sept. 14 at the McDonald's in South Los Angeles. The suspect and two young boys then approached the counter when the 16-year-old started arguing with the man over who was first in line.

Police say the girl swore at the man, who then got angry and punched her in the face several times.

The suspect left with the boys in a red pickup truck.

The teenager was treated for her injuries at a hospital and released.

Video: YouTube - Man Punches Female Teen In McDonalds Restaurant

Now, what would you have done if you were in the back of the line?
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Pretty screwed up situation all around - the attacker was a jerk to "cut" in line and then get violent, for sure, but wouldn't you agree that the girl could have handled it better? A little patience and forgiveness on her part would have avoided the whole situation, regardless of who was in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryPower View Post
    Now, what would you have done if you were in the back of the line?
    Move to a location behind cover, where I could see the doors and the action.

Get 911 on the phone as quickly as possible and explain the situation and give a detailed description of the attacker and victim(s).

I would draw only if it appeared someone was in *grave* danger.
    I'm a nice guy but I'm not willing to risk jail and/or tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees for defending a random stranger.
    However, if it appeared that the attacker was going to do more than just "rough her up a bit", I'd have to seriously consider drawing and ordering him to the ground.

Just my two cents.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

Makes you wish the grey area wasn't so grey, so we could at least detain a perp we had just witnessed commiting a crime, using our weapon. But I guess that would make all of us LEO? I've heard of citizens arrest but with a weapon out for a non-lethal crime your right you probably would incur a lot of legal fees and probably have your permit suspended/revoked.

[quote]Pretty screwed up situation all around - the attacker was a jerk to "cut" in line and then get violent, for sure, but wouldn't you agree that the girl could have handled it better? A little patience and forgiveness on her part would have avoided the whole situation, regardless of who was in the wrong.

Well, you see......some folks in this world are tired of getting walked on and pushed aside when they are in the right. Maybe she should have explained things more clearly and without words like a swift kick to the shins of this jerk?
    Hard to say exactly what I would do other than dial 911. Should I attempt to block an exit? I'd definitely get a good vehicle description and tag number though.

nothing, well maybe call 911....

In South Carolina you are permitted to go to the aid of a citizen in distress, however, if after the fact it is discovered that the person you were defending instigated the situation, you are screwed....

Whether or not she was 16 has no bearing. Hell, lots of 16 year old girls look 26 now a days. She shot off her mouth and started the situation. Gambled and lost as it were...

I carry a handgun to defend me and my family. I have no connection to the random stranger and feel no need to be a vigilante for what I think is right... If that were the case I would be a cop.
    All that said, I hope the police find this twerp and throw the book at him.

What we don't know is what the girl said to the guy. Granted he was wrong in what he did, but did she say something to push him over the edge?

Me in that situation, not my problem until it becomes my problem.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Just to fuel the fire, answer this question in addition: what if he kept on beating her? I mean like beating her like a man with nothing to lose. It is obvious that she is taking blows that can seriously injure or kill her.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

TOF
    Where was the Staff in this situation. The Order taker watched them walk in and should have offered to take the girls order before all the crap started.

Jerko certainly deserves a knot on his head. I see he didn't get to place his order which is the only good part of that mess.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

Those who would consider getting involved to the extent of drawing a weapon - don't forget the responsibility to retreat. I agree with Pete. Check my six and surrounding, look for some sort of cover and call 911. If the situation was escalated to the point where someone might be gravely injured or killed, then my decision might be different. Carrying a firearm precludes getting involved in third party altercations for the most part.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryPower View Post
    Just to fuel the fire, answer this question in addition: what if he kept on beating her? I mean like beating her like a man with nothing to lose. It is obvious that she is taking blows that can seriously injure or kill her.
    What if a frog had wings.....

It is still not my problem. The simple fact that I have a concealed weapon does not mean that I am somehow there to save the day from evil doers and protect the weak. I would imagine that no matter how one imagines the heroic drawing of thier weapon and ordering the "bad guy" to the ground...odds are it would not work out that way and could get really ugly, really fast. Not to mention, push comes to shove I really do not relish the idea of killing someone and unless you are messing with my family I am not going to go down that route.

About the best I would be willing to do is try to get the best description possible to give to the police.

How much you want to bet this young lady does not spout off to strangers anymore....

[QUOTE=TOF;865219]Where was the Staff in this situation. QUOTE]

I figure they feel that they fall into the "I am barely making above minimum and I am not getting involved anymore than I have to department"

This is a good example of being in the right, but letting it go...the girl should have kept her mouth shut.
    I would have gotten a description and a plate number...nothing more. I'm not a cop, the guy didn't produce a weapon, just a punch and then left. The girl was not going to die.
    Now if the perp had stabbed the girl or produced a weapon while I was standing there, then he was putting everyone including me into a potentially deadly position...that would change things...time to put the lights out. Outside of that, I mind my own business...and remain a good witness.

Stay armed...know when it's a real threat...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

[QUOTE=Ram Rod;865186]
    Pretty screwed up situation all around - the attacker was a jerk to "cut" in line and then get violent, for sure, but wouldn't you agree that the girl could have handled it better? A little patience and forgiveness on her part would have avoided the whole situation, regardless of who was in the wrong.

Well, you see......some folks in this world are tired of getting walked on and pushed aside when they are in the right. Maybe she should have explained things more clearly and without words like a swift kick to the shins of this jerk?
    Hard to say exactly what I would do other than dial 911. Should I attempt to block an exit? I'd definitely get a good vehicle description and tag number though.
    +1 yes, i would get the license plate number for sure,what a goon.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    Yes the Girl said the wrong thing. But, what a man to hit a Girl. I wonder will his Boys grow up and think it is ok to hit a Girl.
    He jumped the line, hit a Girl. I hope they catch him and lock him up. Let's hope his cell mate has a sixteen year old and is not happy with this guy.

if i understood it correctly in my ccdw class awhile back (here in KY), it was stated if "you" witness a violent attack(and are capable of saving a life/stopping a brutal beating), and do nothing that you can be held liable for certain things. yeah they may be a stranger, and yeah she may of shot her mouth off but she didnt deserve to be beaten. if thats how things were, then there would be alot of dead people in my town. In that situation i would have slammed the perp to the ground and give him a taste of his own medicine, and im about 100% sure that i would face absolutly ZERO legal problems. you cant just go around dishing out things like the aggressor did, and not expect for you to be handled the same way. just my 0.02
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links