Weird dream.

This is a discussion on Weird dream. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've had this dream twice (the first time was a while ago, and then again last night) and it's been almost exactly the same. This ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird dream.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar

Weird dream.

I've had this dream twice (the first time was a while ago, and then again last night) and it's been almost exactly the same. This is it as I remember: it is dark and I'm getting gas at a place I'm not familiar with and not in the best area of town. After filling up, I pull the car up to the station. The attendant speaks broken English (I must have went inside). As I'm in my car getting ready to leave, a battered work truck pulls up and blocks my car in, and a bunch of dirty workers get out and spread out around my car acting threatening, effectively cutting off any escape. The attendant joins them at this point and they are speaking Spanish (which I don't speak). I try to call the police, and in one dream my phone has no signal, and the second, I get through, but I don't know where I am, and they can't trace my phone. I am scared and uncertain on what to do, and am thinking that I should just sit there until they got tired and let me through (hey, I can't control the dream). We are at an impasse, if they make a move, I'll shoot, but I can't make a move. I don't feel that they have demonstrated enough force for me to shoot them either; I keep thinking that I will be seen as going on a shooting rampage targeting anybody that looks like a creep and then moving their truck to escape (again, this dream is weird and I claim no responsibility for it, LOL). That's about it, as then it woke me up.

Thoughts?
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

2. Remove Ads

Thoughts? Yes, you're eating too many late night wet burritos...

With a dream like that, my pillow would be full of holes.

Stay armed...press 2 for English...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Either a vision of the future or a secret fantasy you have. (Any trains going into tunnels in your dream? )

I would think through in your mind exactly how you would handle this just in case it is a vision.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I've had similar "scenario" dreams, I never have actually fired in any of them. Sometimes my gun jams, or I reach for the holster and its not there. I thought I was the only one who had these kind of dreams lol.

On another note, in REAL life, I get very uncomfortable when I'm around groups of spanish speaking people who talk quickly and keep looking at me, I feel blind because they could be blatently planning to assault/rob/rape/who knows me, and I wouldn't be the wiser until it was too late. I took 4 years of spanish in high school, but I usually can't get the jist of what they are saying because its too fast or the accent is heavy. Maybe its time for that language tool seen on those infomercials......or maybe I should just become a Border Patrol Agent?

B52
    The great thing about dreams is that you can shoot all perps in them and then wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    The great thing about dreams is that you can shoot all perps in them and then wake up.
    Except when I shoot someone in a dream the bullet usually has about 5 fps muzzle velocity. Out the end of the barrel and "plop" right on the ground.

(And Freud says this means . . . ??)
    Freedom ... must be fought for, protected, and handed on ... or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. -- Ronald Reagan, 1967

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead View Post
    Except when I shoot someone in a dream the bullet usually has about 5 fps muzzle velocity. Out the end of the barrel and "plop" right on the ground.
    I have the same kind of dream. Usually the bullet has barely enough force to leave the barrel and even though the safety is off, it is really hard to pull the trigger.

Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger, it does not move, does not move, does not move ...
    Barrel goes limp and hangs like an over cooked spaghetti ...
    Yes, the 5 fps projectile and the PLOP ...
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

I thought it was PRESS (1) for english

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    ...try the blue pill :)

You're in school and your dreaming of gas stations...yikes! :)

Rick

Distinguished Member Array PackerBackerToo's Avatar
    I shoot 'em in the chest and shoot 'em in the grape, but they never go down.

I'm yelling for my family to run, but they want to know, "Why? What's going on?" All I can do is try to draw fire.

I hate that dream.
    Last edited by PackerBackerToo; October 6th, 2008 at 03:15 PM. Reason: To complete the sentence.

Step on the gas!

People move out of the way of vehicles...usually.

If after taking the lil blue pill, your barrel experiences a stiffness of more than four hours, and your bullets are falling out the end, please contact your ammo dealer for a heavier grain bullet. :)
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Haha I've heard the same, that if you have dreams where your weapon is malf'ing or it's always too small/not powerful enough, you have ehh...some other lacking's, mentally or physically.

Cop trainer Dave Grossman says that all of these dreams with bad bullets or broken guns mean one thing: you need to get on the range and train more. He swears that as soon as you do, the dreams go away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links