Third party...crasher?

This is a discussion on Third party...crasher? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok this is a true story that happened to some coworkers about 15 years ago ( about 10 years before I worked with them). Here ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Third party...crasher?

VIP Member

Third party...crasher?

Ok this is a true story that happened to some coworkers about 15 years ago ( about 10 years before I worked with them). Here goes...

A VERY good looking lady left work in Leesburg VA to drive home (15N for those who know the area). Another coworker left just after her and had to drive the same two lane road home at shift change. About half way to the town (Fredneck) they both live in is a little country store and gas station. She stopped in for something and five minutes later so does he. As he's pulling into the gas station he see two "rough" looking guys pull up next to her vehicle (she is already in the store). One guy jumps out of their truck and hides in the back of her car. The other guy drives off and hides the still running truck a short distance away waiting to follow. Ok I'll stop here so I don't spoil the ending.

If you are worker # 2 what do you do?
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

2. Remove Ads

I wander in. Tell co-worker what is happening.

Unless she is willing to check it out to see if it is someone she knows who is merely playing a prank on her, call 911, and wait.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    I wander in. Tell co-worker what is happening.

Unless she is willing to check it out to see if it is someone she knows who is merely playing a prank on her, call 911, and wait.
    I think that is a good way to handle it. I'll add that I am staying with her the whole time, CCW or not.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Ok this is a true story that happened to some coworkers about 15 years ago ( about 10 years before I worked with them). Here goes...

A VERY good looking lady left work in Leesburg VA to drive home (15N for those who know the area). Another coworker left just after her and had to drive the same two lane road home at shift change. About half way to the town (Fredneck) they both live in is a little country store and gas station. She stopped in for something and five minutes later so does he. As he's pulling into the gas station he see two "rough" looking guys pull up next to her vehicle (she is already in the store). One guy jumps out of their truck and hides in the back of her car. The other guy drives off and hides the still running truck a short distance away waiting to follow. Ok I'll stop here so I don't spoil the ending.

I had a response all typed up, but deleted it as I want to see what others post in response. I'm really curious to see if other responses are similar to what I planned to post.

Biker

VIP Member
    By all means you have to prevent her from getting back in her car. Establish safety for everyone while notifying 911 and accumulating all helpful information for the leo to be able to catch one or both.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Drive up to the door of the shop, go in, tell the woman what I saw, advise the store manager to dial 911, and that she and I both walk out and to my car and get in swiftly without looking at her car (LOCK THE DOORS), and leave directly to head to a safe place of aid.
    There is a fire station along RT. 15 roughly a mile out from where the first gas station on 15 is located.

Oh and as this is in Frederick occurring on the MD side of 15 no firearms carry is lawful so that much is not in the equation.

- Janq would employ my friend Mr. Distance
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    15 year ago...I guess I would asked her if she has two rough looking friends. They more than likely saw driver #2 drive up...regardless, I would ask the store manager to lock the door and call 911...if it existed there15 years ago...or the police directly (I'm sure the store manager had it in speed dial).

Rick

Advise and call for assistance.

I would quickly pull next to her car with the passenger side of my car by executing a power slide, thus blocking exit from bad guy from that side of vehicle. Then quickly exit my vehicle and run around to the other side of her car with gun drawn and in a very loud voice say "get out of the car scumbag", then proceed to have him take a prone possition with his hands behind his back, while I am retrieving my CCW badge that is hanging around my neck inside of my shirt, so that I am not mistaken for a bad guy. Then call the police and have them finish the arrest.

Or maybe you could casually go into the store, let her know what is going on and have her leave with you while advising the store clerk to call the police. Once she is in the car with you, and your leaving call and give the police a good description yourself of the person in the back of her vehicle and the vehicle that is laying in wait.

Yea, ok, Janq came up with the better answer first, but mine sure makes for a better story and gives a much better mental action scene.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    I would quickly pull next to her car with the passenger side of my car by executing a power slide, thus blocking exit from bad guy from that side of vehicle. Then quickly exit my vehicle and run around to the other side of her car with gun drawn and in a very loud voice say "get out of the car scumbag", then proceed to have him take a prone possition with his hands behind his back, while I am retrieving my CCW badge that is hanging around my neck inside of my shirt, so that I am not mistaken for a bad guy. Then call the police and have them finish the arrest.

Or maybe you could casually go into the store, let her know what is going on and have her leave with you while advising the store clerk to call the police. Once she is in the car with you, and your leaving call and give the police a good description yourself of the person in the back of her vehicle and the vehicle that is laying in wait.

Yea, ok, Janq came up with the better answer first, but mine sure makes for a better story and gives a much better mental action scene.
    Yes sir, your first answer is just what I picture TJ Hooker doing.

Janq this was on the Nova side of the bridge about 4 miles South of the border.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Tell her what happened, call 911 and wait in the store. You are already in a defensible position...going out to your car is a really bad idea. You have no way to know if you have actually seen all of the BGs.

Hide in the back with hand on weapon until police arrive.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Go in the store, approach and advise the lady, ask store person to call 911 or I would call 911, recommend lady stay in store until police arrive, prepare to defend if necessary.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post

I would go into the store to notify the lady and have the police called. Dont think that I would take her out of the store though. I think it would be best to lock the doors, stay alert, and wait for the police to show up.

atctimmy when can we expect the rest of the story?

Sounds like good answers. Additionally, I would probably ask her to wait in the ladies room, or back in a storage area (if there were no other entrances around there). Keep her out of sight just in case the guy who went ahead comes back, or there are more around.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Park, go into the store and inform those inside of the what you saw...call 911...wait inside for cops to show up.
    I think the cops would show up on this one fairly quickly...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links