Would you help or would you stand there?

This is a discussion on Would you help or would you stand there? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Let say this scenario is playing out infront of you, cops have already been called what do you do in the mean time? what would ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Let say this scenario is playing out infront of you, cops have already been called what do you do in the mean time?

what would the LEO's on the forum advise us that are not LEO's?

YouTube - Cop VS. Crazed Criminal = Unbelievable Street Fight

Regards.
    Read my story.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ed-1994-a.html

Pictures in page 5 & 6

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    The right thing to do would be to assist the officer. Probably a good idea to ask if he would like some help, first, so he knows you're not another BG. If he says no, well, that's easy enough too.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    The right thing to do would be to assist the officer. Probably a good idea to ask if he would like some help, first, so he knows you're not another BG.
    As I was watching this, I thought the same thing, asking the officer if he needed help.
    Read my story.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ed-1994-a.html

Pictures in page 5 & 6

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    The right thing to do would be to assist the officer. Probably a good idea to ask if he would like some help, first, so he knows you're not another BG.
    In our State, if the Officer directs you (i.e. you ask and he says yes) then you've got their immunity.

Then it's on.

"Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I would help, drugged out BG's can be a handful. If he had grabbed the LEO's weapon I would have shot him. Real sad no one helped sooner.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

In a situation like this it's obvious who the players are. I'd ask the cop if he needed help and if he answered in the affirmative I'd help him cuff that bad boy up.

I would have to help. I'm not exactly sure how i would identify myself to the officer to show that I am not a bad guy, but I would have to do something.

I would not want to draw my weapon, nor would I want to get into a wrestling match while carrying, so I am not sure how to handle that part. I may just sit on the guy and let the cop cuff him. Or try to get him in a choke or something.
    I like my solvent and my lubricant for my guns to rhyme, so I use Gasoline and Vasoline.

From Pennsylvania? www.pafoa.org

I wish the video was straight forward, instead of replaying different scenes over, then maybe you could make some sense of how long the struggle really was.

I would ask the officer if he need assistance and then go from there.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Always ask the LEO guys, otherwise you might find yourself in a world of trouble!
    Y'all be safe now, ya hear!

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Pretty simple really, see if the cop needs assistance, if he does, help him. If not stand back and be a good witness.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I would HAVE to ask if the officer needed assistance, and if affirmative answer was given, then assist. I CANNOT believe the number of people that walked by and just looked and ignored. SAD!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I would be standing next to the officer on my cell with 911 yelling to dispatch Police officer needs back-up NOW!! I am standing on the corner of main and smith. Now the officer knows I am on his side. And then ask if he needs help. If so, I would be Playing wack a mole with Perp. Yes, I have my Certs for Baton and Handcuffing.

I would not allow the dirtbag to overtake the officer. I would ask if he wants assistance...and in this case I would definitely give 'physical assistance'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

DC Founder
    I would announce to the officer that I was there to help, not ask him. When he's in that big of a fight I'm not sure he would hear you. If possible, I would get close and look for an opening to get him in a choke hold from behind, giving the officer the opportunity to get his OC/baton or to watch the choke take effect. What I wouldn't do is drive on by or stand there and watch....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

If possible, I would ask the officer if he wanted my help. If the officer decines my help, I would stand by as a witness to the incident, and in case things went further south.

If the officer wants some help, I would then announce that I am too old to fight the BG, I am licensed to carry a concealed firearm, and that you, Mr. BG, have the count of ten to be wearing handcuffs or I will blow your unmentionable parts off.

It is then the BG's choice. After all, I was sure he was trying for the officers gun.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links