BG's ..... now have a new tactic.....

This is a discussion on BG's ..... now have a new tactic..... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok... I've seen in several cases that the BG's may be catching on to the fact that some patrons may be armed.... so, rather than ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ok... I've seen in several cases that the BG's may be catching on to the fact that some patrons may be armed.... so, rather than stop robbing places, they seem to be using a new tactic. They have used this in several robberies of restaurants, stores, etc.

There are more often 3-4 guys. 1-2 are getting the money (1 getting and 1 watching the "personnel"). The other 2, are watching the patrons and pointing guns at them in case someone is armed.

In thinking about this, what would you do if you knew / thought they were going to shoot the witnesses, including you and your family members. This tactic changes the odds. There are now 3 or 4 armed BG's, with guns drawn.

I'm more convinced now .... to carry at least 2 extra mags. I had almost talked myself down to one, but not now. I have from 27 - 45 shots with 2 extra mags, depending upon the gun I'm carrying at the time. The worse case is a PF9 with 3 mags= 21 shots...... 5 for each perp.

If I carry 1 extra mag... that puts it down to 14 shots for 4 people.
    Or, 15 shot mag with an XD, 30 shots.... which gives better odds of not having to reload as quick.

Being prepared , is 1/2 the challenge.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    I think if they are armed as such...I believe bullets are going to fly ever which way...and many will be hurt. This is in the "what if" category with no simple answer. I would not go down without a fight...but the next question is what if they start herding all the patrons to the back room...then what would you do?

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    I think if they are armed as such...I believe bullets are going to fly ever which way...and many will be hurt. This is in the "what if" category with no simple answer. I would not go down without a fight...but the next question is what if they start herding all the patrons to the back room...then what would you do?

Rick
    Difficult indeed. What would I do? Try to be the last in line into the room. If it's through a hallway, several of the BG's will be straight in line and maybe one behind the other. I'd take 'em one at a time before they close the door, and they might only be able to shoot through themselves to get to me. Indeed, more though needs to go toward carrying more ammo/spare mags.

Die like a Viking.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKelly View Post
    Die like a Viking.
    +1 If I'm gonna go I'm taking some of them with me. I think, however, if my kid (or kids) are with me I play for as much non violent time as possible. I would only draw as an absolute last resort.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

That would be a pretty sticky situation. 4 armed guys, 2 of whom are already covering you and everyone else in the room at gunpoint....you're pretty much screwed IMO.

The BGs are bound to turn their heads and look at something, if that happened that would be your time to strike.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    What? No mandatory post about how you should notice them and move for cover before they have their guns pointed at you?
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    What? No mandatory post about how you should notice them and move for cover before they have their guns pointed at you?
    OK, here it is

You should notice them before they have their guns pointed at you...
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

I will start peeing profusely,once they are distracted by my actions I will then seeing an opportunity take out the most direct threat and continue til all BG's or me are dead
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

That is a very hard. Because risking your life is one thing, risking the lives of your kids and wife is something else. I would let the robbery occur until it was decieded to herd us into another room/freezer. Then it would appear everyone is dead anyhow and would open fire on them
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Also hope other people are carrying as well as your backup
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

If it was legal for me to carry one, I would toss a Flash Bang after I thought that they were going to kill us. Distract, blind them maybe give me a better chance.

First always sit tactically, by exit, kitchen, even rest room can be a last stand if there is cover from the door being penetrated. Decide on where to move to while attacking/exiting, best angle/backdrop for your bullets and what they will be spraying trying to get you. In my case, I would run and get away, call 911, first choice if alone. I do not believe in being a hero, the survivors will sue the crap out of you! If wife was with me, we both carry and both practice frequently, she a 45, me a 9mm. I would opt to fight since she has bad joint problems, we both are always analyzing when we go out, on seating, escape and cover. If we cant sit in a reasonably secure place we leave and go somewhere else. We have signals worked out and train for hostage situations and honestly believe we would win. I've been in combat and learnt early that scared people miss a whole lot, keep the tunnel rush down. Also remember being under gun is not the end. If you move and attack you will fire about the same time as the BG, BG will fire at where you were unless well trained. Now I do not recomend this for most people, most don't train enough and will freeze up/tunnel vision, but if you think your dead anyway, go for it.
    So hows obammas change working out for ya?

I would have to agree with mi2z. There is not simple answer for this one.
    during the herding, I would try to have as many other people between my little girl and the BG. a hallway with a turn at the end would be great (sence we are making this up as we go) then it would be gun blazing at head level to try for a quick kill. I would also try tobe as close to the BG's as posable. quick shots no aim speed in ths case MIGHT mean safer. Given the only chance you have.....

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Fortunately, if I did start shooting, I'd have surprise on my side. They would have to see WHO was shooting and making sure it wasn't one of their own before taking action, meanwhile I'm shooting butt and not taking any names. At least I could only hope.

I have 31 rounds of .40 and 16 rounds of 9mm. Primary with extra mag and BUG with extra mag. Getting the BUG gun out is faster than reloading the primary, so I could have about 24 rounds without reloading. I'd hate running out of ammo, and I'd hate even more having to use a knife. Overall, I'd hate to be in that situation. That doesn't mean I can't be ready for it.

*sarcasm* What would a jury think if I carried that much? It looks like I'm looking for trouble!*/sarcasm*. If I knew one of the other hostages was a good shot, I'd pass a gun with ammo to them. Two is better than one.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links