Hopeless situation

This is a discussion on Hopeless situation within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Ram Rod I've never liked the work hopeless. I don't think any situation is absolutely hopeless. +1 As a young kid of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hopeless situation

CDH
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I've never liked the work hopeless. I don't think any situation is absolutely hopeless.
    +1

As a young kid of 12 years old in 1962, the one thing I learned from sitting in awe while watching Dr. No at the movies is that no matter how fantastically bad a situation, there is always a way out.
    007 always found a way, even when there seemed to be no hope.

Sure, fantasy, I know. But as life when on, I found that in almost every situation where I found myself in a dead end of some sort, I kept my cool and actually did finish with a good outcome.

This philosophy has served me well in dire situations in my business as well as my personal life.
    Never give up, and always keep your eyes (and most importantly, your mind) open for even the most remote chance of resolving a situation in your own favor.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Hopeless, never. Sometimes a sacrifice might have to be made so others can live.

But hopeless - that is the time to get down and dirty, cross eyed, fed up, ain't gonna take it, kick butt and take names later time. Deep primal anger, determination, stubourness, and a committment to overcome might just get you thru. Never give up, there is always hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Shoot the BGs then use your fingers to start plugging holes.
    Better: shoot the BG's, then use your spent shell casings to start plugging holes. Leaves both hands free to shoot.
    In a situation like this, i would certainly do something. Anything i can do to put a hitch in their plan may give myself or others a better chance of surviving. BG's best case scenario is for everyone to comply w/ their orders and not cause a problem. 1 wrench thrown in might throw them off enough to lose the upper hand. Flight 93 is a perfect example of this.

VIP Member
    I don't believe there's and such thing as a "hopeless situation". I will continue to do whatever I can till my last breath.
    Everyone is going to die one way or another and death itself is nothing to fear.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    I remember a Star Trek (not sure if it was the movie or TV show) but someone was talking to Capt. Kirk. He was applauding the captain for taking a hopeless situation, turning the tables and coming out the victor. Not an easy feat, but doable.

I would always look for an opening. I just don't think I could be a sheep and do nothing. However, in watching the movie about the 9/11 hijackings, even when the passengers knew they were going to be crashed into a building, most people refused to take action. I don't think I could do it alone, although I have all my life. I think it was that 2% who would do something pro-active. You do the dirty work and don't get thanked. Just another unsung hero I guess.
    Ah yes, the Kobayashi Maru- the no-win scenario. As I recall from my sci-fi geekdom, there is a very important lesson that comes up there: do whatever it takes to win. In the case of Captain Kirk, he cheated by reprogramming the computer to give himself more time.

When faced with any dire situation, especially the potential no-win scenario, cheating is allowed! At the end of it there will be one standing and one on the ground, and come hell or high water I will be the one left standing- cheating and all...
    It's Great to be a Florida Gator!

Gene Police: "Hey You! Out of the Pool!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links