Help Me Clear My House

Help Me Clear My House

This is a discussion on Help Me Clear My House within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been trying to figure out the safest way to clear my house. I came home a few nights ago and the bedroom light was ...

Thread: Help Me Clear My House

Help Me Clear My House

I've been trying to figure out the safest way to clear my house. I came home a few nights ago and the bedroom light was on. I didn't remember leaving it on so I checked things out inside. I got to thinking, that the layout of my house isn't very friendly on my behalf if I'm searching it.

Attached is an image of the basic layout of my house. The wall in the middle between the living room and kitchen is what really throws me off, what would be the best way to approach this wall? What path should I take if I were clearing the house from the master room in the middle of the night? And what would be the best path for me to take if I were to clear the house coming in through the front door?

Forgive my poor MSPaint skills - I just threw this together. Its not to scale 100%, but gives a pretty good idea of the layout

EDIT : Someone sent me a PM saying they couldn't see the image, so here is a direct link to it if you can't see the pic below
    House Layout

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

suicide

Those walls are Sheetrock, no cover. Let the law do it, they wont laugh to bad if it was a false alarm. Keep a noise maker if you don't have a dog. They sell motion sensor battery operated sirens, throw it in the door and wait. If there is anybody, they'll move out quick. Our dog is trained to clear the yard and house, unless the door is closed completely she will open it and check. She checks the bath tub and closets too. If a room door is closed we know someone is in there or been there, then I'll unlatch and send her in. Now our house is well secured, double fence, bars on windows and doors, bump proof locks, but we like to keep in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by 173ABN View Post
    Those walls are Sheetrock, no cover. Let the law do it, they wont laugh to bad if it was a false alarm.

Actually, its worse than sheetrock...its a trailer
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

If I thought someone was in my house (or trailer), I think I would try to clear what I could from outside... look in the windows and such. If it is night time and there are lights on inside...it shouldn't be too hard to check.
    My friend has ADT or Wells Fargo alarms (not sure), but he can activate it with his iPhone. He ran to the store and when he came back less than 5 minutes later...his garage light was on, and it only comes on when the door is opened. So he activated his alarm and it triggered. Someone had jimmied the window in the garage and was inside. LEOs arrived in minutes and found the perp hiding on top of the water heater inside a closet.
    "carrying a gun is a lot lighter than carrying a cop in your pocket" -MrTwice99

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by broknindarkagain View Post
    Actually, its worse than sheetrock...its a trailer
    Then hook it up to the truck and drag it down to the PD and let them do it.

No matter how you do it, your going to leave your backside hanging out in the open. I would not do a dynamic entry on any plain, time is your friend. I'd wait and listen and move methodically from there.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 173ABN View Post
    Now our house is well secured, double fence, bars on windows and doors, bump proof locks, but we like to keep in practice.
    Don't like the fact that locks claim to be 'bump proof' allow you to become overconfident. Many locks which claim this are in fact quite easy to bump. I have tried this myself and it does work.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

If I suspect unauthorized entry in to my home I am NOT going to "clear" it.

I've cleared a few buildings, storage yards and whatnot. Now I just call the on duty LEO's as I will only have cause to "clear" my home off duty.

Biker

Sponsored Links