Met and threatened while walking out of house - Page 2

Met and threatened while walking out of house

This is a discussion on Met and threatened while walking out of house within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Watch the movie Death Sentence....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Met and threatened while walking out of house

Watch the movie Death Sentence.

Watch the movie Death Sentence.
    Why? It is, in your experience, an accurate representation of gang-related activity? Or is it - what can happen with "wrong place @ wrong time" in the worst scenerio? I watched it. The lead goodguys happened upon a criminal trainwreck & got tangled in the mess. The related occurance above is, as I understand, an uninvolved Campus Security Officer (CSO) being informed by a neighborhood gang that they; had done extensive recon specifically on him, knew he & his family's vital personal details, and threatened to illicitly use that knowledge against him IF this uninvolved CSO didn't "leave the gangs alone". It's not, as far as I can read, like the CSO had ever previously crossed their path. That's the confusing part for me.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

As far as I know he is into nothing that would warrant the attention, however I am not going to make the claim that I know everything about the situation as I was not present. Yes the police have the ability to handle this if things continue to escalate. I would agree that normally a campus security officer would not be involved in things of this magnitude, however our security gets along very well with the local PD and have been called to back them up on a few occasions. For the last few years gang violence has increased around the school, to the point that our security cars all have car mounted 12 Ga. Thanks for the ideas, and comment. I agree with mitchellct about that thing that I have to do if the above scenarios play out.

Quote Originally Posted by hbabler View Post
    I agree with mitchellct about that thing that I have to do if the above scenarios play out.
    It isn't YOUR thing...It's your mother's thing, and it's really time critical.

And it is very involved...It could take...months to solve.

VIP Member
    Now, how exactly would they know he doesn't have a concealed carry permit, and doesn't own a gun?

In recent years various states have moved to keep the names of license holders secret? No one would know whether or not there was a shotgun in the house under any circumstances, unless the "friend" had given that information out, perhaps unknowingly or as part of some job application with the college.

Yup, the security guard needs to help him mom out right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Yup, the security guard needs to help him mom out right now.
    Um...no.

I don't think you understand.

If the guy being harassed by gang members suddenly calls you asking for you to "help him out with something...and, you know...bring your gun..." or "invites you over to stay a while...and bring a rifle or shotgun..." then you should have something important to do instead.

Anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    This is what I thought at first too, and there may be a little bit of creative fiction here, I dont know. Generally speaking, campus security doesnt get to involved in the depths of organized crime or any crime for that matter. Why would a gang waste its time with a powerless security guard? But I do know that a strong gang will test its limits doing stupid things like this. If they do have an inside person, they probably feel pretty strong and will be more willing to pull stunts like this. Thats why a third party needs to crank the heat up on them right now.

I think Sixto has this right. All that information on a security guard? Something isn't right or that guard did something to someone and he is getting a message.
    NRA Member
    Ret. LEO

VIP Member

Didn't misunderstand

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    Um...no.

I don't think you understand.

If the guy being harassed by gang members suddenly calls you asking for you to "help him out with something...and, you know...bring your gun..." or "invites you over to stay a while...and bring a rifle or shotgun..." then you should have something important to do instead.

Anything else.
    I didn't misunderstand your point at all. I was trying to say, stay the heck away from this security guard/friend now. Something ain't right, and why get sucked in? Surely momma needs help for something critical, no?

I'll go way out of my way to help others, but not when I think I'm getting a line. That would be the end of the road of friendship.

School grounds, no guns. Also, licensed security cannot carry CHL.

He has touched a nerve somewhere.

Threat

Not quite like you said.

move
    up armor

as for you...keep your distance from this guy
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Quote Originally Posted by hbabler View Post
    I am a student at a large private school. We have campus housing and a campus security force that is made up of mostly students that are licensed security guards in the state of Texas, the chief and a few of the officers are licensed peace officers. One of my friends is a security guard and lives in gated campus housing with his family, the apartment complex was bought by the school about five years ago and the neighborhood around it has grown increasingly violent. Last week he was walking out to his car to report for the beginning of his shift, after he locked his apartment door he was met by five young males, who proceeded to tell him what his name was, what time he went to work, what his children's name's are, where they go to school, what time his wife was home alone, and what time he came home from work. they also told him they knew that he did not have a CHL or a weapon in the house, and he did not have a cell phone on him and that the other guards were on the other end of the campus and could not make it back in time to save him or his family. They told him to leave the gangs alone and to not call the local PD. At this point they left. The school has moved him and his family to another location on campus. If you were in this situation what would you have done if you were armed? Also what would suggest for him to do at this point. Needless to say my SA is up a couple of notches due to the fact that my family and I live in one of the ungated complexes that the school owns. Thanks
    There is too much info that these guys provided, and why the interest? I would like to know the other side of the story before making a judgement. In the meantime, I would put this in the "fishy" category, and of course, take care of family first. j3313

I did not bother reading the rest of the posts after #20.

Does this guy also go by the name of Gecko45?
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

which guy? Technically since the housing is not on the school grounds it is not illegal to posses firearms. I do not think that most people around here realize this.

So 5 bangers put together FBI-NSA level surveillance on this measly campus security guard? Like everyone else said, either this guard is much more involved then known to us, or part to all of the story is just that, a story.
    "I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links