Met and threatened while walking out of house

This is a discussion on Met and threatened while walking out of house within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MitchellCT Humm... "after he locked his apartment door he was met by five young males, who proceeded to tell him what his ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Met and threatened while walking out of house

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    Humm...

"after he locked his apartment door he was met by five young males, who proceeded to tell him what his name was, what time he went to work, what his children's name's are, where they go to school, what time his wife was home alone, and what time he came home from work. they also told him they knew that he did not have a CHL or a weapon in the house, and he did not have a cell phone on him and that the other guards were on the other end of the campus and could not make it back in time to save him or his family. They told him to leave the gangs alone and to not call the local PD. "

That is a lot of surveillance & inteligence gathering...

What is your pal into or onto that he merits so much effort?

Gambling? Drugs? Women he should not be sleeping with?

What has he not told you about his life?

In my experience, it is what you haven't been told that is the crucial facts. I'd be very wary of diving right in to help out, because you may find yourself inside something you didn't know about.

I'm not saying don't help...just when he asks if you would mind going with him to meet some people...and would you mind bringing your handgun with you, just in case...or when he ask you to stay over some nights with a rifle...

That's when you have that thing you just HAVE to do...that time critical thing you forgot about.

For your mother.

You know. That thing...

I am with you on this one, and I also think it is possible for something like that to actually happend.

Now for the answerer what would I do if I had a pistola, well I would show it to them and shortly after I would reply "perhaps there are many things you don't know about me". Most likly they were bluffing, I doubt they had a man inside if they did they would have done something else.
    Thats my take on it.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    So 5 bangers put together FBI-NSA level surveillance on this measly campus security guard?
    It aint rocket science. Something as simple as a work application could have provided the required info. Perhaps the guys posts on Facebook or myspace or something of that nature. You'd be suprised what one can read on some of those sites.

One guy watching the house for any amount of time could have figured out when he,she was there and and when they werent.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post

Now for the answerer what would I do if I had a pistola, well I would show it to them and shortly after I would reply "perhaps there are many things you don't know about me". Most likly they were bluffing, I doubt they had a man inside if they did they would have done something else.
    Thats my take on it.
    So you'd give up the element of supprise to say something snarky?

Yeah...not.

I realize this, in today's age the internet could get you all that info without even leaving your house maybe except for the kids names and schools, what I was getting at was why would a gang even waste the time on a random guard getting such information.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    It aint rocket science. Something as simple as a work application could have provided the required info. Perhaps the guys posts on Facebook or myspace or something of that nature. You'd be suprised what one can read on some of those sites.

One guy watching the house for any amount of time could have figured out when he,she was there and and when they werent.
    "I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it!"

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hbabler View Post
    If you were in this situation what would you have done if you were armed?

All 5 would have been eating dirt until I got help and if they refused to get down and eat dirt, all 5 would have been force fed some lead. You don't mess with the family.

While I agree this COULD be a piece of fiction, why is it so unbelievable....He is a security guard, there are many things he could have done to get the gang's attention. He could have busted the gang's "leader" or a source for their drugs. It's not that far out there of a story, and the information they had would not be that hard to get.

What better things do gang members have to do than harass people anyway? Go to work?

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    If this is true exactly as reported here...if financially capable, HE NEEDS TO MOVE...NOW. Now for the important part of that...NO ONE at the school should know where. He needs to make sure that no one is aware of his new address for a while. He can have the Post Office hold his mail for him to come to pick up instead of delivering to the new address etc... And yes, the authorities need to be involved and they may cover some of this if deemed necessary.

Those guys have WAY too much info on him. So there's a couple of things probably going on. 1) it's clear they are watching and tracking him. 2) they have someone inside at the school.

Stay safe.

I have learned from many deployments, a UPS store (or other company) is a godsend. All of my mail goes there, when I deploy or move like I am about to, I keep the mailbox and have it forwarded by the UPS store every other week. A year and a half in Afghanistan and no one knew that I didn’t work with or was a close friend. Even if you have my address off bills or anything you will only get as far as a mailbox. You have to physically follow me or be real good at police work to find where I actually live. A lot of the Full Time RV retired community does the same thing, as they arrive at a new resort they have their mail sent to them by the UPS Store. No mailbox at my actual home for someone to rifle through to get my info.

This sounds fishy one way or the other, if true I would have to ask myself is he a real close friend. If he isn’t it sounds like trouble for you and yours waiting to happen. If he is a close friend in need, I would take serious precautions before getting involved, because if they are following him that close and you start working with him do you want your family in the same boat.

Also as SIXTO said -
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    He needs to move out of the area and lay low, and at the same time, the heat needs turned up on the gang by the police not campus security.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

He needs to protect family first, and smart to have them somewhere they won't know about.

Some people don't need much of an excuse to try to threaten or intimidate people. I guess I've dealt with too many of these types of numbskulls. That info is a piece of cake to get and know. Hell, just ask a few people around there.... have you seen John, oh he usually comes home at 3 p.m., oh... what time does he leave ? Do you know how I could get a hold of him at work ? People don't realize how much info they actually give out, when pieced together with other info.

Ya don't threaten my family..... nor do they understand how dedicated I would become ..... but they would soon understand that...

You threaten my family you die, Period.

Move out and don't look back!!

HBABLER,

You say that "Yes the police have the ability to handle this if things continue to escalate."

Really ????
    Police are having a tough time dealing with organized gangs all over the country.
    If the scenario you give us is true and not fiction based "mall ninja babble" from your friend I would not feel secure with any local police being able to handle it.

bosco

If I where your friend, I would keep my new address classified, by forwarding his mail from his old address, to a PO Box, and his boss should have his personnel records, and school records sealed.

I was recruited to work for the local Sheriff’s department while I was an actual student in college, and it was crucial that NO ONE knew.

Mind you this was back in the 70’s but the Sheriff wanted it kept very confidential; Even my records at the SD where sealed, and only the Sheriff himself, the chief deputy, and the sergeant in charge of the NARC squad knew.

Sooo… Take this from someone who knows. Sure schools are suppose to be a safe place of learning, and growing of young minds, but it’s also BIG business for drug dealers.

If I where your friend, I would leave the drug dealers, and gangs alone, and do my job of protecting the students from common everyday violations.

And carrying a gun would not change my opinion.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I'd seriously wonder how "five young males" gained access to my "gated campus housing". Either security is non-existent or this story is a little aggrandized in some ways. Sounds like a made up scenario thing to me. Who knows.

Ok, this is just my take on the situation and certainly doesn't carry any weight of experience on this... But I have seen a lot of movies and I did stay at a Holiday Inn a couple of weeks ago.

If this is just a story... I wouldn't do anything different.

If this is totally true... and I was an unarmed, non-commissioned campus security guard who had a wife and small children and I did not own any weapons, I would immediately quit my job, move out of the area or in with some relatives and do my best to protect my family by getting as far away from the situation as fast as possible.

While the surveillance that was gathered on the guy was not too terribly hard to find out... It would take some concerted effort for the gang bangers to obtain.

Why is the question.... If this guy allowed that much surveillance to be done on him and have absolutely no idea why they are even interested in him in particular, I would have to say he is in the wrong line of work or there is more to the story than we know.

Either way... his situational awareness level and counter-surveillance skills leave a lot to be desired and if things happened exactly as was posted. That type of intimidation would certainly get my attention and is a definite threatening situation and his main priority should be to make sure his family is safe.

Now, if I were a commissioned peace officer and something like that happened, I would handle it totally different. For one thing, I would be pissed that I allowed that to even happen and I would certainly harden my position, and start investigating. They wouldn't be getting away with it, that's for sure.

But as an un-armed, non-commissioned campus security guard, that pay check isn't worth me doing much more than saying adios to that pay check and moving on to another line of work.

JMHO, YMMV
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links