Would there ever be an instance where you'd "save one for yourself?"

This is a discussion on Would there ever be an instance where you'd "save one for yourself?" within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; dont think it is for me unless we get into one of the strange offshots in a zombie type film where you have been biten ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would there ever be an instance where you'd "save one for yourself?"

dont think it is for me unless we get into one of the strange offshots in a zombie type film where you have been biten and have not turned yet. Would rather take care of myself then hope one of my loved ones could shoot the zombie me. Sorry to take the thread there. In real life not an option.

2. Remove Ads

If I could only move my right wrist enough to aim at my own head, yes.

If you try to set me on fire, you better cripple me, cause I'm gonna grab one of your kids in a hug, if not.

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    Never. I'm a firm believer in suicide = hell, and nothing is worth that. Plus...if it came to that, I'd take out as many with me as I could...one well placed round could add to that number.
    I don't buy into the 'suicide is a sure ticket to hell' thinking.

I do think I would fight to the end, hoping for the Cavalry to come riding over the hill.

'Course, that didn't work so well for Gen. George Armstrong Custer.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Would there ever be an instance where you'd "save one for yourself?"
    Would there be? Hard to say. Possible? Yes.
    Anyone remember the story of the soldier whose parachute got hung in a tree as he dangled by his feet with his head in an a fire ant hill? Fired all seven shots at the limb to free himself with his issue 45? When he made the decision as the fire ants started to sting him, the slide was locked back on an empty mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    If I was the last man alive at Custer's Last Stand, I'd consider it.
    "When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
    An' go to your Gawd like a soldier".

(Apologies to Rudyard Kipling)

Can't see throwing my life away.

I believe in the "don't go quietly into that good night" theory.

I will go kicking and screaming and trying to take every bad guy I can with me.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

I would take everyone I can. They would have to kill me, I won't kill myself.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Save one for myself? Nope, not in the OP scenerio. Because that would mean that one of them would not get to join me in Vallhalla...so we could continue this fight!
    Come on Sparky, it's only a flesh wound. Is that all you've got?!? Come on ya' sissy!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

If I knew I was to be tortured then killed, I'd do it. If I was caught in a fire with no escape, I might do it. I don't fear death, believing that nothing comes after. I fear dying in agony.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Administrator
    "Would there ever be an instance where you'd "save one for yourself?"

November 4, 2012
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    The saying goes "never say never". I will refrain from saying "never" but I'm a warrior, I just can't imagine not using my last round on my enemy.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Pft, not me. With my luck I'd just miss and look like Ed Norton at the end of Fight Club.

Seriously though, I wouldn't want to chance it (read C9H13NO3 post) and would rather die standing.

Now I have thought about, a way out there scenario, if America were ever over run and they are killing the men and torturing the women and children what would I do. I have never been able to come up with an answer that didn't make me sick to my stomach.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I'd rather think I'd go out in a pile of empty brass and slain enemies.
    If there's 3 of them and one round left..two of them are gonna get stabbed...or seeing as I carry a 1911 I've got a chunk of metal to use as a club.

If there's a dozen of them and one round...one of them has GOT to be armed...so there's my next reload.

They'll leave me alone or kill me.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

I'm completely and totally against suicide as a rule, but if certain situations came up...for instance in "The Departed" when Mr French was stuck in a burning car and it was either eat a bullet or burn to death....I'd have to agree with his decision of [Edited] It!"
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; November 6th, 2008 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Deleted a profanity workaround.

Being honest AND realistic, ONLY if there was no way out AND I could take a few with me. I can only fall back on my military experience and my very limited combat experience.

Well, honestly, I dunno what I'd do if I ever reached that 'realization'........I'd wanna fight to the end if that's all I could do, but my very last bullet.....I believe I'd feed it to my enemy first.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links