First time SD - Page 3

First time SD

This is a discussion on First time SD within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last year June, had an English visitor, old Buddy from Australia (long story) a guy who lived 3 houses away, and owned a Roty, who ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First time SD

Last year June, had an English visitor, old Buddy from Australia (long story) a guy who lived 3 houses away, and owned a Roty, who had visited prior to the visit I will describe.

Jack was having one of his roll a cigarette attacks! Which had to be done on a seat in the front area of the house. We have a no smoking policy, well you can, but not exhale!

Anyhow, big dog walking down my path, followed by owner, I told him his dog will get shot if it frightens my Wife, he apologized and left, he also moved shortly after, not for the reason I have just told you, his job moved him.

My English buddy could not believe this wee sign of Florida life!

Dogs are walked on leads here, no problems with any one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    Last year June, had an English visitor, old Buddy from Australia (long story) a guy who lived 3 houses away, and owned a Roty, who had visited prior to the visit I will describe.

Jack was having one of his roll a cigarette attacks! Which had to be done on a seat in the front area of the house. We have a no smoking policy, well you can, but not exhale!

Anyhow, big dog walking down my path, followed by owner, I told him his dog will get shot if it frightens my Wife, he apologized and left, he also moved shortly after, not for the reason I have just told you, his job moved him.

My English buddy could not believe this wee sign of Florida life!

Dogs are walked on leads here, no problems with any one.
    Just an observation . . . . I wouldn't think your wife being scared by a dog is justification to shoot it. Afraid for her life because the dog is charging her is a different story. But if a dog is walking along with its owner I think you might have a hard time shooting it and justifying it. What if your wife has a natural and irrational fear of dogs? She might become terrified if she sees any dog, would you unload in the pet store then?
    "People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people".
    -- V for Vendetta

NRA Associate Member

Quote Originally Posted by NickEMT View Post
    Just an observation . . . . I wouldn't think your wife being scared by a dog is justification to shoot it. Afraid for her life because the dog is charging her is a different story. But if a dog is walking along with its owner I think you might have a hard time shooting it and justifying it. What if your wife has a natural and irrational fear of dogs? She might become terrified if she sees any dog, would you unload in the pet store then?
    I would not have shot this one either! But it never was off the lead after that wee walk on it's own.

I don't care what they say about pit bulls not being vicious, they will attack another dog and possibility the owner at any time. This has been tragically proven time after time.

I would have done the same. good job.

I don't own any firearms yet but if I did and a dog came onto my property and was attacking(running towards barking and growling is attacking in my book.) my family/friends OR my animals that dog would be dead the instant I had a clear shot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links