ATMs - Page 2

ATMs

This is a discussion on ATMs within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 Now there's a dangerous combination...ATM and Orlando... I do not use ATM's...ever! I could never figure out why, on saturday morning ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATMs

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Now there's a dangerous combination...ATM and Orlando...

I do not use ATM's...ever!

I could never figure out why, on saturday morning at my bank, people stand in line at the ATM outside of the bank instead of going inside.
    Maybe the bank has gunbuster signs up and the folks are carrying?

Michael

When I go to a atm I am allways carefull I am looking around to see and when some one is in it I wait in my car until it empty, all ways be alert aound you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    My wife does not carry a gun so I wont allow her to use an ATM. If she needs cash, she can get it at the bank in the grocery store. I only use drive-up ATM's thinking that atleast I can lay my gun on my lap while accessing and have my vehicle to escape if need be.

>>---->
    One problem with that concept. You're effectively in a box that restricts your movements. All it takes is one BG hiding and popping up to your door with a gun in your face at the right moment and yer screwed. At least out of the car you stand a fighting chance...just my thoughts.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Pack wrote:" One problem with that concept. You're effectively in a box that restricts your movements."

Yes. This is exactly what concerns me when I use the drive up ATM machine at my local bank. The way it is situated, I can't see if someone is coming from the other side.

jfl
    As I read somewhere (Andy Stanford of Options for Personal Security?) the keys to stay out of trouble are:"Avoidance, Deterrence, De-escalation".
    I haven't been at an ATM for many, many years; if I were a BG in need of a few quick bucks, ATM ambush would be one of my first choices...
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Search YouTube for CrossFit - ATM STRATEGY with Tony Blauer. Can't post link - Mods would get me for a foul language post, but he makes good points.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Watched the Youtbe video with tony blauer pretty funny but very good something definately worth keepin in mind. thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links