ATMs

This is a discussion on ATMs within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok has anyone ever noticed that the majority of ATMs are designed better for the BG instead of the Custumer? When i say this is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATMs

ATMs

Ok has anyone ever noticed that the majority of ATMs are designed better for the BG instead of the Custumer?

When i say this is cause i noticed that alot of ATM areas are either poorly lit have a tremendous amount of bushes or other greenery around it for the BG to hide in,or theres so sort of wall block the view from the public i which the BG can rob you without being seen.

Now also i have noticed some ATMs at banks are enclosed in a glass room and in areas like NY or Chicago where guns are prohibited all they have to do is wait for you to come out or wait for you to go in then your trapped. So i was just wondering if anyone has ever given this any thought?

I usually dont go to the ATM at nite but recently i did, to save some time my wife came with me she sat in the car ready and watching my back. call it paranoia i call it being ready.

Just wondering guys what are your thoughts on this?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I don't use ATM's! I don like paying a fee to access my own money. The banks continue to find ways to rip us off with charges.

your bank charges you fees for use the atm at your bank time to get a new bank.

I only go to ATM's in the Day, or if at night, go to the one's that are in grocery stores or the major drug stores.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Now there's a dangerous combination...ATM and Orlando...

I do not use ATM's...ever!

I could never figure out why, on saturday morning at my bank, people stand in line at the ATM outside of the bank instead of going inside.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

No ATM card for me, so no ATM usage. The credit union is open 5 days a week most days, I do my business during those hours.

Plan ahead, don't put yourself in a vulnerable possition.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I've never really been all that nervous about using ATMs, I do carefully survey my surroundings before any transaction. Just like in many situations the key is situational awareness....well and having a my hand on a loaded gun.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Ayoob had an episode on Personal Defense TV about some safety precautions to take using an ATM. Even in daylight hours one has to be careful. And you are right. It may be for aesthetics, but the ATMs are better styled for the BG than the GG.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

VIP Member
    The ATM at the bank near me is not located in a way that gives the customer a clear view of what is going on around him. Consequently, my wife NEVER uses the ATM, and though I do, I am extra cautious and attentive to the cars and others near by when I drive up. I also make a point of looking in my car mirrors as much as possible. It is very unusual for me to go to an ATM on foot. In fact, it is fairly unusual for me to keep much cash around; plastic gets the job done in most circumstances.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    My wife does not carry a gun so I wont allow her to use an ATM. If she needs cash, she can get it at the bank in the grocery store. I only use drive-up ATM's thinking that atleast I can lay my gun on my lap while accessing and have my vehicle to escape if need be.

>>---->
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I could never figure out why, on saturday morning at my bank, people stand in line at the ATM outside of the bank instead of going inside.
    It may be a way to get your money out of the bank if it is posted. That is one reason I like using the drive-up lanes.

we had a situation here in orlando where there were 2BGs one robbed a person in his car using a drive thru atm and the other got somebody at the walk up atm at the same time now most of thse drive thrus ar kind of tight for those of you local i Olando was near dean and curry ford the bank shall remain nameless.

Quote Originally Posted by PcMakr View Post
    It may be a way to get your money out of the bank if it is posted. That is one reason I like using the drive-up lanes.
    Guns and banks are not a problem here in FL, and although signs mean nothing, I've never seen one.

Stay armed......stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    I've gotten into the habit of using ATM's in gas stations and grocery stores for a few reasons. First, it's inside in a well lit, heavily trafficked area. Second, I have time to scan my surroundings to see if anyone is overly interested in me, prior to leaving the building. And finally, the parking lots also tend to be well lit and heavily trafficked.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

My banks ATM is in a drive thru lane that has great view for at least a couple hundred feet in every direction,I don't use other banks ATM's cause I don't like paying a fee to get my money out,I usually just get cash back on my debit at Walmart .
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links