Stampede!

This is a discussion on Stampede! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; From what I read somewhere the door locks gave away due to people pushing. The WalMart associate was knocked down by the doors and then ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stampede!

VIP Member
    From what I read somewhere the door locks gave away due to people pushing. The WalMart associate was knocked down by the doors and then trampled.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

When faced with a frenzied crowd of 2,000 people, there is probably little one could do.
    The only saving grace would be to eliminate the possibility of getting into that situation in the first place.
    Some things in life fall upon us because we either do not recognize or do not care to pay any attention to the approaching storm.
    This guy should have noticed the 'pending storm'. It's not like any of us haven't been aware of the crazy shoppers and stampedes in the past...Circuit City, K-Mart, WalMart, etc.

Stay armed...stay away from crowds of frenzied shoppers...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    From what I read somewhere the door locks gave away due to people pushing. The WalMart associate was knocked down by the doors and then trampled.
    This is what I heard.Not much that can be done. You have to watch the door if the boss tell you to. If he did have time to unlock it, then I guess its just turn the key and haul but before they catch you.

A large wall of screaming people stampeding toward me with no where to go?
    Run at the crowd, body roll at the leading edge knocking over as many as possible. Better chance in surviving the pile up that will happen behind you,stopping the crowd. Don't try this at home!!
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    A large wall of screaming people stampeding toward me with no where to go?
    Run at the crowd, body roll at the leading edge knocking over as many as possible. Better chance in surviving the pile up that will happen behind you,stopping the crowd. Don't try this at home!!
    I don't think anyone is crazy enough to try that. It would take some very VERY big ones.

Once the stampede starts, it's a bit late to do much more than pray. Better to avoid places that have the potential for such a thing to happen.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryPower View Post
    Okay. In addition, in the event that you were in the process of being trampled, what would you do then?
    At that point there's nothing that can really be done........

A mob stampede ain't being stopped until it's over.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I try to stay as far as possible from Walmart as I can on "Black Friday". I don't even like driving dwon the road near one.

"Belt Fed" anything would probably work.

kidding

...best bet would be to RUN as fast as possibly imagineabletoward somthing that would block/slow them down. If that doesn't work.......pray?
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

black friday madness

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Run the opposite way.

or better yet, avoid the whole black friday madness al together.
    that's what i do. i've gone three times and thats more than
    enough for me.
    sorry to hear about the wa-mart employee,just goes to show
    the shear stupidityof people wanting to safe a buck.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

lon
    Quote Originally Posted by svinfinity45 View Post
    I can't justify even clearing leather as you know these people are just in a frenzy over the sales and not intent on killing you. Even if you felt your life was in danger they have no motive and I'm not sure how it would been seen legally.
    I am sure It would be seen as reckless homicide, if you were lucky

Quote Originally Posted by svinfinity45 View Post
    I can't justify even clearing leather as you know these people are just in a frenzy over the sales and not intent on killing you. Even if you felt your life was in danger they have no motive and I'm not sure how it would been seen legally.
    Legally, you are shooting to stop the imminent threat... the motive of the person is irrelevant.

Take the case of the evil hypnotist. The evi hypnotist hyp[notzised an inncoent person, hands him a knife and commands him to attack you.

Do you have the right to use deadly force in defense of yourself when you know the person threatening you does not mean to?

Absolutely.

The real question is: Would drawing and using a firearm realistically and reasonably be necessary and effective at stopping the stampede.

wouldnt draw unless it was people charging to hurt me. I would beat feet to the closest thing i could climb though
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Try to stay in front of the crowd. Beat down participants as necessary. I've been in a "mass exodus"; my advice is to play "Moral Mikey" when you're home in the LazyBoy. Get out of the AO if possible, be a brutal club-weilding SOB if you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryPower View Post
    ... what would you do it there was a large hoard of people running towards you screaming...

Keep in mind that there is no where to go...

I'm faster than any "large hoard", it's the small ones you have to look out for.

There's always somewhere to go. Unless the "hoard" is running down a dead end alley?
    Ritalin - So much easier than parenting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links