Mumbai in US?? (Merged)

This is a discussion on Mumbai in US?? (Merged) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; JD,I sure hope your wrong about kc because my son and grandchildren live there.sj...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mumbai in US?? (Merged)

JD,I sure hope your wrong about kc because my son and grandchildren live there.sj

2. Remove Ads

Not sure about the place or time - I just figure it will happen. And the immediate result? Oh, no not gun-control - rather martial law.

What better way to "justify" disarming America? With the president-elect having already declared the constitution as a "flawed" document, our 2nd amendment rights tossed right out, without so much as a vote for dissent.

The Anti's currently in "power" will lockstep so as to "prevent" another Mumbai happening on our soil. But, as you know, actually clearing the way.

Nope, it's a downright scary moment in the history of our nation.
    Trying to leave as large a carbon footprint as possible.
    Shivering in the "heat"
    Innocent as doves, wise as serpents, armed like wolves.

CDH

Mumbai "Situation"

But what angered Mr D'Souza almost as much were the masses of armed police hiding in the area who simply refused to shoot back. "There were armed policemen hiding all around the station but none of them did anything," he said. "At one point, I ran up to them and told them to use their weapons. I said, 'Shoot them, they're sitting ducks!' but they just didn't shoot back."
    From: Mumbai photographer: I wish I'd had a gun, not a camera. Armed police would not fire back - World news, News - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

We can only hope that this kind of attack never comes to America.
    But if it did, I wonder how far these terrorists would get before being felled... by armed citizens if the police on the scene couldn't handle it?

It's really frustrating to know that the police in Mumbai didn't have the courage to do their job. Lot's of people died who didn't have to.

I have not heard this before. If true it underscores just how dangerously suicidal the sheep mentality in a people can be.

I hope that if I see some whacko shooting a gun, I will have the presence of mind, courage, gumption, etc - to cap the quack.

I mean in a public place :)
    Shivering in the "heat"

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I have not heard this before. If true it underscores just how dangerously suicidal the sheep mentality in a people can be.
    It also shows how foolish it is to confront murderous thugs armed with automatic weapons, explosives and a desire to be ruthless, with a handgun. This was out of the realm of a local police response and needed a military action. It's nice to think how heroic civilian gun toters could save the day, but IMHO, that is just fantasy.

Gathering intelligence beforehand is the best way to deal with this type of terror. Then they can be killed or captured before murdering innocents.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiWeiSz View Post
    Not sure about the place or time - I just figure it will happen. And the immediate result? Oh, no not gun-control - rather martial law...
    That right there is hitting the nail on the head. As to the ability to make it Nation wide, hard to say.

IF there were to be such an attack on US soil, I agree that it will be in a combination of a NO GUN state/city, and NO GUN area (School, mall...)

The American Citizen is the first line of defense of the Nation. Our military is too busy policing the world, our National Guard is too busy in other Nations. Our police forces are too easily neutralized. They can respond to 1 major incident. They have a plan in place. That fact alone is the weak point.

You pick a city like Chicago, as noted, 30k police. At noon, a major mall is under attack so to speak by multiple gunmen (5+), The police rapid response plan is put into effect and they respond. at 12:15, another target, well say a large school is hit. OK, maybe they have enough officers to respond to that. By now the FBI is involved and are in the process of moving additional personnel in, but there is a delay, the national guard is activated, another delay. 12:30 logistically calculated to hit an area where a majority of the police have been dispatched to respond to either incident, another one happens. Well say we have 15 total shooters between the 3 targets, who have Martyrdom in the plan. Death is the planed outcome.

The city is in a panic, the fear mongering media is on full broadcast nation wide, The Governor declares Martial Law, the President, well, he makes a speech. Does the situation that just occurred in one city justify Martial Law Nation wide?

Apply the same scenario to a shall issue state that has a lot of armed citizens. They will still be hitting the "GUN FREE" zones. There is still a chance that there will be a citizen or three who will, albeit illegal, be there and armed, and make a significant difference in the outcome. By the time the second or third incident happens, you can bet that there will be many an armed citizen arriving on scene (thanks to the fear mongering media) to assist. It will be a simple matter for the LEO agencies to distinguish. If the shooter has an evil black gun, BG, if the shooter has only a handgun, GG.

Now in response to the Pres Elec. and his alleged comment that the constitution is flawed (I have not heard that one yet and would appreciate a link). When he is sworn into office, he is swearing to "Uphold the Constitution" not perform a "Line Edit", or as I would call it, "pee on it" (gonna get a nasty-grahm for that one ).

There is no way he will get away with it. Even if 5 states are hit in the first year with the above scenario, which might be enough to declare a Nation Wide Martial Law, and suspend the constitution, he still can not edit it.

I now bring up a thread that I started last year, that is somewhat along these lines, only regarding the Supreme Courts decision on the 2A and the negative outcome. My prediction if the 2nd gets snubbed

Lets not bring that thread back to the top (Mods, you might want to lock it down for me) , and please, no bashing on the incorrect wording, that point was made. Think more along the lines of Pres Elec. performing a "Line Edit" to the Constitution, rather than the supreme court ruling as you are reading it.

We may be a minority, but I think that the national outcry against the Pres Elec performing such a heinous act on the foundation of this country...1 term, if not impeachment.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

My thinking is more along the lines of a modified 911.

Multiple targets across the nation, not just one city, in one state. Like in 01, that shut the airlines, this would shut the nation. Declaring that national emergency.

As for the comment, I heard it on Sean Hennedy - and it was from a live interview from around 7 years ago I think.

I agree to your assessment though, if enough armed law-abiding citizens are close to the "attack" I think the insurgents will be dealt with swiftly.
    Shivering in the "heat"

Big difference between "National Emergency", and "Martial Law"

National Emergency just puts everyone on high alert, some activities are suspended.

Martial Law changes the City/State/Nation into a "Police State" like, well, Mid 50s Russia.
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I agree, sorry bad wording. What I meant was that in that particular scenario, during that type of national emergency, Martial Law could/would be declared. Thereby allowing not only the disarming of America, but controlling the flow of finances, ending our constitutional government, and ushering in dictatorship (can you say Venezuela?). who know when and if the martial law would be lifted. At what point will it be "safe" again?
    Shivering in the "heat"

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    It also shows how foolish it is to confront murderous thugs armed with automatic weapons, explosives and a desire to be ruthless, with a handgun. This was out of the realm of a local police response and needed a military action. It's nice to think how heroic civilian gun toters could save the day, but IMHO, that is just fantasy.

Gathering intelligence beforehand is the best way to deal with this type of terror. Then they can be killed or captured before murdering innocents.
    I can't imagine any police agency in the United States limited to inaction because the military wasn't there to handle such a situation.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I have to remember the L A shooting and realize that the first responders to the scene DID confront the two heavilly armed men and they managed to restrict their movement out of the scene. Yes, two armed men confronted with a half dozen courageous folks can be taken down. Just one of the Enfields in the hands of a courageous person who knw how to use it would have saved countless lives.
    I suspect, that following British trdition, the Indian Cops who didn't shoot were given weapons without ammunition, or one load and they decided to use it to save themselves until the next level of police got there.
    It is this thinking that must stop.

If the terrorist hit multiple schools, I believe the schools would be very rural, away from any city rapid response SWAT type team. Held up in a building it would be very difficult for the armed citizens to root out. Most wont have the guts or the training to attempt a rescue.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    If the terrorist hit multiple schools, I believe the schools would be very rural, away from any city rapid response SWAT type team. Held up in a building it would be very difficult for the armed citizens to root out. Most wont have the guts or the training to attempt a rescue.
    Training..Likely not. A shall issue state, with concerned armed parents, They will only wait so long for the police to act before they tell them to get bent and go in themselves. It won't be pretty, and people will die. A motivated parent defending their offspring is a dangerous animal.

The general public has developed a low tolerance for LEO agencies who sit and wait. Anti or not.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I can't imagine any police agency in the United States limited to inaction because the military wasn't there to handle such a situation.
    It would depend entirely on where in the U.S. and what police agency. Some are equiped as para-military units but most are not. My point is that police tactics would not work well against a military staged and equiped foe. Had the L.A. bank robbers had hand grenades, the outcome would have been much, much worse. It was bad enough as it was and supports my view.

I do not attribute any more courage to our (U.S.) police than I do Indian police. They were confronted with overwhelming force. I'm sure as the story unfolds a few heros will emerge. Many of them dead, I predict.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links