Mumbai in US?? (Merged) - Page 6

Mumbai in US?? (Merged)

This is a discussion on Mumbai in US?? (Merged) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Duisburg BTW: I'm joining with homeland security this Dec 8th when I go off to training, so I hope you feel a ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Mumbai in US?? (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Duisburg View Post
    BTW: I'm joining with homeland security this Dec 8th when I go off to training, so I hope you feel a little safer knowing that I'll be on watch.

Greaaat...You will be one of the ones assigned to watch us (armed citizens) or ordered to participate in the unlikely but possible gun grab.

No offense meant. Congratulations, and I hope I am just paranoid.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Exactly why would that be your opinion? What evidence do you have that they 'would be more than willing to use them'?
    Because Pakastan is a backwards muslim country, the same country where a few of the 9-11 hijackers came from, along with afganistan, saudi arabia and egypt. Whereas India is a sane country to me regardless that the caste system is there as well as it being a quasi-second world country.

While we try to impose our will that nuclear proliferation is contained, it is inevitable that nuclear technology will find its way to rogue nations. That is no reason to discontinue attempts to stop evil regimes like Iran making muclear weapons.
    Evil regimes asside, after having had traveled and lived in a few countries I realize that people are the same where ever you go. Most of this saber rattling and half-truth waged "war" on terrorism is just a minority of people making a big mess. Governments create wars, they create unjust policies and commit to treaties and unions that deteriorate the soverienty of their people. The everyday people just want to live, no matter which country and no matter which regime places itself into power.
    My point about Iran is this: Who cares? They do not have missles that can reach America. Why should we care? America cared when N. Korea launched a missle that could hit alaska or hawaii but then and only then did we really give a hoot. What is so different about another muslim country having nuclear power for their country?

Too late for North Korea. Clinton's inaction and appeasement policies allowed North Korea to complete their weapons. Let's just hope that Obama will not be as foolhardy in his foreign policy. Although I sincerely doubt it. It is very likely that Obama will cause a nuclear conflict in the Middle East.
    If that is the case I hope Obama does cause a nuclear holocaust in the middle east, I am tired of the rhetoric, biased info and threats coming from that area of the world anyways. Continental Africa has more natural resources to offer the world, we should invest there instead...

That is the same mindset antis use to believe they are safe.
    Antis? Anti what? Anti-gun? I feel safer because I own guns along with 70 million other americans. Terrorism doesn't scare me into signing off on whatever piece of legislation that promises to "protect me" under the guise of Patriotism

Well done. Good luck. I hope you are able to make a difference.
    Who really ever does make a difference, singularly? Thanks though!
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

IF it occurs, they will look for a high profile hotel with a Gunbuster sign on the doors.

Guys

Its going to take everyone's involvement. I bring this up a lot, but Israel has decades of dealing with terrorism. Normal day to day activities, the citizens of Israel are always being aware of out of the normal activities, unattended packages. We are in this fight together and we need to be velegant of our surroundings and environment.

Playing cowboy is not the only way we are going to succeed. Yes if more of us is armed, we can limit the Maubi style attack, but not the moron that straps a bag of nails on and blows himself up.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Quote Originally Posted by Duisburg View Post
    What is so different about another muslim country having nuclear power for their country?
    Intent and ability. Ahminabadsuit has made numerous official policy statements regarding the removal of the US as a superpower. He has intent. Arguably, he has ability, both as a nuclear sub-power, and as a rising economic warrior. He has a vision of Iran being the seat of the 21st century Caliphate, and Russia and Venezuela both have strongly vested interests in "unseating" the US. Saudi/OPEC could really care less, as long as the cash flows- which China and Russia are more than willing to ensure.

I've said it before...all it would take is 12 to 15 BGs in the back of a moving van going up and down several interstates during rush hour strafing the opposing lanes of traffic with AK47s. If they REALLY wanted to cause panic, toss in some molotovs or a RPG or two against a tanker truck.
    Pull that off in LA or NYC and watch the panic
    1. Easy to rent trucks with fake/no ID
    2. They have the weapons and the people in place already in the US
    3. They could scatter off the next exit in the panic.
    4. Pack the truck with ANFO on a delay timer, abandon it under a bridge while they run up to the surface street and hop in getaway cars, or carjack a SUV to make their escape. When the LEOs show up..BOOOM. (if they wanted to live to fight another day..if not...then setup and shoot until the LEOS showed...then BOOM)
    By the next day your 45 minute commute to work would take 10 min if you were brave enough to use the interstates or 10 hours on what public transportation was available.
    Almost impossible to defend against...by the time the 1st 911 calls rolled in the deed would be done. Cell phone towers in the area would be overloaded, 911 would be hammered with people who didn't know where they were, or the BGs could have cell phone jammers, further delaying the response.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Continental Africa has more natural resources to offer the world, we should invest there instead...
    Resource rich, yes, but unacceptably unstable politically and economically for any substantial investments.

Africa also has it's share of terrorists, petty warlords, important warlords, corrupt governments, and the like. We need to be on guard regardless.

As to the USA, it's only a matter of when and where. Take your pick and play out the scenarios, and plan accordingly. Stockpile accordingly, and keep the head on a swivel, as well as teaching the family to do the same.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post

As to the USA, it's only a matter of when and where. Take your pick and play out the scenarios, and plan accordingly. Stockpile accordingly, and keep the head on a swivel, as well as teaching the family to do the same.
    Good advice from a good man!

take care and be safe
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

I don't think anyone has yet posted the CCTV video of two gunmen (armed with AKs) exchanging fire with an Indian police officer who was armed with a .303 Lee Enfield.

I don't know anything about combat tactics, but it looks to me like neither side did anything particularly clever here. Thoughts?

Since there is a new report out that says the US will be hit by nuke or bio attacks within 5 years, what can really be done to prepare for that?

I know one thought process is to move close to a strike zone (ICBM) adn you'll never know what hit you, but that doesn't fly anymore.

I have looked at a survivalist board but they weren't talking much about survival, so I dropped it.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

If you're near ground zero, there isn't much to be done. You get sick, or you get dead, or you don't.

If you're at the periphery, all I can think of is grab your BOB, jump in your BOV, and vamoose. And even then, your whole life is turned upside down. Not much you can do except start over.

How many people have a fall-out shelter anymore, anyway? Down here in the south, there's really no way to build one underground.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

It's going to happen.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Not much to do against a WMD hit.

Conventional weapons barring explosives (IED), that is something that we can deal with and react to. I'll say it again, civilians are the first line of defense in this country.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Not much to do against a WMD hit.

Conventional weapons barring explosives (IED), that is something that we can deal with and react to. I'll say it again, civilians are the first line of defense in this country.
    And, in very real sense, the last line of defense as well.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Actually most WMD's are over rated. One of the reasons they are such terror weapons is there is such widespread misunderstanding of them. Other than traditional thermonuclear weapons, most WMD's are effective only under very specific criteria.

If you recall Aum Shinrikyu attacked the Tokyo subway system in 1995. They attacked five locations at the same time. Enclosed space, confined victims, great setting. Thousands went to hosptials, less than a third of those actually tested positive for contact with the agent used and "only" twelve were killed. Previously they had attacked a community by parking a truck load of sarin just up wind from a neighborhood and released the agent. In that attack they killed seven.

We routinely kill more than that in industrial accidents without even trying!

As far as radiological stuff, depending what material is involved some of it can literally be washed off. Some of it cant hurt you unless it is inhaled or ingested. The big problem is cleaning it up so it doesn't get stirred up by daily activites. The bad news is some of it does live up to its reputation, and without proper gear on site you cant just look at the stuff and know which you are dealing with.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links