Carry Enough Gun

This is a discussion on Carry Enough Gun within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Captain Crunch Back 150 years or so, we could kill a man just 'cause he needed killin', but we've pretty much discontinued ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: Carry Enough Gun

  1. #61
    VIP Member Array HKinNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nassau, NY(Long Island)
    Posts
    2,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Back 150 years or so, we could kill a man just 'cause he needed killin', but we've pretty much discontinued that practice now...
    If it is like that I am staying in NY. Darn.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #62
    Senior Member Array wjh2657's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, Tennessee
    Posts
    1,167
    Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    If it is like that I am staying in NY. Darn.
    Life is full of disappointments HITCH.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

  4. #63
    Member Array hybrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Home of little boy, NM
    Posts
    223
    very good read.

    over here we have the right to defend our property "no that doesnt mean we can brandish either", the only thing I disagree is giving your money/wallet to me that reinforces their behaviour even if it's just a dollar.
    NO 3rd party disputes

    The power of imagination is the key to life.

    It helps you think ahead, consider the possibilities,and prepare you for the future.
    If you lack that ability, you're no different from livestock trapped behind a fence.

  5. #64
    VIP Member Array Dal1Celt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    2,672
    I carry a glock 22 with extra mag. I think I'm covered. (JM2C)
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

  6. #65
    me
    me is offline
    Senior Member Array me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Shanandoah Valley VA
    Posts
    1,015
    Sounds to me like after the first time that he told them to buzz off he was in the right to legally draw the firearm when the guy continued to advance on him.

    If it was me, having 4 guy any of who may be able to out run me. I would not be able to easily retreat as I can not turn my back on them and I will not just give in.
    Mark

    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

    -James Earl Jones

  7. #66
    Senior Member Array wjh2657's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, Tennessee
    Posts
    1,167
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid View Post
    very good read.

    over here we have the right to defend our property "no that doesnt mean we can brandish either", the only thing I disagree is giving your money/wallet to me that reinforces their behaviour even if it's just a dollar.
    Problem here is, if you don't give it to him you have to be prepared to duke it out (without weapon.).You can defend property, we can't. There is some provision about stopping a felony crime against you but I don't carry that much cash on me (credit cards don't count, you can call). However, once he has been offered the money and keeps coming, it is pretty safe to assume he means deadly harm.

    Personaly I would rather be a witness than a defendent. The law in the latter case is not in my favor.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

  8. #67
    Member Array hybrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Home of little boy, NM
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    Problem here is, if you don't give it to him you have to be prepared to duke it out (without weapon.).You can defend property, we can't. There is some provision about stopping a felony crime against you but I don't carry that much cash on me (credit cards don't count, you can call). However, once he has been offered the money and keeps coming, it is pretty safe to assume he means deadly harm.

    Personaly I would rather be a witness than a defendent. The law in the latter case is not in my favor.
    I agree, I been in a similar situation gave only a dollar, and I hate myself for doing that I should of said I have no money leave me alone, or something.
    NO 3rd party disputes

    The power of imagination is the key to life.

    It helps you think ahead, consider the possibilities,and prepare you for the future.
    If you lack that ability, you're no different from livestock trapped behind a fence.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Funny concealed carry with an obviously OPEN carry holster I saw today...
    By targus in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 19th, 2010, 06:09 PM

Search tags for this page

where can i buy s & w airweight 642 revolver , 37416 area?

Click on a term to search for related topics.