Man Shot While Trying To Check In To Hotel

This is a discussion on Man Shot While Trying To Check In To Hotel within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is exactly why you should always carry when your feeling lazy and don't feel like strapping on your piece think about it again the ...

Thread: Man Shot While Trying To Check In To Hotel

This is exactly why you should always carry when your feeling lazy and don't feel like strapping on your piece think about it again the BG is not goin to call ahead and mke an appointment another reason to pocket carry as well Dead eye you were right on the money. Ok after reading this article what would you do this man was shot as he was complying once i dig in my pocket i may get one but i will return the favor.
    Man Shot While Trying To Check In To Hotel - Orlando News Story - WKMG Orlando

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A man on his way to check in at a University of Central Florida-area hotel was shot several times even though he complied with two robbers' demands, Orange County sheriff's deputies said.

The victim was airlifted to Orlando Regional Medical Center with what were believed to be non-life-threatening injuries after being shot at about 9:15 p.m. Monday in the parking lot of the Residence Inn, located at 11651 University Blvd.

The man was struck multiple times in the hand and buttocks, Orange County sheriff's deputies said.

2. Remove Ads

I'm a peace loving sort of guy, and while it may be sheepish to many on this forum, when I went to school (and lived in downtown Detroit) my motto was if you can't live with out it don't carry it off campus.

I was mugged a few times, was water off a duck's back. Just like the story on this thread, BG started shooting (smashing, stabbing, etc.) then checking the body. This changed my motto.
    Last edited by Thanis; December 2nd, 2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Ahh not good. I go to UCF and live a few minutes away. That's along my daily commute.

Yet another reason I cannot wait for my permit to arrive. 42 days and counting. The 60-90 days is nothing and totally worth it considering I had to move out of Illinois to even have the opportunity.

-Jeff-

This is the EXACT reason I call Jax and Orlando 'extra mag cities'...
    One can no longer just give them what they want and things will be OK...Not!
    We have to be more careful about where we go, keep the head on a swivel, trust no one...then practice and get training.

Stay armed...it's a nasty world out there...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

There is no honor among thieves and certainly not among cold blooded murder'n SOB's. Your life don't mean squat to these animals, watch your back.

Can't wait for my permit to arrive. Started carrying in my vehicle under the "castle doctrine" I don't want to be a sheep anymore.

Yikes, nothing is sacred anymore.
    Trying to leave as large a carbon footprint as possible.
    Shivering in the "heat"
    Innocent as doves, wise as serpents, armed like wolves.

We've stayed in that area a few times for work, and on more than one occasion i would have loved to had a gun. It's shady down there when you get East or West of Alafaya. We were checked in by a security guard at this place. We actually woke one morning to the sound of someone messing with our door, like an entry card being slid in repeatedly. 5 minutes later, the same sound except this time the lock actuated and the door opened. Luckily we had hooked the chain stop the night before. Next thing we know there's a spanish fella poking his face in the door gap telling us we're in his room and that he has items in there. We told him there was nothing in the room when we checked in and to [Edited] We were staying there again that night, but wisely took all our items w/ us that morning when we left. We came back at 5pm that day to find someone had gone through the room. The window latch was also left unlocked...which made me wonder if someone was planning on paying us a visit later that night. As we left the following morning, we noticed the screen pulled out of the window in the room next to us.
    Needless to say the next time i had to go to Orlando for work i stayed at the Hilton, farther north, closer to UCF. Keep your guard up in that area for sure!
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; December 3rd, 2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Deleted a language workaround.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    The problem may be a lack of trigger control on the part of the BG. Wonder how many robberies turn into shootings because the BG can't keep his booger hook off the bang switch?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Links