Hand went to gun - Page 2

Hand went to gun

This is a discussion on Hand went to gun within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good situational awareness,underwear remained serviceable, good job...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hand went to gun

Good situational awareness,underwear remained serviceable, good job
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I was in a similar situation when I was in Downtown Los Angeles (near Skid Row), As I sat in the drivers seat waiting at a light to get on the freeway on-ramp, a "window washer" approached my car on my side.

As I had my window cracked a few inches, I said to him in a firm voice, "back the **** away from the vehicle!". As he stopped and slowly backed away, he mumbled at me rhetorically, "what are you a cop?".

I now realize that my firm tone of voice must have conveyed enough authority to give that impression. I wish I had a gun (legally) like you did.

I think you did fine as well.
    Bitter and clinging to my guns and my religion.

Administrator
    Glad that it all worked out OK.

Every scenario works out OK though as long as the threat turns out not to be a threat.

Let's take it one step further though.

Since this is what could have easily happened and you'll really be able to relate to it since your actual situation already got your heart rate going.

You are armed in the passenger seat.

Your Wife is "seat belted in" and is between you and the approaching threat.

Your vehicle cannot move forward or to the rear...(I'm best guessing from your posted scenario.)

He has approached your vehicle on the drivers side.

What If.........he had a rock and then quickly smashed the drivers side window and grabbed for your Wife?

How exactly would you have reacted then?

What would your exact actions have been?

It would have only taken a second or two more for the above to have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Glad that it all worked out OK.

Every scenario works out OK though as long as the threat turns out not to be a threat.

Let's take it one step further though.

Since this is what could have easily happened and you'll really be able to relate to it since your actual situation already got your heart rate going.

You are armed in the passenger seat.

Your Wife is "seat belted in" and is between you and the approaching threat.

Your vehicle cannot move forward or to the rear...(I'm best guessing from your posted scenario.)

He has approached your vehicle on the drivers side.

What If.........he had a rock and then quickly smashed the drivers side window and grabbed for your Wife?

How exactly would you have reacted then?

What would your exact actions have been?

It would have only taken a second or two more for the above to have happened.
    With my left (non-dominant) hand I would shield my fiances face and simultaneously exert pressure to make sure she doesn't lean forward, then i would draw and fire a contact shot into the intruder in an attempt to stop his action as I would be afraid for my fiances life because the man had a bludgeoning device (rock).

For all those who asked, she shook her head at the guy because she assumed he was trying to panhandle. She's very good at following directions when a situation doesn't feel right. I don't know if she noticed me going for my gun.

BTW, I received my Winchester Ranger Talons for my .357SIG and showed her the difference between those and the Speer Gold Dots I usually carry. She was quite impressed at the six talons that expand when the round is fired into a liquid based medium :). I ordered my ammo from G&R Tactical (G&R Tactical).

Thanks for all the reassurance guys!
    "People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people".
    -- V for Vendetta

NRA Associate Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links