Where do you carry your money?

This is a discussion on Where do you carry your money? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In the cities, I use a decoy wallet on my right butt. I keep everything important in an ankle band. If I'm not in the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you carry your money?

In the cities, I use a decoy wallet on my right butt. I keep everything important in an ankle band.

If I'm not in the cities and at home in peaceful NH, Everythings where it should be all the time, including the wheel guns. Bars, clubs and restaurants are all fair game too.

2. Remove Ads

around here the front shirt pocket would probably be the worst place to carry cash. Most of the migrant farm workers don't have bank accounts and commonly carry thousands of dollars in that location. They're an easy target for the gangbangers and thugs.

That being said, cash and plastic goes in the front pocket.
    When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Small clip fold is at 7:00...IWB/SOB is at 5:00...I can get the Kimber faster than the clip...

Stay armed...more importantly, stay yellowish-orange...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    When I was a kid I often carried my money inside my SHOE ! Maybe not a bad idea to start doing it again Can you imagine eating out in a nice restaurant, then digging through your shoe to pay the check?

While at work here on the farm, I typically don't carry a wallet.....it's in my way and easy to lose. If I go to town I typically carry it in my back right pocket. If I feel I need it, I carry a dummy wallet sometimes (as in going to New Orleans).

You know they make a wallet type of thing that you hang around your neck and wear under your shirt. My elderly father went overseas a while back and we got him one for his passport, credit card, cash, etc. Hardly no way he could lose it.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I have siatica and a wallet in the seat pocket aggrivates it so what little cash I have goes in the front left pocket in a wallet. I pocket carry in the front right.

VIP Member
    I'm married, I don't get to carry cash!

Seriously though, I carry my cash in a money clip in my left pocket. My gun is on my right hip just in front (4 o'clock) of my wallet in my right pocket. Depending on the awareness and demeanor of a BG would depend on which one he gets.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Drivers license with home address, Nassau County Pistol Lic, Forida state ID and CCW,Buisness debit card,State license for armed guard in left front pocket with extra mag for glock 26

Drivers license with PO Box address, credit cards, PBA cards, and cash in front left pocket.

Glock 26 IWB at 3.30 right side.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I carry more cash than plastic. Left front pocket with a money clip. Throw down wallet with a few bucks in my back pocket. I like buying ammo and guns (used) on a moments notice. I don't like traceability.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    BG: "give me your money!"

Me: "What money?"

BG: "all your money; now"

Me: "I don't have any money, I spent it all on my gun. (and those expensive hollow point rounds)"

edit: does anyone know where I could find a wallet that looks like a Glock magazine? Maybe I should make one. I think it would be fairly cool...

Close, Seecamp make a .32 that fits inside a wallet. checkout L.W. Seecamp Co. - Home of the Seecamp 32 and Seecamp 380 Pistols

Senior Moderator
    I carry my money in my wife's purse
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    My wife carries the money, I just ride shotgun.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

Anything over $100 cash goes into the top of my sock. If I were carrying large amounts of cash on a regular basis the bulk of it would go into a money belt and a couple of hundred would be kept for the "donation".

This thread got me thinking. I usually carry my wallet in my back pocket (carry side). I read in other threads about using a fake wallet, sounds like a good idea. I ran across this hidden pocket. Anyone use one? I wonder if it would fit a 1 1/2" gunbelt?

hidden wallet.jpg

Everything under a hundred I carry in my wallet...everything over gets folded in half and put in my right front pocket. I like the idea of a throw down wallet, just havn't managed to get one. Lazyness that will no doubt come back to bite me.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links