Where do you carry your money?

This is a discussion on Where do you carry your money? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I was about 12 my father put me on the Rock Island Rocket train from Minneapolis to Kansas City to stay with my relatives ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

When I was about 12 my father put me on the Rock Island Rocket train from Minneapolis to Kansas City to stay with my relatives and work on the farm during the summer. Just before getting on the train he had me put a $20 in my shirt pocket. He told me if I was robbed to give up what ever I had in my pants pockets but that the bad guy would not likely find the $20 which I could use for the emergency and phone calls etc.

To this day art age 61 I still always carry a bit of backup in my shirt pocket. Now itís my bank cash card as times have changed a bit. I do most always wear shirts with button down pockets however. Iíve never been mugged but still feel better having a backup source of funds.

Of course my 45 does help me feel more secure as well and I always carry 2 backup clips for that as well. Not in my shirt pocket though LOL.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

I carry my money within inches of my holster. That way any robbery of me is just like a box of chocolates. The robber "never knows what he's going to get".
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

I carry cash in a money clip in my right pocket, and I carry my 642 in my left pocket; robbers get the left pocket.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

The little cash I carry goes in the wallet. If I happen to have a significant amount of cash, a little goes in the wallet (in case I am relieved of it) and the rest goes elsewhere.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I don't carry cash, stopped doing so over a decade ago.
    My wallet is full of plastic which I keep and carry in my rear pocket.
    I've been mugged before and seen many people fall victim to same on the street. They don't ask. They demand you turn out your front pockets and remove what's in your back pockets, and take your purse. Or they do it for you. Shirt and coat pockets are checked as well.
    Hoping that they might allow you to select a pocket from which to provide a donation is a possibility but I would not bet nor expect as much but from a novice or someone who is not fully committed.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I don't carry much anymore.It 's in my back pocket in my wallet.My glock 17 is 3:00 on the right side of my hip.

When I have money (which isn't very often) it's in a bi-fold type wallet with the external money clip. The wallet is always in my front pocket. I no longer carry in my rear pocket due to experiences in the Chicagoland area.

-Jeff-

Don't carry cash much anymore, just the plastic and XD45.
    Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. - Thomas Jefferson

in wallet.

trousers/jeans:left side pocket. (right sidepocket holds keys, knife and such)

or in either of the thigh pockets if i wear bdu pants (and know im not going to need the wallet)

and sometimes its connected to chain or one of those retractable keychains. (esp handy on those drinking nights)

-wont drop the wallet far, can pull it up from the cord without staggering around and falling to my face.
    -cant forget it anywhere as it hangs from my pants.
    -and if someone tries to relieve me from it, it wont go far without me feeling the yank of the chain. (BG is still within arms reach)

winter time can also keep it in my jacket, inside chest pocket.

never in backpocket. never in money clip.
    loose bills only when i have misplaced my wallet. (see i NEED the chain on it, even when sober)

always when traveling cash is in 2 or 3 locations. (one part wallet, one part carry on bag, one part in other luggage.. if loose one, still have some left)

i dont use plastic. as its not money to me. i know how much i spend if i really use every dime by taking it out of my wallet. nothing costs anything when you pay it with a creditcard. (i have one, just prefer not to use it)

test it sometime.
    -buy that next gun with handing each of the 20s one by one to the storeclerk and you realise better how much that 500 really is.

VIP Member
    I don't usually carry more than a few dollars. I don't really care if someone gets my wallet except that it is a pain to replace: DL, CHL, SAM's Card, Library Card, ATM Card, Credit Card (2), health insurance cards (2), medical advisory card (implant), AAA card, and probably a few I have forgotten about.

I don't care for the new "biometric/data mining/ data collection universe we live in, but wouldn't it be nice in a perverse way if all we needed to have with us was our thumb print; all else instantly recognized? Then, no need for a wallet at all. And nothing for thief to steal except your identity; unless they cut off your thumb-- oops. Bad idea.

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    I dont carry much cash anymore. The most amount of cash I will carry on me is about 200 dollars.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Usually around $100, and it is in my front right pocket.
    A small flip wallet in my front left pocket with my drivers license, debit card, 1 credit card, and my concealed carry permit.

I just carry in my wallet, right hip pocket. Where you carry is less important then what you carry.
    كافر

In my wallet and I don't lay down for scum, gun or not. I don't reccommend this approach, but it's worked before for me. If I think the idiot has a hot finger, he can have my wallet; but, it better be convincing.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

I think the better question is do you carry a gun every time you carry money?

Is your handgun like you AMEX card (Don't Leave Home without it)

Carry a gun with you at all times and then it makes no differnce where you carry your cash....

Just me $0.02 and that's probably all it's worth.

Tom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links