Over Concerned about Over Penetration? (Long) - Page 2

Over Concerned about Over Penetration? (Long)

This is a discussion on Over Concerned about Over Penetration? (Long) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My Kimber is always the back up for bumps in the night. My reworked Stoeger Coach Gun Supreme is in home 'greeter'...all 12ga 00 buck...it'll ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Over Concerned about Over Penetration? (Long)

My Kimber is always the back up for bumps in the night. My reworked Stoeger Coach Gun Supreme is in home 'greeter'...all 12ga 00 buck...it'll work just fine.
    I am cognizant of neighbor's houses, but I will shoot to stop the threat and let the pieces fall where they may.

Stay armed...protect the home front...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

This is something that is a very big deal to me. I do live in an apartment and am worried about overpenetration particulary when defending the front door. Here is the trickey part. I am not so much worried about someone kicking it in... I am more worried about the time I do open up. I do try to keep the door shut and ask who it is and I have chosen not to answer the door a few times. Safety Slugs are all I can think of for the existing 9mm other than a light 12 gauge load, but the shotgun doesnt come till Christmas...
    "The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them." Mark Twain

Birdshot

My go to HD shotgun is loaded with Federal "Flite Control" #6 shot. I have used Federal's #2 Personal Protection load in the past, but the Flite Control patterns better by design. The #2 load has a spreader built into the wad and puts less pellets on target. I am not a fanatic for deep penetration at all costs. I have no doubt that the FC load will change the outcome of a fight in my favor at the ranges I would have to fire.

And if that fails, there's always the UZI...

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    And if that fails, there's always the UZI...
    I'd go with the Uzi first

I haven't tested Heavy Shot or the like yet for HD but some of the new sporting loads might make a good HD round.

But I still say peneatration is the king
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links