Carrying at Work, I hope I get this one right and not get post removed.

This is a discussion on Carrying at Work, I hope I get this one right and not get post removed. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Being at work should not be a factor. If your life or the lives of others are in danger, than respond appropriately. Period. -JT...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carrying at Work, I hope I get this one right and not get post removed.

Being at work should not be a factor. If your life or the lives of others are in danger, than respond appropriately.

Period.

-JT

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    if i saw any innocent people being shot down, no matter where it was. i would try to stop the shooter.
    +2

I think part of what is wrong with our country is that we have lost our desire to help others.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Thats what is great about being a owner of your own company, nobody to answer to.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    +2

I think part of what is wrong with our country is that we have lost our desire to help others.
    yep
    كافر

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    +2

Agreed, to a point. When the legal consequences of helping others becomes higher, people help less. THAT is the problem.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Senior Moderator
    When the legal consequences of helping others becomes higher, people help less. THAT is the problem.
    That is because they let lesser men than themselves dictate how to act or how not to act.

When the "golden rule" of treating others how you want to be treated, becomes legally incorrect, society starts the downward spiral to oblivion.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    When the legal consequences of helping others becomes higher, people help less. THAT is the problem.
    Very profound statement! And I agree wholeheartedly!

For me it's a "play it as you see it unfold" type of thing.

But I am highly cognizant of the fact that a lot of people who do good deeds get hammered and hammered hard by the good 'ole Dept. of Justice.

I am also a medic of 30 years now and spent 15 of my younger years in the fire/rescue service as well... It's my nature to risk safety to help others.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    No one innocent dies if I can help it, at work or not. The world is messed up enough, without good men doing nothing. If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem. I'm almost out of my current job anyway and then my job will be to "serve and protect". Ironic, going from a would be fired for having a gun job, to a would be fired for not having a gun job.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Being LEO for over 25 years, it's ingrained in me to respond.
    Id say just play it by ear, if you can get a shot!
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

I keep my gun in my car as company policy does not allow for me to carry. By the time I ran out to the car I think police would have arrived. I would afterward inform HR how I told them when I signed the policy how they were not keeping me safe by disarming me. I would make sure as many people as possible would know I may have been able to stop the carnage but for the stupid policy of the company. They disarmed me which put all of us in jeopardy. I am now traumatized. I think a $10 million dollar law suit is in order.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Depending on the laws in your state you could be spending time in prison for your actions. Also the possibility of being sued is someting to be considered.
    Is it selfish to consider these things? How well will your family live if you are imprisoned? What if you lose the money you had set aside for your kids college in a lawsuit? Still selfish?

Our society no longer looks on these actions as heroic. They see these actions as harsh. If society approved of common citizens helping they wouldnt have made it so hard.
    Maybe I am selfish, but my families welfare comes before all others. I'm not happy with it, but thats the way it is now days.

Michael

What would Dilbert do?

But seriously now, have to play it as you see it. If a target presents itself I would take the shot. I don't know if I would go hunting though.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

There was a case here in Florida. A super for an apartment building, who was also a resident, used is private gun to defend another tenant. The shooting was ruled justified, so he had no issues from the law. However, he was still fired. The company owning the building had a "no weapons" rule. The rule only applied to employees, not tenants. If I remember right, they had issue with him using the weapon, not him owning it. He was free to own whatever weapon and keep it in his private apartment.

The story was heavily covered in the local papers, and there was a big public outcry. I am not sure if he got his job back in the end.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Depending on the laws in your state you could be spending time in prison for your actions. Also the possibility of being sued is someting to be considered.
    Is it selfish to consider these things? How well will your family live if you are imprisoned? What if you lose the money you had set aside for your kids college in a lawsuit? Still selfish?

Our society no longer looks on these actions as heroic. They see these actions as harsh. If society approved of common citizens helping they wouldnt have made it so hard.
    Maybe I am selfish, but my families welfare comes before all others. I'm not happy with it, but thats the way it is now days.

Michael

Hello mlr1m,

Let's just hope that if your families welfare is placed in this type

of danger there is someone there that doesn't believe the

same as you. No disrespect intended...just sayin'.

Safety First...Keep your groups tight,

mM

Quote Originally Posted by mikeMAGNUM View Post
    Hello mlr1m,

Let's just hope that if your families welfare is placed in this type

of danger there is someone there that doesn't believe the

same as you. No disrespect intended...just saying'.

Safety First...Keep your groups tight,

mM
    No offense taken. I only posted my reply after reading many of the posts where folks say they would jump in immediately. I just wondered if they had thought about the consequences to their families?
    I would honestly hope that I would jump in to help but I also hope I never find out if I would.

I know that most men react differently to stress when their families are close by. Can any of us really say the possible hardships society would place on our families cloud our thinking?
    I hope none of us have to find out.

Michael

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links