Carrying at Work, I hope I get this one right and not get post removed. - Page 3

Carrying at Work, I hope I get this one right and not get post removed.

This is a discussion on Carrying at Work, I hope I get this one right and not get post removed. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I will respond with some qualifications. This is how I think I would respond, who knows how things would actually play out. My answers are ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Arrow

I will respond with some qualifications.

This is how I think I would respond, who knows how things would actually play out.

My answers are bases on the AOJ principles.

IF:
    I with my own eyes, saw some stranger shoot a co-worker, there is no way my conscience would allow me to do anything other than stop the threat. If I can see him, he can shoot me. (AOJ) Clearly a clean shoot, I stopped a threat to MY life as well as others.

IF:
    I heard gunfire in my building on someone screamed "Gun", I would start dialing 911 from my mobile as I ran from the building. (AO-J) My life was not in Jeopardy, I am not LEO, I have many friends at work, but my wife and kids NEED ME home tonight.

IF:
    My wife worked in the building, this answer changes quickly. I would dial 911 while attempting to secure her, then take one of the two above actions as the situation warranted.

These scenarios are good to keep the brain sharp.

-Soular

Brave men run in my family. We run fast.

I have taken the time to learn how to be proficient with a firearm and aquire the permits to CC to protect myself and the ones I love. What has my fellow citizen done to protect themselves? Until the lion lays down with the lamb, some were born to be sheep. It reminds me of Mathew 25:8-9, "And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'"

It would really depend on the situation. My #1 goal would be survivor mode. I would not risk another's life to save mine. If I could save others, without going into martyr mode, I would. I would do anything if my wife was at risk. If I had children, I would do the same for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Soular View Post
    I will respond with some qualifications.

This is how I think I would respond, who knows how things would actually play out.

My answers are bases on the AOJ principles.

IF:
    I with my own eyes, saw some stranger shoot a co-worker, there is no way my conscience would allow me to do anything other than stop the threat. If I can see him, he can shoot me. (AOJ) Clearly a clean shoot, I stopped a threat to MY life as well as others.

IF:
    I heard gunfire in my building on someone screamed "Gun", I would start dialing 911 from my mobile as I ran from the building. (AO-J) My life was not in Jeopardy, I am not LEO, I have many friends at work, but my wife and kids NEED ME home tonight.

IF:
    My wife worked in the building, this answer changes quickly. I would dial 911 while attempting to secure her, then take one of the two above actions as the situation warranted.

These scenarios are good to keep the brain sharp.

-Soular
    +1 on everything you said.

David

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links