What do you say?

This is a discussion on What do you say? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I always have a knife, pepper spray, a flashlight and a gun on me. If threatened the pepper spray would be for less than lethal ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What do you say?

I always have a knife, pepper spray, a flashlight and a gun on me. If threatened the pepper spray would be for less than lethal threats. We all know what the gun is for.

Problem with only carrying a gun is it's not always the right tool for the situation.
    "Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to Continue that Counts"
    Sir Winston Churchill

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    That was good luck. It could have ended badly because there was no "legal" cause for drawing your gun. OTOH---maybe not a lot of real choice in the matter.
    In our class, the retired DPS detective told us a simialr situation that IS lawful...

In Texas, if you cross the street to avoid an individual(s) and they cross to intercept, that is a threat. You are well within your right to pull your weapon in defense. If they continue towards you, force is lawful.

There's been a few so-and-so vs. the State of Texas on this, but I'm not sure of the names.

Now, I'm sure there needs to be more to it, like two or three of them, staring you down, agressively moving towards you, etc. I can't see drawing my weapon on some guy crossing at the same time I did, but if THEY crossed, then crossed with me again, that may be a different story!

Jonathan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links