More ammo for my wife.

This is a discussion on More ammo for my wife. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been trying to get my wife to even shoot a gun. Getting her to think about her permit is even more of a stretch. ...

Thread: More ammo for my wife.

More ammo for my wife.

I've been trying to get my wife to even shoot a gun. Getting her to think about her permit is even more of a stretch. Retsup99 has suggested in an earlier post that I keep on bringing this stuff to her attention. However, this little tidbit of news, along with some theatrics, has her thinking more about her safety and the safety of our children when she is out shopping. The places in this article are places we frequent often. She asked me tonight if I thought it was safe to visit one of the places tomorrow to do some shopping. I said, not without me or some protection.

Although there isn't enough detail in the article on the four guys who mugged the guy outside of the Giant, what do you all think?
    Police: 3 Robbed at Shopping Malls|abc27 News

2. Remove Ads

I don't know how your wife would respond, but neither did I when I bought my wife a Henry youth lever action .22 rifle.

I was pleased to find how much she liked it (she thought the stock was really pretty.)

Been shootin' ever since, and has had her CCW for over 4 years now.
    Our favorite thing to do on our annivirsary is to go to the range and spend the day shooting.

Try it, and if she doesn't go for it, you got yourself another plinkin rifle!
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

My wife had never fired a gun before we met, not an anti, just hadn't been around guns growing up. She was glad I had guns for protection, but didn't have much interest in shooting or carrying until a few scary incidents convinced her to learn to shoot. I took her shooting a few times, and then we took our ccw class together. After trying several different guns, she settled on a G26 for carry. Even though she became a fair shot, she still didn't really enjoy practicing.

Then I bought a Ruger 10-22. She loves shooting that thing, and has become an excelent shot with it. If I had it to do over, I would have started her on a 22, rather than the .38 she fired first.

Anyway, I would recomend anybody who wants to teach someone to shoot to start with a .22 rifle. Not intimidating, almost no recoil, relatively quiet, and accurate enough to build confidence rapidly.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

use caution when sending any new information to your wife. it can backfire.
    "your constant fixation on this was EERIE and that I DID NOT LIKE IT"

direct quote from mine.
    I have stoped sending her anything.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

The first step could be to introduce her to the fun of 22 plinking.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Well folks, she grew up on a farm and has been around guns. The problem is she is a teacher and most of her colleagues for the last 25+ years have been mostly liberal anti's. I understand what tbrenke means and I have to be careful not to over stimulate her senses.

Thanks for the advice!

Links