Under age Gangbanger Tagging my Work Truck - Page 2

Under age Gangbanger Tagging my Work Truck

This is a discussion on Under age Gangbanger Tagging my Work Truck within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by chuck2780 About a month ago I went out to start my truck for work and noticed some little punk "tagged", or spray ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43

Thread: Under age Gangbanger Tagging my Work Truck

  1. #16
    Member Array carver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    East TX
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck2780 View Post
    About a month ago I went out to start my truck for work and noticed some little punk "tagged", or spray painted my truck.
    I was needless to say enraged. I quickly grabbed the rubbing compound and scrubbed it off with 4000 grit wet sand discs. It came off succesfully. The next night I had a hard time sleeping and was pacing every half hour checking out the window determined to catch this person. Around 1:30 AM I was about to turn in and checked out the window on my truck again and saw what looked like a black coat or a shoulder sticking off the side of my truck. I grabbed a bat and ran outside quickly. He must have heard me cause he was already 20 yds away riding his bike. I called the sheriff and they came within minutes as they normally patrol my area because of frequent neiborhood problems. I looked across the way as I saw a kid on a bike riding to a stop with the sheriff's lights and spot on him. I walked over there and watched as they pulled 6 cans of paint out of his back pack. Finally I caught someone. Now my question is what can I do to protect myself against a minor legally, can I swing on him and cuff him, till the sheriff shows up ? Can I draw my 45 and hold him at gunpoint not knowing if he's armed ? Also if this was an adult vandalising my property what can I do using the same scenario ? I live in Washington State, as far as laws are concerned just for info sake. Thanks for the help.
    What is a human life worth? I think that in this case there really isn't much you can do. Install some lights, or maybe a camera, call LEO's. That's about it. You can't lay a hand on a minor, unless he is threatening you.
    Y'all be safe now, ya hear!

    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson


  2. #17
    Member Array FireAir7215's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    208
    I rather using pepper stray to a minor instead of drawing my weapon to a minor. The only thing I will draw a weapon to a minor if he has a handgun on their hand and pointed their gun toward me. IMO

    Just hope that will never happens.
    Last edited by HotGuns; December 28th, 2008 at 03:34 PM. Reason: bad advice

  3. #18
    Senior Moderator
    Array HotGuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    15,054
    Something else to ponder...

    We had some punk tag one of our cop cars. The officer that was assigned the car had it parked in his driveway and it was a new car, not two weeks old. Needless to say, the officer was enraged.

    Blue spray paint on white Crown Vic. It wasnt good.

    Getting spray paint off a vehicle is easy.

    Just take a can of WD-40 and spray the affected area. Take a soft cloth and wipe it off. Comes off nice and easy like. It only took a few minutes and once done, you couldn't tell it had ever been sprayed.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.


    AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

  4. #19
    Member Array sigman232's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    59
    I would think a keeping a good coat of wax on the vehicle would keep the paint from adhering too well. The clay definitely works to remove it.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."


    --Thomas Jefferson

  5. #20
    GPS
    GPS is offline
    Member Array GPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    104
    I kinda like the idea that they came up with in the Far East for spraying graffitti, six licks with a ratan sword cane delivered by a martial artists to the kid's rump. You can bet he would never spray paint anything again, and probably wouldn't be able to sit down for a month!
    Cordially,
    GPS

    Visit U.S. Concealed Carry - The Ultimate Resource for the Armed Citizen http://www.usconcealedcarry.com/inde...ffID=GStrecker

  6. #21
    Member Array concealed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by GPS View Post
    I kinda like the idea that they came up with in the Far East for spraying graffitti, six licks with a ratan sword cane delivered by a martial artists to the kid's rump. You can bet he would never spray paint anything again, and probably wouldn't be able to sit down for a month!
    Ah yes, but here a parent cannot enough punish a child without fear someone will call Social Services.

  7. #22
    jfl
    jfl is offline
    Distinguished Member Array jfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach County, FL
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by FireAir7215 View Post
    I rather using pepper stray to a minor instead of drawing my weapon to a minor. The only thing I will draw a weapon to a minor if he has a handgun on their hand and pointed their gun toward me. IMO

    Just hope that will never happens.
    If he has a weapon in his hand, pointed at you, you are way behind the curve, and about to assume room temperature (aka DRT) ...
    Juveniles today have absolutely no concern for human life.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

    jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

  8. #23
    Member Array akhimark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    York, SC
    Posts
    85
    I like this idea, but with a significant amount of juice.

    Kid Shocked While Stealing McCain Yard Sign [VIDEO]

  9. #24
    Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Texas, in the RGV
    Posts
    747
    I don't really care about the legality of the situation. I'm not big on the idea of trading a human life for a car stereo or a new paint job for my car.

    Sorry if this makes me look weak...

  10. #25
    jfl
    jfl is offline
    Distinguished Member Array jfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach County, FL
    Posts
    1,485
    New York City Girl, 15, Charged With Two Homicides

    FoxNews
    NEW YORK A 15-year-old Bronx girl has been charged with two homicides including the death of a man whose dismembered body was found in a plastic bag.

    Sharell Butler was arraigned late Saturday and charged as an adult with murder in the deaths of 24-year-old Christopher Umpierre on Dec. 19 and 22-year-old John Hopkins-Drago on Dec. 21.

    A Bronx building superintendent found Hopkins-Drago's body stuffed in a garbage bag. The medical examiner's office said the cause of death was stab wounds to his head, torso and extremities.

    Prosecutors said Umpierre was shot in the chest during a home invasion robbery involving Butler and others.


    No further comments ...
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

    jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

  11. #26
    VIP Member Array farronwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,828
    Techincally, in Texas you can shoot them for spray painting your vehicle during the night time. It falls under criminal mischief and deadly force is authorized during the nighttime.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

  12. #27
    Senior Member Array nosights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    God bless the USA!
    Posts
    568
    I doubt to many of us are advocating shooting mearly for tagging your vehicle. BUT, if when you confront him (and I would) I would be armed and ready to defend and protect (police are already on the way at this time.)

    Ask yourself "What would Charles Bronson do?"
    Pray for our nations leaders!

  13. #28
    Member Array bigiceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    491
    No one here is advocating whilly-nilly shooting of anyone over spray painting or other mischief. Legally in the state of the original poster, that is not authorized, some places (TX) it is. Some people seem to be making excuses for the actions if it is a kid. Don't be stupid. Kids kill people all the time. They are not innocent little angels who just got in with the wrong crowd or are doing something that is just harmless fun. You have to approach anyone willing to commit a crime as if they are willing to commit greater crimes.

    Some people can sit inside and let all manner of things be done to their property, some cannot. I cannot. If someone is messing with my stuff I will go to stop them. I will go armed, because I don't know what they are willing to do, and I want to stop their actions, not become a corpse. The gun will be in my hand along my leg out of sight ready to come to my defense, if needed, or to hold them if they are in the act of a serious crime (i.e. hot-wiring my car). Cops don't stop crime, they respond to it. Even here in the city I live in the reaction time for major offences is in the minutes, and some punk in my driveway may not get a response at all (unless I tell them I am going outside with a gun, then they come really fast).
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

    Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

  14. #29
    Senior Member Array dripster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck2780 View Post
    About a month ago I went out to start my truck for work and noticed some little punk "tagged", or spray painted my truck.
    I was needless to say enraged. I quickly grabbed the rubbing compound and scrubbed it off with 4000 grit wet sand discs. It came off succesfully. The next night I had a hard time sleeping and was pacing every half hour checking out the window determined to catch this person. Around 1:30 AM I was about to turn in and checked out the window on my truck again and saw what looked like a black coat or a shoulder sticking off the side of my truck. I grabbed a bat and ran outside quickly. He must have heard me cause he was already 20 yds away riding his bike. I called the sheriff and they came within minutes as they normally patrol my area because of frequent neiborhood problems. I looked across the way as I saw a kid on a bike riding to a stop with the sheriff's lights and spot on him. I walked over there and watched as they pulled 6 cans of paint out of his back pack. Finally I caught someone. Now my question is what can I do to protect myself against a minor legally, can I swing on him and cuff him, till the sheriff shows up ? Can I draw my 45 and hold him at gunpoint not knowing if he's armed ? Also if this was an adult vandalising my property what can I do using the same scenario ? I live in Washington State, as far as laws are concerned just for info sake. Thanks for the help.
    Drawing your weapon on a kid spray painting, is a very bad idea. I know most states you can only use physical force to protect property, drawing that weapon is upping the use of force. Don't get jammed up.
    One more step and it's on!

  15. #30
    Member Array The Arverni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    131
    Can you sue his parents in civil court?
    Yes, the world has gotten smaller, but it will always be too big to be ruled by unelected bureaucrats.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. GOOD: Gangbanger Possibly Takes Himself Out Of The Gene Pool - Yakima, WA
    By CT-Mike in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: April 24th, 2008, 09:50 AM
  2. It's 0200 and you see your work truck getting cleaned out
    By Sticks in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: February 25th, 2008, 04:47 PM
  3. Ultimate truck gun, or truck mounted laser
    By Dakotaranger in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: August 3rd, 2007, 07:52 PM

Search tags for this page

christopher umpierre bronx
,
gang banger tagin
,
gangbanger tags
,
gangbangers under age
,

how to work with my truck grabbed

,
idpa concealment underage
Click on a term to search for related topics.