Home Invasion Scenario - Page 2

Home Invasion Scenario

This is a discussion on Home Invasion Scenario within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by flaboatbum Not Really 1 knot = 1.136 mph 1 nautical mile = 6000 feet 1 Satute mile = 5280 feet Irrelevant. The ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by flaboatbum View Post
    Not Really
    1 knot = 1.136 mph 1 nautical mile = 6000 feet 1 Satute mile = 5280 feet
    Irrelevant. The answer is 42.

While I like the idea of a flashbang more than some sort of gas... I still think a good light followed by judicious use of high velocity lead keeps it simple, and simple is usually more reliable.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

The answer is NOT 42. It was a trick question. The answer is 43...I knew I would get some people of thes one!

"A swallow carring a coconut?"... "It could have grabed it by the husk!"..."A 1/2 lb sparrow carring a 2 lb coconut?"..." What if it was an African Swallow?"

Back on point (a little anyway). I would not be using a pepper spray "grenade" for the reasons stated above. And I am quite certain my .45 will back a flash just before a loud bang (light faster than sound and all), I am 100% sure that this will "dissorient" the BG.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

3.5 inch Turkey shot & Sure Fire 6p will stop BG

"If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Houses are laid out screwy here in FL. In the one I'm in, the master is on one side, and the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th BR (read: kid's rooms) on the other. There's a kitchen, living, and family room in between. If I were to simply hide in my BR, my kids would be unprotected. It's a very bad layout. I'm more used to my northern home, with all the BR's upstairs, and close together. It's a lot safer and easier to defend. Just sit at the end of the hallway, and blast any one who comes up the stairs (after first accounting for all the kids, of course).

A DVD that I saw recommended that you secure your family in a safe room where you should have a good light, cell phone and your HD gun.
    Call 911 and once the pertinent info is given to the dispatcher make a statement like "I have a gun and intend to use it!" so it gets recorded on the call. This is intended to help with the entire incident if required.
    It stated that one should never go through your home unless you need to secure a family member.

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    Yeh, thats great if you want to shoot up your house to find out the noise you heard was your cat knocking something over.
    Yup, I sure am glad that I spent the big bucks on a Surefire fore-end so I could just blindly start blowing my house apart at any bump in the night rather than using the light for it's intended purpose of identifying a potential target first, y'know...like a responsible gun owner.

Speaking of the surefire, and I'm not saying this is a good idea, but it could be used as a flash-bang minus the bang, right? Put it on one of the super hi-lumen settings in strobe and chuck it in your living room. That would disorient and confuse the heck out of me if I was trying to creep around.

Still, probably a better idea to use it to ID the guy if you actually have to leave your room.

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    Yeh, thats great if you want to shoot up your house to find out the noise you heard was your cat knocking something over.

On the other hand, I got up one night thinking the noise I heard was the cat knocking something off the counter and it turned out to be someone breaking through my front door with a crowbar. Luckily I keep a second shotgun in the living room closet loaded with #3 buckshot.

I couldn't care less about my walls. Someone breaking into my home WILL be stopped by the most effective means possible. To that end, I keep two shotguns in different areas loaded with #3 buckshot, a dedicated bedside 1911 loaded with 230gr. HP and my carry gun(s) on the bedside table, fully loaded.

The plan now is the same as it was the night of our break in: My wife calls 911 from behind cover in our bedroom (armed of course) while I guard the door with a shotgun until the police arrive.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by rgoers View Post
    Houses are laid out screwy here in FL. In the one I'm in, the master is on one side, and the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th BR (read: kid's rooms) on the other. There's a kitchen, living, and family room in between... It's a lot safer and easier to defend. Just sit at the end of the hallway, and blast any one who comes up the stairs .

The Florida floor plans are great. Arm the kids and you'll have the BG surrounded as long as they are in the central area. Having a 2 story with all of the bedrooms upstairs just makes it easy for a BG to keep you up there while his buddy cleans out the first floor.

J/k
    " with all this natural selection going on, why doesn't the human race get any smarter ? Is this it ? Why are there still so many stupid people ? Apparently, being a real dumb jackoff has some survival value. " George Carlin, R.I.P.
    SA XDm .40
    Sig P232 .380
    AR15 Project

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links