Code Orange last night!

This is a discussion on Code Orange last night! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was laying in bed last night almost asleep watching Terminator 2 on AMC, when about 0030 my 15 year old daughter and her friend who ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Code Orange last night!

Code Orange last night!

Was laying in bed last night almost asleep watching Terminator 2 on AMC, when about 0030 my 15 year old daughter and her friend who spent the night came into my upstairs bedroom in a panic they were downstairs and said someone was knocking very hard on side kitchen door. told them to stay put grabbed my 1911 headed downstairs to kitchen my 18 year old daughter still alseep in her downstairs room . kicked on all flood lights 360 around house and was thinking who comes pounding on a door after midnight, unless its neighbor with an emergency . Swept the perimeter and no one to be found if it had been a neighbor surley they'd still be there? well needless to say not a good night sleep would wake up check gun and flashlight look out upstairs window sweeping streets nothing.Very strange indeed.
    "If you want peace, prepare for war." Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Old Paratroopers never die , we just regroup!!
    82nd ABN DIV.. GOD Bless our Troops!!
    Foward Observer 3/505thPIR - A/319thAFAR
    87-91 "Just Cause - Desert Sheild/Storm"

2. Remove Ads

I'm glad you and the family are ok. I hope you find out what happened or who it was so you can sleep better. Who knows, it might have been a prank by a "friend."
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Thought about that but all my friends know im heavily armed and know better that to come unannounced after midnight beating on door.

Quote Originally Posted by TomEgun View Post
    Thought about that but all my friends know im heavily armed and know better that to come unannounced after midnight beating on door.
    Based on a co-worker's similar experience (and reaction), I'd suspect a "friend" (classmate/co-worker/stalker) of one of the girls rather than one of yours.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

I was thinking more of a friend of the girls. You know how kids are...
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

VIP Member
    Your friends know that, but do your daughters friends know it? Might have been one of their friends wanting to play a prank, knowing there was a sleep over going on.

Well, they didn't stick around after you hit the lights. Glad
    you all are safe.

This is why we all need to distinguish our target not just extinguish them because we are in code orange. I must admit I was one of the kids banging on the door of my sister at a sleepover. Enjoyed the response immensly and knowing what I do now...my kids will never do that! Plenty of pranks out there that won't get you shot (you know, JollyRanchers in the shower head and so on)
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Its funny my friends are the same way about me. On Holloween my roommates brother came by to visit with some of his friends. One of them was dressed like a weird freddy cougar thing.. He wanted to play a prank and my roommates brother told him I wouldn't do that if I where you. Well when I answered the door it just so happend it was a day that I was OC and I heard the friend tell the brother "oh I see what you mean." I didnt understand what the friend said until after the brother told me a story..

John
    ~XD-45 Compact~
    You might be weak but God is Strong!

I need to get a couple more floods around my house and I have been thinking about some remote cameras out in the woods facing the house. It would sure be nice to get a 360 view of the perimeter without exiting the home. Glad y'all are okay. You never know what could have been!!
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

May have been a boy who came to visit them..... may have been someone thinking no one was home, could have been.... a lot of things....

But, seems the lights did the job, and you had it covered if they didn't get the hint.

Yep its my middle daughter whose 15 my rebel , oldest is in college and her boyfriend in Afganistan. the boys here will learn her daddy has the heart of a 9lb hammer...lol and a hair trigger!!but what ever it was hopefully no repeats had a friend in Raleigh Homie gangbanger types came knocking at 3am wanting to use phone until they saw his mac10 with laser sight...lol then they said they had the wrong house.

Yep its my middle daughter whose 15 my rebel
    It would be absolutely wrong to use non lethal 12 gauge Bean Bag, Hydro-Kinetic Liquid Beanbag Ammo, rubber balls or any of the other less lethal ammo from from Ammunition to Go. to shot a 15 year boy prankster that you'd mistaken for an intruder. Poor kid would think he was actually shot with a shotgun. Take all the joy out of pranking your home.

Definitely a terrible idea. Bad for your reputation. All the High School boys would think you are some nut job that would shot someone over your daughter. Even worst your poor daughter probably couldn't get a date with any of the local thugs until after she is thirty.

Yep bad idea. The Flash Bangs were a blast on New Years though
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    It would be absolutely wrong to use non lethal 12 gauge Bean Bag, Hydro-Kinetic Liquid Beanbag Ammo, rubber balls or any of the other less lethal ammo from from Ammunition to Go. to shot a 15 year boy prankster that you'd mistaken for an intruder. Poor kid would think he was actually shot with a shotgun. Take all the joy out of pranking your home.

Definitely a terrible idea. Bad for your reputation. All the High School boys would think you are some nut job that would shot someone over your daughter. Even worst your poor daughter probably couldn't get a date with any of the local thugs until after she is thirty.

Yep bad idea. The Flash Bangs were a blast on New Years though
    Would never do something like thatlol
    My oldest daughter brought her first boyfriend home to meet us and his name was Devin I just so happened to be cleaning my Mossberg 500 and he walked in and started staring asked me what it was and I told him it was the Devinator2000 . He broke up with her next day she came crying to my wife and my life was hell the next week but I couldnt stop grinning and that pissed off my wife even more And my Daughter couldnt get a date in school again for months...

Haha that's hilarious! Charles Barkley once said in an interview about guys dating his daughter, "You shoot the first one and word gets out!" I'll have to remember that for when my little girls start dating...thankfully there still into Polly Pocket and Barbies
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links